+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry Step by step instructions.

Edwin0206

Aug 29, 2019
Hello all,

For Jobs exempt from the LMIA, it mentioned below:
  1. workers transferred within a company (intra-company transferees with specialized knowledge) – only those that will benefit Canada with their skills and experience
How to define what is specialized knowledge and how to prove this will benefit Canada?

Regards

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
Hello all,

For Jobs exempt from the LMIA, it mentioned below:
  1. workers transferred within a company (intra-company transferees with specialized knowledge) – only those that will benefit Canada with their skills and experience
How to define what is specialized knowledge and how to prove this will benefit Canada?

Regards
Among other factors -
To have specialized knowledge any ICT applicant would be required to demonstrate, on a balance of probabilities, a high degree of both proprietary knowledge and advanced expertise.

Proprietary knowledge alone, or advanced expertise alone, does not qualify the applicant under this exemption.

Here's the official IRCC publication that clarifies things - https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/temporary-residents/foreign-workers/exemption-codes/intra-company-transferees/canadian-interests-significant-benefit-qualifying-job-positions-specialized-knowledge.html

Edwin0206

Aug 29, 2019
Among other factors -
To have specialized knowledge any ICT applicant would be required to demonstrate, on a balance of probabilities, a high degree of both proprietary knowledge and advanced expertise.

Proprietary knowledge alone, or advanced expertise alone, does not qualify the applicant under this exemption.

Here's the official IRCC publication that clarifies things - https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/temporary-residents/foreign-workers/exemption-codes/intra-company-transferees/canadian-interests-significant-benefit-qualifying-job-positions-specialized-knowledge.html
Thanks a lot.

vsfedotov

Aug 12, 2019
USA
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Hey!
Just got my IELTS results, filling my EE profile now. Everything looks pretty straightforward except for this question:

Date [APPLICANT] first became qualified to practice in this occupation

If the "primary occupation" is:
  • a qualified trade (four-digit code begins with 632, 633, 72, 73, 82, 92), this is the date they became qualified to practice on their own in Canada. (For example, when they moved from apprentice to being a licensed tradesperson.)
  • any other job, this is the date they first obtained the minimum education or training stated in the NOC description. (Note: if the NOC only states high school, this is the date they graduated.)
I wonder if I should enter the date I finished my undergrad education, which would be 2011? However, I don't claim points for it. I've listed only my US MBA on the education tab (2019), but I got it after I got an experience I'm claiming points for (2013-2017).
Is it ok to enter the 2011 date anyway?

Last edited:

georgeb88

Star Member
Aug 15, 2019
Category........
PNP
Nomination.....
May2021
AOR Received.
14-06-2021
Hey!
Just got my IELTS results, filling my EE profile now. Everything looks pretty straightforward except for this question:

Date [APPLICANT] first became qualified to practice in this occupation

If the "primary occupation" is:
  • a qualified trade (four-digit code begins with 632, 633, 72, 73, 82, 92), this is the date they became qualified to practice on their own in Canada. (For example, when they moved from apprentice to being a licensed tradesperson.)
  • any other job, this is the date they first obtained the minimum education or training stated in the NOC description. (Note: if the NOC only states high school, this is the date they graduated.)
I wonder if I should enter the date I finished my undergrad education, which would be 2011? However, I don't claim points for it. I've listed only my US MBA on the education tab (2019), but I got it after I got an experience I'm claiming points for (2013-2017).
Is it ok to enter the 2011 date anyway?
The NOC you are using as your main occupation, will have a minimum qualification mentioned for it( as declared by CIC). If that qualification if a bachelor's or undergraduate degree then you can give the date of your undergrad. That's what I know, might wanna wait for others to confirm

vsfedotov

Aug 12, 2019
USA
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
The NOC you are using as your main occupation, will have a minimum qualification mentioned for it( as declared by CIC). If that qualification if a bachelor's or undergraduate degree then you can give the date of your undergrad. That's what I know, might wanna wait for others to confirm
NOC 0124 says "A university degree or college diploma in business administration or in a related field with a specialization in sales or marketing and Several years of experience", so should I choose 2013 instead? It's when I started working for the job I claim the points for and got that 'several years of experience' in similar positions.

I see this question surfaced many times on this forum and the answers are slightly different based on individual case.

georgeb88

Star Member
Aug 15, 2019
Category........
PNP
Nomination.....
May2021
AOR Received.
14-06-2021
NOC 0124 says "A university degree or college diploma in business administration or in a related field with a specialization in sales or marketing and Several years of experience", so should I choose 2013 instead? It's when I started working for the job I claim the points for and got that 'several years of experience' in similar positions.

I see this question surfaced many times on this forum and the answers are slightly different based on individual case.
If 2013 was the year you satisfy the 'several years' criteria for you NOC then that seems to be the logical choice. Also if after 2013, you satisfy the 'continuous work experience' criteria as well then that would be the safest option too I guess.

I mean if you have the needed continuous work experience counting from 2013.. then it's safe I meant

vsfedotov

Aug 12, 2019
USA
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
If 2013 was the year you satisfy the 'several years' criteria for you NOC then that seems to be the logical choice. Also if after 2013, you satisfy the 'continuous work experience' criteria as well then that would be the safest option too I guess.

I mean if you have the needed continuous work experience counting from 2013.. then it's safe I meant
Thanks!

Wow, profile created. So exciting!

Senorita1253

Aug 30, 2019
Hi I want to Immigrat to Canada for having safe life because in Afghanistan we are in danger cant live here, we cant study properly
I have 3 brothers that they must continue their studies I want to help them.

VisaExperts

Star Member
Feb 28, 2019
hello everyone,

i gave two ielts exam. In my first ielts i got 8 band and second attempt got 7 band. so whenever i will apply for EE which ielts score accepted. please advice me.
regards
As far as I know you can file either of them. For obvious reasons would be the exam where you have score 8 as it may fetch you more points while you go ahead with the immigration process.

ibrobaba

Star Member
Jul 27, 2015
Hello guys, for the end date of educational history, is it the date your transcript was issued or the date of your graduation. I started working FT immediately my transcript was issued and if I put my graduation date, it will mess up my Activity History

uppperkut

Jan 28, 2017
Somewhere in ON
Hello guys, for the end date of educational history, is it the date your transcript was issued or the date of your graduation. I started working FT immediately my transcript was issued and if I put my graduation date, it will mess up my Activity History
What is your graduation date? Ceremony? I put the date my results came out.

Reactions: ibrobaba

DuwaPP

Aug 31, 2019
Hello,

I am a new bee trying to process my ECA with IQAS and i need some advice.

I have uploaded soft copies of my credentials on IQAS portal. Will it be necessary to dispatch hard copies of same via courier.

Anyone with useful info will be appropriated.

Thanks