+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry Step by step instructions.

Nov 3, 2016
Hello,

I received my ITA on November 2nd 2016 and as I was submitting my application, I was asked to fill my travel history. Could someone please help if I need to mention my stay in Singapore for 9 months. Since my return I was issued a new passport. The visa stamp for Singapore is in my old passport. Do I need to show all my old passports when I submit my application. Pleaseee help.

istari

Champion Member
Jul 5, 2016
Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jennifermonteiro said:
Hello,

I received my ITA on November 2nd 2016 and as I was submitting my application, I was asked to fill my travel history. Could someone please help if I need to mention my stay in Singapore for 9 months. Since my return I was issued a new passport. The visa stamp for Singapore is in my old passport. Do I need to show all my old passports when I submit my application. Pleaseee help.
You need to mention all travel within the past 10 years.

SBarwal

Nov 3, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

I am new to this forum and planning to apply for my PR by my own and not through any immigration consultant.

Is it a good option to do it by my own ?

I have given my IELTS exam and waiting foe results.

ECA part is also done !!!

What other documents I need to prepare in this process which I can prepare now?

Thk...

istari

Champion Member
Jul 5, 2016
Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
SBarwal said:
Hi,

I am new to this forum and planning to apply for my PR by my own and not through any immigration consultant.

Is it a good option to do it by my own ?
Doing it on your own is fine; most people on this forum are doing it this way.

I have given my IELTS exam and waiting foe results.

ECA part is also done !!!

What other documents I need to prepare in this process which I can prepare now?
You can get your reference letters now. Also make sure you have other documents that may be required in your specific case (marriage certificate, birth certificates and copies PR documents of relatives if you're claiming points for a Canadian relative, birth certificates of dependent children, etc.).

Thk...

shan-781

Sep 19, 2016
Hello All,
I am new here and planning to apply for express entry on my own using the help from all of you.

i hope i shall get the right guidance.

However i tried to check online for my eligibility, and the website says that i am not eligible to apply for express entry, however the four immigration consultants i spoke to told me that i make up 67 points, and i m very much eligible to apply.

please guide me how shall i proceed further.

SBarwal

Nov 3, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
shan-781 said:
Hello All,
I am new here and planning to apply for express entry on my own using the help from all of you.

i hope i shall get the right guidance.

However i tried to check online for my eligibility, and the website says that i am not eligible to apply for express entry, however the four immigration consultants i spoke to told me that i make up 67 points, and i m very much eligible to apply.

please guide me how shall i proceed further.
If you checked on CIC website and feeded right information and the site shows non-eligibility then dont proceed. Most of the consultants are not trust worthy and they do not want to loose any client. Try to poke them how I am eligible against website result?? If they go with good reason then You can proceed.

In my case I already missed my PR chance last time in 2013 because of consultant and this time I am planning to do my own.

All the best

justmommy

Oct 14, 2016
Stanlee said:
If you have acquired 1,560 hours of work experience in 14 months, it is fine, you don't have to necessarily wait for 24 months to achieve 1,560 hours when working part time.
Thanks

justmommy

Oct 14, 2016
rajkamalmohanram said:
Stanlee -

According to the below note, if the applicant worked only one part-time job, he should calculate it at only 15 hours/week and should have worked for 24 months. The additional hours cannot be add

However, if he has worked multiple part-time jobs, then he could have worked 30 (or more) hours a week and can claim 1560 hours in 12 months.
Thanks

FEVRIEN

Nov 3, 2016
Hey guys
I just wanted to know whether you get points if your common law partner and child are both Canadian

Bigbenbird

Star Member
Jan 26, 2014
Bigbenbird said:
I have a new question.....

I have my PR application in and is currently being processed. Recently got asked to pay the RPRF fees, which I promptly made.

Yesterday I got a letter in MYCIC account stating that my passport has less than 12 months validity. It doesn't really say much else, other than once I have renewed it I need to send them a scanned copy to avoid any delays. No time frame or dead line is given or indicated

Anyone else seen this issue? will it delay/halt my application?

Many thanks

BBB
I found the answer to this by calling CIC and there has to be a minimum of 6 months validity left before CIC will grant PR

BBB

Mestan

Nov 3, 2016
Hello, ı am new to the forum and ı have some questions if anyone is kind to reply. First of all ı am from Turkey and me and my wife are planning to apply for immigration to Canada via Express Entry but we had difficulties to find answers for some spesific questions.
1) Deciding on whom we will make the application. We are both eligibile in NOC list. I am A(translator-interpreter) she is B(chef-cook) but ı have long years of experience but lack a job offer. On the other hand she has less than 1 year experience but may have a job offer. Who should apply and other be dependant?
2) Does having a job offer negate the necesity of having at least 1 year of experience in her job to apply to Express Entry?
3) If we apply on my name, does her job offer affect the points she gains for me or may it be an advantage in being elected for invitation?
4) In my case ı have many years of experience but ı can only prove by confirmation letters from the companies because in my country my job unfortunately wasn't considered to be a legit job and companies aren't obliged to pay our insurance. We even didn't have a job definition by law and free of taxes. We paid our insurance payment ourselves legally but illegaly. There is only 1 year of paid insurance by a Tourism Agency and many years ı paid at my mothers tailor shop.
Will it be a problem?

kashjuni

Jul 28, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Raj/Istari,

So my WES review was positive and I got Master's equivalency. Below are the updated details

Degree 1: Bachelor's
Canadian Equivalency - Bachelor's (4 years)

Degree 2: Master's
Canadian Equivalency - Master's

ECA Summary - Master's

In the EE form please advise what should i fill in column given in blue

Bachelor education details:
Level of education - Bachelor's
Canada Equivalency - "Bachelor's" or "Master's"??

Master education details:
Level of education - "Master's"
Canadian Equivalency - "Master's"

Awaiting your expert comments. Thanks a lot guys.

jtoc

Star Member
Aug 19, 2016
kashjuni said:
Hi Raj/Istari,

So my WES review was positive and I got Master's equivalency. Below are the updated details

ECA Summary - Master's

Bachelor's, I guess. btw could you enter the pool in time for y/day's draw? if so, then would've made it no??

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
jtoc said:
Bachelor's, I guess. btw could you enter the pool in time for y/day's draw? if so, then would've made it no??
kashjuni said:
Hi Raj/Istari,

ECA Summary - Master's

"Bachelor's"

You can claim points for your Masters degree. Congrats!

You would be awarded points only for your Masters degree here.