+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Family sponsorship for Child

dnarana

Star Member
Oct 4, 2016
No point in waiting for a TRV app to be processed. Your husband should have started the sponsorship app as soon as he returned to Canada. He is required to live in Canada throughout the process.

There is no guarantee of the TRV app being approved.
My husband got job recently if he applies for pr for my son and during the processing time can my son get a trv to visit him . I know rejection rate is higher but is it worth to try

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
My husband got job recently if he applies for pr for my son and during the processing time can my son get a trv to visit him . I know rejection rate is higher but is it worth to try
Entirely up to you whether to try or not.

rahulbharath

Mar 16, 2018
My case was similar. But I didn't apply for PR before trv. I applied for trv for my baby in India from canada. Once it was approved, she came to Canada. Then I applied for PR. It's under processing (so far no issues, fingers crossed).

dnarana

Star Member
Oct 4, 2016
Hey thanks for the reply Can you tell me the procedure for trv Flight tickets are mandatory for my son and me ?

rahulbharath

Mar 16, 2018
Hey thanks for the reply Can you tell me the procedure for trv Flight tickets are mandatory for my son and me ?
I assume you are a PR, no tickets necessary for you.

as for your son, i am not sure. i did NOT book a ticket, but my TRV went through.

i would say that the most important thing is be upfront in the TRV visa application. in my application, i very clearly declared that I am bringing my daughter to Canada on TRV and i will be immediately applying for PR for her after she comes here. It is very obvious, so no need to hide it.

type it up as a letter during your application and upload it. i am sure it wont be an issue.

dnarana

Star Member
Oct 4, 2016
Yes I am PR . I will draft the letter accordingly . One last doubt how long will be the validity of TRV if issued for my baby

as for your son, i am not sure. i did NOT book a ticket, but my TRV went through.

i would say that the most important thing is be upfront in the TRV visa application. in my application, i very clearly declared that I am bringing my daughter to Canada on TRV and i will be immediately applying for PR for her after she comes here. It is very obvious, so no need to hide it.

type it up as a letter during your application and upload it. i am sure it wont be an issue.
Yes

Yes

rahulbharath

Mar 16, 2018
Yes I am PR . I will draft the letter accordingly . One last doubt how long will be the validity of TRV if issued for my baby
Yes

Yes
Usually they give it for the validity of the passport. But at one time you can stay only for 6 months. But at end of six months if still you don't have the pr, then apply for extension of trv.

Luckily, I had to make a trip out of Canada and I returned. So it counted as a new trip.

The seniors in this thread can shed more light, but for me I applied for PR only in May and I have already submitted passport for stamping of pr. So I think 6 months should be more than enough for processing your pr. Good luck

dnarana

Star Member
Oct 4, 2016

Hi

Can you please tell me what you have mentioned in Purpose of Travel ?

Thank you