+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Fall 2019 Intake: Pakistani Students Only

Hassan7601

Jul 5, 2019
Thank you so much, this does help clarify a lot!!

One more thing; do you think it will be an issue if I carry my new passport with me but exit Pakistan and enter Canada using the current one? Or does the current one automatically get cancelled along with the visa when you apply for a new passport?

And again, thank you very much
My Pleasure. As far as my knowledge goes, I thought that once a person is issued a new passport the old becomes invalid. So a person is only issued a new passport if his/her old passport was either lost/stolen and/or expired. So in your case, you already got a new passport and you're still holding the old as valid, is that it?

Because what you could've done was just traveled on the old passport which is set to expire in Jan 2020 and apply for a new one here in Toronto or Ottawa (which can take about a month to come) for Pakistanis who don't hold a Canadian Passport and then you could've put in your application for a study permit renewal.

Another case is sometimes a person is issued a visa and their passport expires before their visa does or a person in the armed forces might change their passport from a military to regular one. In that case you can carry your old passport which has a valid visa on it and show it at customs and have the new one as well.... even though the old passport is no longer in use........

But there is also a case usually where you can renew your passport before 6 months of its expiry (goes for Canada and Pakistan both), if that's the case, then I guess you can carry both but honestly I am not sure, since you do become eligible to renew the passport within that time...

Hassan7601

Jul 5, 2019
Got medical updated after a week.

Does it show biometrics number, date of enrolment and expiration on gc key for anyone without correspondence letter?

Yes, it should show on top right corner of the GC key account.... even if you have not received the correspondence letter...

Aug 24, 2019
My Pleasure. As far as my knowledge goes, I thought that once a person is issued a new passport the old becomes invalid. So a person is only issued a new passport if his/her old passport was either lost/stolen and/or expired. So in your case, you already got a new passport and you're still holding the old as valid, is that it?

Because what you could've done was just traveled on the old passport which is set to expire in Jan 2020 and apply for a new one here in Toronto or Ottawa (which can take about a month to come) for Pakistanis who don't hold a Canadian Passport and then you could've put in your application for a study permit renewal.

Another case is sometimes a person is issued a visa and their passport expires before their visa does or a person in the armed forces might change their passport from a military to regular one. In that case you can carry your old passport which has a valid visa on it and show it at customs and have the new one as well.... even though the old passport is no longer in use........

But there is also a case usually where you can renew your passport before 6 months of its expiry (goes for Canada and Pakistan both), if that's the case, then I guess you can carry both but honestly I am not sure, since you do become eligible to renew the passport within that time...

Thing is, my current study permit application took so long that i want to avoid delays with the extension process as I plan to travel to Pakistan during December. Which is why I didn't want to apply for a passport renewal in Toronto as it would take a month as you said.

I will check with others in pakistan before leaving just to confirm but I don't think it should be a problem. I read online that Canada has a 3-month passport validity rule and I do meet tht, plus i'll have my new one too in case they question. just not sure about exiting pakistan and i hope my visa doesn't get canceled if my passport is invalid now..

And once again, you have been super helpful! :)

Hassan7601

Jul 5, 2019
Thing is, my current study permit application took so long that i want to avoid delays with the extension process as I plan to travel to Pakistan during December. Which is why I didn't want to apply for a passport renewal in Toronto as it would take a month as you said.

I will check with others in pakistan before leaving just to confirm but I don't think it should be a problem. I read online that Canada has a 3-month passport validity rule and I do meet tht, plus i'll have my new one too in case they question. just not sure about exiting pakistan and i hope my visa doesn't get canceled if my passport is invalid now..

And once again, you have been super helpful! :)

Even if your passport is invalid, your visa stays valid with the new passport, you don't need to worry about that. Just make sure that you carry both passports..... Pakistan has a 6 month rule if I am not mistaken....

Reactions: Noori94toronto

alijumani

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2011
Toronto
Category........
CEC
LANDED..........
09-08-2015
Anyone have any idea how to send money for GIC from Meezan bank to Scotia bank? My brother went to bank yesterday for wire transfer $10,200 in to his GIC account nut bank refused to do it. They told him student cannot send money to Canada. you are non filer and you do not have foreign currency account. I don't know why everything is so hard in our Country. Lack of knowledge and seems like no one likes to do their job. Very disappointed!

faizanshafiq

Star Member
Jun 19, 2016
Aoa,
I have a question! what if I get the passport request in a month and visa officer doesn't ask for the deferral and meanwhile I take defer from the university for the January intake. what should I do in that situation?

Hassan7601

Jul 5, 2019
Aoa,
I have a question! what if I get the passport request in a month and visa officer doesn't ask for the deferral and meanwhile I take defer from the university for the January intake. what should I do in that situation?

It should be fine, since your letter of approval will say that you need to enter Canada before that date and at the border you can mention to them that your visa came late and all, plus you will have your deferral letter. So don't worry

sana.azhar

Aug 28, 2019
i am based in UAE and was not able to get wes attestation from pakistan myself. a cousin of mine recomended me a reliable and reasonable service which is https://tny.sh/5NFoqHJ . not only they got my bachelor masters karachi university attestation from hec for WES prospective but also assisted me in getting police certificate birth and marriage certificate for canada. thought to share it here for those who just may be in need of such service. WS
thank you for valuable information i was looking for the same in pakistan for such assistance

Bilalm001

Jun 23, 2019
If anyone could give me some advice please, So my medical was passed on 21-Aug I received my biometric correspondence letter today 28-Aug and I’m waiting for my passport request now. I sent an email to my professor to defer my semester yesterday. My question(s) are:
1) When do you think I’ll have the passport my hand?
2) Do you think for a masters degree i should go even if it means missing two weeks (any opinion is helpful, would you do it?)
3) And is there anyone from the UofA here?

Reactions: Syeda.Zainab

Syeda.Zainab

Feb 23, 2019
If anyone could give me some advice please, So my medical was passed on 21-Aug I received my biometric correspondence letter today 28-Aug and I’m waiting for my passport request now. I sent an email to my professor to defer my semester yesterday. My question(s) are:
2) Do you think for a masters degree i should go even if it means missing two weeks (any opinion is helpful, would you do it?)
Did you receive passport request?

faizanshafiq

Star Member
Jun 19, 2016
I am in a kind of the same situation as you are. My professor approved my defer yesterday as I just got the medical call.
2 weeks means losing a couple of lectures on the basic. If you have already a good grasp on your subjects and your professor doesn't have any problem with your late coming then it should be fine.
I may be doing that not sure about this, if I were you

Shan121

Star Member
May 11, 2017
Got passport request with just an email no letter or any attachment, nothing even in GC account.

Should we just send passport with print of that email which asks for passport submission? Email has uci and application number.

Also, how long does it take for passport to come back if we are sending it from vfs karachi? Application being processed at Abu dhabi

Hassan7601

Jul 5, 2019
Got passport request with just an email no letter or any attachment, nothing even in GC account.

Should we just send passport with print of that email which asks for passport submission? Email has uci and application number.

Also, how long does it take for passport to come back if we are sending it from vfs karachi? Application being processed at Abu dhabi

I also just got an email for the PPR and nothing else, nothing was updated in GC key or anywhere else. All you need to do is print out that email since that email has your UCI and application number. If you're sending it on Friday from Karachi then expect to receive it back within a week.

And even if it is not updated, your application is approved, otherwise they won't be asking for your passport. :)

Good Luck