+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Family sponsorship for Child

rahulbharath

Mar 16, 2018
Yes ofcourse. Landing process has to be done to confirm the "Date of PR status starting".
This could be done inland and in the border.
Border :
1. Either go out of Canada and come back by Air/Land/Sea.
2. Flagpoling at Borders..

Inland :
1. After you get the COPR, call CIC and ask for an inland landing appointment. They will try booking an appointment at the nearest IRCC office of your loaction. You can go in there and do the "landing".
2. Telephonic Landing (Pilot Program) : IRCC selects some of the candidates and call them on phone to verify details and completes the landing.
thanks a lot immigrant7

immigrant7

Aug 15, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo -> Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-MAY-2012
AOR Received.
27-AUG-2012
IELTS Request
With Application
File Transfer...
27-AUG-2012
Med's Request
29-OCT-2012
Med's Done....
05-NOV-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
11-SEP-2013
VISA ISSUED...
10-OCT-2013
LANDED..........
19-OCT-2013
Reactions: rahulbharath

rahulbharath

Mar 16, 2018
Well, you can click the "Thanks" on my post ;) :)
hi Immigrant7,

i am attempting to apply for TRV for my child. i did the following.

1. Open a new GCKEY in her name
2. FIll up her profile (name, age,etc)

in her required documents, i am seeing IMM 5257 form. It has a signature field in it. how to do it? do i keep a fingerprint of the baby?

please advise on this. Thank you!

immigrant7

Aug 15, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo -> Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-MAY-2012
AOR Received.
27-AUG-2012
IELTS Request
With Application
File Transfer...
27-AUG-2012
Med's Request
29-OCT-2012
Med's Done....
05-NOV-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
11-SEP-2013
VISA ISSUED...
10-OCT-2013
LANDED..........
19-OCT-2013
hi Immigrant7,

i am attempting to apply for TRV for my child. i did the following.

1. Open a new GCKEY in her name
2. FIll up her profile (name, age,etc)

in her required documents, i am seeing IMM 5257 form. It has a signature field in it. how to do it? do i keep a fingerprint of the baby?

please advise on this. Thank you!
Hi Rahulbharath,
Sorry, I was offline for some time.

For kid's application, the guardian has to sign. In my case, I signed (my signature) for my kid.

rahulbharath

Mar 16, 2018
Hi Rahulbharath,
Sorry, I was offline for some time.

For kid's application, the guardian has to sign. In my case, I signed (my signature) for my kid.
HI immigrant7, no problem. I got the visa!

i got another doubt, when you brought the child here, what did you do for healthcare? did you take private insurance?

also, once you applied for PR for the baby, how long did it take to get granted?

immigrant7

Aug 15, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo -> Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-MAY-2012
AOR Received.
27-AUG-2012
IELTS Request
With Application
File Transfer...
27-AUG-2012
Med's Request
29-OCT-2012
Med's Done....
05-NOV-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
11-SEP-2013
VISA ISSUED...
10-OCT-2013
LANDED..........
19-OCT-2013
HI immigrant7, no problem. I got the visa!

i got another doubt, when you brought the child here, what did you do for healthcare? did you take private insurance?

also, once you applied for PR for the baby, how long did it take to get granted?
Hi Rahul...
Good to know you got the Visa.
And to your new questions:
Health Insurance : Yes, I had another insurance. Here, you wont get coverage if you are on a visit visa.
PR : It took around 7 months for my kid's application to complete processing and we got COPR.

You can do the landing and go register for insurance. But you can also go with COPR approval and get the registration done.
But in either case, they put them on a lock in period and only after that you get the card and coverage.

rahulbharath

Mar 16, 2018
Hi Rahul...
Good to know you got the Visa.
And to your new questions:
Health Insurance : Yes, I had another insurance. Here, you wont get coverage if you are on a visit visa.
PR : It took around 7 months for my kid's application to complete processing and we got COPR.

You can do the landing and go register for insurance. But you can also go with COPR approval and get the registration done.
But in either case, they put them on a lock in period and only after that you get the card and coverage.
Thanks a lot for your guidance!

My kid is going to be coming in a month or so. Can i apply for the PR online while she is still in India so that the process can start? or do i need to wait till she actually gets here before I can apply for the PR?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Thanks a lot for your guidance!

My kid is going to be coming in a month or so. Can i apply for the PR online while she is still in India so that the process can start? or do i need to wait till she actually gets here before I can apply for the PR?
It's a paper application. You can apply now.

immigrant7

Aug 15, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo -> Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-MAY-2012
AOR Received.
27-AUG-2012
IELTS Request
With Application
File Transfer...
27-AUG-2012
Med's Request
29-OCT-2012
Med's Done....
05-NOV-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
11-SEP-2013
VISA ISSUED...
10-OCT-2013
LANDED..........
19-OCT-2013
Hi Canuck, thank you.

I cannot apply using CIC website like I did for my express entry?

and the Paper Application, i need to go to Service Canada to get that?
You need to download the latest application package from the IRCC website. Be sure to select the right category (Sponsoring Family - Dependent Child) and the country. Each country has different supporting document requirements.

All the best.

rahulbharath

Mar 16, 2018
You need to download the latest application package from the IRCC website. Be sure to select the right category (Sponsoring Family - Dependent Child) and the country. Each country has different supporting document requirements.

All the best.
Thank you!

Once I do sponsor the child, there is no bar on the child entering Canada on a visitor Visa, correct?

Also, if I say the child is abroad currently in the application and when it is approved if child is in Canada, can the Copr be done inside canada?

immigrant7

Aug 15, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo -> Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-MAY-2012
AOR Received.
27-AUG-2012
IELTS Request
With Application
File Transfer...
27-AUG-2012
Med's Request
29-OCT-2012
Med's Done....
05-NOV-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
11-SEP-2013
VISA ISSUED...
10-OCT-2013
LANDED..........
19-OCT-2013
Thank you!

Once I do sponsor the child, there is no bar on the child entering Canada on a visitor Visa, correct?

Also, if I say the child is abroad currently in the application and when it is approved if child is in Canada, can the Copr be done inside canada?
When are you planning to get your kid to Canada ?
I dont know whether it has a direct impact or not. But then I'd say, if it is not too late, get your Kid in here and then apply.

But again, there's no problem in applying now and then your kid coming to Canada on Visit Visa.

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Thank you!

if your child already has a visitor visa, sponsoring him won't change the validity of his visitor visa.

Reactions: rahulbharath