+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Fall 2019 Intake: Pakistani Students Only

Syeda.Zainab

Feb 23, 2019
I had my medical exam on 21 August, 2019, which updated today, i.e. 24 August, 2019, as pass.

How many days should it take now to receive further correspondence?

Any replies, would be highly appreciated.

Reactions: Hassan7601

Azlan Aslam

Star Member
Jun 1, 2019
I had my medical exam on 21 August, 2019, which updated today, i.e. 24 August, 2019, as pass.

To be honest it varies and their is no confirmed timeline. My medical got passed and updated on 4th August and i got Biometric correspondence letter on 22nd August. Still waiting for further correspondence.
But what i have heard is that when the semester is about to start, VOs starting completing the applications and speed up the processes. So hopefully, You would be hearing from them soon.

Reactions: Syeda.Zainab

NoorHayat

Aug 6, 2019
Hi,
Im an International student in Turkey. Applied for a transfer to canada but visa got refused.
1) immigration status
2) purpose of visit

Completed two years in bacjelors degree in Turkey
Ielts 8.0 band
Submitted 1 semester fee into my canadian university
I applied from turkey. Do you think I should apply online from home country?
Im applying again, Any suggestions? I dont have time for VO notes

Shan121

Star Member
May 11, 2017
So its been a week since I submitted multiple CSE and webforms for updating upfront medical and it hasnt been updated yet. Yesterday got an email from CE CSC that file is being processed at ABU Dhabi and all documents sent through webform have been forwarded to their office.

Anyone here has an idea how long before medical gets updated?

Aug 24, 2019
Congrats to all who have received their passport request!

I got my approval after a long long delay and they asked me to submit the original passport I applied with. It expires in Jan 2020. Unfortunately the visa has been stamped until Jan 2020 only.

In this case, I believe I will hve to apply for a study permit/visa extension once I am in Canada using my new passport. I just checked the checklist and its asking for my Medicals--I gave the medicals this year so why am I being asked to provide these again? Is there any way of getting the medical results from IOM to get help with this??

Also, I am traveling soon and will carry both my original passport with the visa as well as my renewed passport. Will it be an issue to enter Canada? Should I show the new passport to Immigration once i get there?

Ur help is very much appreciated. thank you

tanya.aziz

Aug 26, 2019
i am based in UAE and was not able to get wes attestation from pakistan myself. a cousin of mine recomended me a reliable and reasonable service which is https://tny.sh/5NFoqHJ . not only they got my bachelor masters karachi university attestation from hec for WES prospective but also assisted me in getting police certificate birth and marriage certificate for canada. thought to share it here for those who just may be in need of such service. WS

Hassan7601

Jul 5, 2019
AOA all
I have got Passport submission letter today at 4.48 PM.
W salam. This is great news, Congratulations !!! :). You should submit your passport tomorrow and hopefully by this Friday or Monday you should be getting it back

You should book your tickets, they'll be super expensive but there is no other option.

Hassan7601

Jul 5, 2019
Congrats to all who have received their passport request!

I got my approval after a long long delay and they asked me to submit the original passport I applied with. It expires in Jan 2020. Unfortunately the visa has been stamped until Jan 2020 only.

In this case, I believe I will hve to apply for a study permit/visa extension once I am in Canada using my new passport. I just checked the checklist and its asking for my Medicals--I gave the medicals this year so why am I being asked to provide these again? Is there any way of getting the medical results from IOM to get help with this??

Also, I am traveling soon and will carry both my original passport with the visa as well as my renewed passport. Will it be an issue to enter Canada? Should I show the new passport to Immigration once i get there?

Ur help is very much appreciated. thank you

So the thing is that your medicals are valid for one year from the date of exam. There is number that the IOM center provides and it's known as the UMI number. You can also go to your local IOM center and get a copy of your E Medical records and also attach that in your application. You should apply for study permit extension as soon as you get your new passport as it can take several months (2-3 almost). Then after your study permit has been extended then you will need to apply for a TRV as well but all this will be issued so don't worry about that. Last but not the least, even though your study permit expires in Jan 2020, and suppose your study permit application is still in process and get no response before that, you don't need to worry since your application is bridged in.

Hopefully this helps....

Hassan7601

Jul 5, 2019
So its been a week since I submitted multiple CSE and webforms for updating upfront medical and it hasnt been updated yet. Yesterday got an email from CE CSC that file is being processed at ABU Dhabi and all documents sent through webform have been forwarded to their office.

Anyone here has an idea how long before medical gets updated?

It's totally random for every single applicant. Unfortunately, there is no definite answer to this :(

Reactions: Shan121

Hassan7601

Jul 5, 2019
Hi,
Im an International student in Turkey. Applied for a transfer to canada but visa got refused.
1) immigration status
2) purpose of visit

Completed two years in bacjelors degree in Turkey
Ielts 8.0 band
Submitted 1 semester fee into my canadian university
I applied from turkey. Do you think I should apply online from home country?
Im applying again, Any suggestions? I dont have time for VO notes

For Purpose of Visit: You need to work on your SOP, it means that you did not mention properly, like for example why you are going there, how that education will help you when you return back to your home country, why you chose Canada and why are you leaving Turkey, etc etc. This is just the basic overview.

For Immigration Status: Yes, this is common when you're applying from a country other than your country of citizenship. For this you need to show strong ties to Pakistan. Properties in Pakistan (for your parents), your parents employment in Pakistan, you will go back and maybe work with your Father/Mother in their business (if they have any), their bank accounts in Pakistan..... You need to convince them that you will go back to Pakistan and why you came to Turkey in the first place and all of the sudden why you are transferring....

This is just an overview, I hope this helps.... :)

Hassan7601

Jul 5, 2019

So just to show a little bit of comparison.

@Azlan Aslam got his medical passed on Aug 4 and correspondence letter on Aug 22 along with the approval on Aug 26...

For myself, my medical passed on July 14, Correspondence letter on July 28 and then PPR on Aug 8 (my case was different, since my visa said it was issued on July 29 which means it was just stuck somewhere which caused a 3 week delay and I got my approval on Aug 16....

So in short, it seems like you should expect a decision within 2-3 weeks and then PPR and all (add another week).... I am hoping max all is done for you by the first to second week of September...

Reactions: Syeda.Zainab
Aug 24, 2019
So the thing is that your medicals are valid for one year from the date of exam. There is number that the IOM center provides and it's known as the UMI number. You can also go to your local IOM center and get a copy of your E Medical records and also attach that in your application. You should apply for study permit extension as soon as you get your new passport as it can take several months (2-3 almost). Then after your study permit has been extended then you will need to apply for a TRV as well but all this will be issued so don't worry about that. Last but not the least, even though your study permit expires in Jan 2020, and suppose your study permit application is still in process and get no response before that, you don't need to worry since your application is bridged in.

Hopefully this helps....
Thank you so much, this does help clarify a lot!!

One more thing; do you think it will be an issue if I carry my new passport with me but exit Pakistan and enter Canada using the current one? Or does the current one automatically get cancelled along with the visa when you apply for a new passport?

And again, thank you very much

Shan121

Star Member
May 11, 2017
Got medical updated after a week.

Does it show biometrics number, date of enrolment and expiration on gc key for anyone without correspondence letter?