+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Family sponsorship for Child

rahulbharath

Mar 16, 2018
Hi all,

A quick question.

I am a PR residing in Canada sponsoring PR for my 8 month old child. I have lived in Canada since 2018 May. Do i need to submit any police certificates along with the application for myself? The checklist generated does not include a police certificate. but it is present in the Basic Guide page that those sponsoring must submit a police certificate.

Any help will be appreciated!

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi all,

A quick question.

I am a PR residing in Canada sponsoring PR for my 8 month old child. I have lived in Canada since 2018 May. Do i need to submit any police certificates along with the application for myself? The checklist generated does not include a police certificate. but it is present in the Basic Guide page that those sponsoring must submit a police certificate.

Any help will be appreciated!
No. The guide does not state that sponsors must send PCCs.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12

amis

Star Member
Apr 26, 2014
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-06-2014
Med's Request
23-11-2014
Med's Done....
29-11-2014
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
Hi , I am applying for TRV for my son who is 1.5 year old and residing in India. Could you please let me know if he needs to get his biometric done

rahulbharath

Mar 16, 2018
If under the age of 14, no.
Hello Canuck,

I have got an update stating i am eligible to sponsor and got an email asking me to do medical test.

The address i had given in my sponsorship and of the baby are both a Canada address. Currently we are on a holiday in India.

can we do the test with a panel physician in Chennai? would that make any kind of difference? or if i gave address in my application as Canada, i should do it only in canada?

dnarana

Star Member
Oct 4, 2016
Hi all

Can some one please guide me through this situation

I and my husband landed in Canada and became PR in March 2018. I have left to India or child birth and my husband moved to canada last june 2019. I want to move to canada with my son son. Can some one suggest me how should I go for it
1. Apply PR as one parent is in Canada and then apply for TRV and go to canada
2. First apply for TRV and land in Canada and then apply or PR
Your help is very much appreciated
Thank you

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hello Canuck,

I have got an update stating i am eligible to sponsor and got an email asking me to do medical test.

The address i had given in my sponsorship and of the baby are both a Canada address. Currently we are on a holiday in India.

can we do the test with a panel physician in Chennai? would that make any kind of difference? or if i gave address in my application as Canada, i should do it only in canada?
You can do it in Chennai.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi all

Can some one please guide me through this situation

I and my husband landed in Canada and became PR in March 2018. I have left to India or child birth and my husband moved to canada last june 2019. I want to move to canada with my son son. Can some one suggest me how should I go for it
1. Apply PR as one parent is in Canada and then apply for TRV and go to canada
2. First apply for TRV and land in Canada and then apply or PR
Your help is very much appreciated
Thank you
No point in waiting for a TRV app to be processed. Your husband should have started the sponsorship app as soon as he returned to Canada. He is required to live in Canada throughout the process.

There is no guarantee of the TRV app being approved.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello Canuck,

You are supposed to remain in Canada throughout the sponsorship. Vacations of 2-3 weeks seem to be tolerated so hope you are not going for longer.

Reactions: rahulbharath

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Hello Canuck,

If you are a PR and you are the sponsor, you need to stay in Canada. As Canuck pointed out, a short vacation is OK. But months long vacation is NOT. So you should return to canada soon if you have already been out for weeks.

I assume the medical is only for your baby. So your baby could get medical done in Chennai but in case baby needs further tests, it's more complicated if you and baby already returned to Canada.

Reactions: rahulbharath