+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry Step by step instructions.

Ajku

Feb 23, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
25-11-2016
Med's Done....
25-11-2016
Dear all,
Finally I got ITA
I have following queries please guide me!
1. My tourist visa for Australia was rejected. Should I declare yes in one of questions in statutory declaration as yes? If I declare no, what impact it can have and if I declare yes then?
Please guide
2. In my eca, my post grad certificate was not awarded with any degree .so, should I mention in education details or just write about in loe? Whereas it is being shown in my eca report

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ajku said:
Dear all,
Finally I got ITA
I have following queries please guide me!
1. My tourist visa for Australia was rejected. Should I declare yes in one of questions in statutory declaration as yes? If I declare no, what impact it can have and if I declare yes then?
Please guide
2. In my eca, my post grad certificate was not awarded with any degree .so, should I mention in education details or just write about in loe? Whereas it is being shown in my eca report
You have to declare "yes" and write a letter of explanation regarding this.

OKHA1

Jul 24, 2015
Hello,

Pls I need urgent help!!!

I started working with my new company on 22 November, 2014, which is suppose to complete 2years by 22, November, 2016. Unfortunately, when i created my express entry PROFILE today, it shows 473 points (which was the points i calculated for 2years when I used the CRS tool) instead of 260 points for one year.

Are you sure is not going to affect my current ITA since is before 22 of November, 2016?
What can I do?

Also, the EE profile only shows years and months!

Thank you all

Bigbenbird

Star Member
Jan 26, 2014
I have a new question.....

I have my PR application in and is currently being processed. Recently got asked to pay the RPRF fees, which I promptly made.

Yesterday I got a letter in MYCIC account stating that my passport has less than 12 months validity. It doesn't really say much else, other than once I have renewed it I need to send them a scanned copy to avoid any delays. No time frame or dead line is given or indicated

Anyone else seen this issue? will it delay/halt my application?

Many thanks

BBB

andrenogj

Nov 2, 2016
Hey guys, sorry if I'm on the wrong place, but I'm kinda new here so I don't know where else this question should go.
I'm about to graduate with a dual bachelors degree: One in electrical engineering and another in mathematics, and I'm already looking for my first job (In my home country, not canada). I could get a job as an electrical engineer, but I want to work as a software developer. As my degree program has only a couple programming classes on it, my question is: Would the fact that my degree is not directly related to the NOC 2174 be a liability in the future, when I would apply for EE? As in, could I get denied based on not having a computer science/ software engineering degree?

justmommy

Oct 14, 2016
Hi all
I need help with counting my part time work experience. I am a little confused. So I worked part time with more than 15 hours per week (20-25 hrs) and it took 14 months to get required 1,560 hours. Is that ok? Or because it is part time it has to be 24 months of work experience for express entry?

Thanks

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
justmommy said:
Hi all
I need help with counting my part time work experience. I am a little confused. So I worked part time with more than 15 hours per week (20-25 hrs) and it took 14 months to get required 1,560 hours. Is that ok? Or because it is part time it has to be 24 months of work experience for express entry?

Thanks
If you have acquired 1,560 hours of work experience in 14 months, it is fine, you don't have to necessarily wait for 24 months to achieve 1,560 hours when working part time.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
justmommy said:
Hi all

Thanks
Stanlee said:
If you have acquired 1,560 hours of work experience in 14 months, it is fine, you don't have to necessarily wait for 24 months to achieve 1,560 hours when working part time.
Stanlee -

According to the below note, if the applicant worked only one part-time job, he should calculate it at only 15 hours/week and should have worked for 24 months. The additional hours cannot be added up, IMO.

Full Time

30 hours/week for 12 months = 1 year full time (1,560 hours)
Part time

15 hours/week for 24 months = 1 year full time (1,560 hours)
Or
30 hours/week for 12 months at more than one job = 1 year full time (1,560 hours)

You must show that you did the duties set out in the lead statement of the occupational description in the NOC, including all the essential duties and most of the main duties listed.

If you do not show that your experience meets the description in the NOC, we will not accept your application.
Link --> http://www.cic.gc.ca/English/immigrate/skilled/apply-who.asp

However, if he has worked multiple part-time jobs, then he could have worked 30 (or more) hours a week and can claim 1560 hours in 12 months.

zaksam777

Apr 29, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi All,

I have a question. Can you please help?
My date of birth on passport is different from the dob on IELTS and Education Credential Assessment certificates. I recently corrected it on my passport. Will that be an issue?

Thank you.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
zaksam777 said:
Hi All,

I have a question. Can you please help?
My date of birth on passport is different from the dob on IELTS and Education Credential Assessment certificates. I recently corrected it on my passport. Will that be an issue?

Thank you.
DOB has to be in sync on all documents IMO. If you cannot get all your documents re-issued , I believe you can submit a notarized affidavit and a letter of explanation. The decision might depend on the VO processing your application!

zaksam777

Apr 29, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rajkamalmohanram said:
DOB has to be in sync on all documents IMO. If you cannot get all your documents re-issued , I believe you can submit a notarized affidavit and a letter of explanation. The decision might depend on the VO processing your application!
Thanks Raj

OKHA1

Jul 24, 2015
Can I do my medicals and get my experience letter and all the necessary documents before i receive my ITA?

istari

Champion Member
Jul 5, 2016
Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
OKHA1 said:
Can I do my medicals and get my experience letter and all the necessary documents before i receive my ITA?
Experience letters and documents, yes.

It's recommended that you leave your medicals until as late as possible, because you will be required to land in Canada within 1 year of when your medical was done.

POTPOT

Star Member
Apr 13, 2013
Manila, Philippines
Category........
WP
Visa Office......
Edmonton, AB
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
22-01-2021
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
29-11-2021
IELTS Request
Submitted with Application
Med's Request
01-03-2023
Med's Done....
20-03-2023
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
N/A
LANDED..........
N/A
I just started step 1 in EE which is IELTS and ECA. I am currently employed here in Qatar since Nov 2013 (3yrs exp) under NOC 2281. Now my problem is that, my employer doesn't issue salary certificate, experience letters or anything and they DO NOT verify employees for visa application purposes. Does anyone here have the same situation? Here are my questions:

1. What can I present to justify that I am an employee aside for the employment contract?
2. Will I get zero (0) points for experience under NOC 2281?

Thank you.

istari

Champion Member
Jul 5, 2016
Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
POTPOT said:
I just started step 1 in EE which is IELTS and ECA. I am currently employed here in Qatar since Nov 2013 (3yrs exp) under NOC 2281. Now my problem is that, my employer doesn't issue salary certificate, experience letters or anything and they DO NOT verify employees for visa application purposes. Does anyone here have the same situation? Here are my questions:

1. What can I present to justify that I am an employee aside for the employment contract?
2. Will I get zero (0) points for experience under NOC 2281?

Thank you.
1. You must provide proof of your job title, salary, period of employment, and duties and responsibilities. If you can't get a reference letter, you need to find some other way to prove all of these points.
2. If you can't provide proof, yes, you will get 0 points.