+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry Step by step instructions.

sharma1990

Apr 5, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Pippin said:
What are your actual dates of employment from start To finish? There is no way CIC will accept that you had paid vacation for two months. You have to count the number of Weeks in which you worked a minimum of 30 hours and that has to add up to 52 Weeks. Write a solid cover letter to explain the vacation pay and how many hours that was equivalent to, and provide the pay stubs for proof. I do not know whether or not they will accept that.
Good luck.
Actually,i am still working with that company from 2013 i never stooped working there ,as you know i am on LIMA so they promoted me as a supervisor last year on 3rd of july 2014 n still working as a supervisor there,and if i calculated my minimum hrs of week i usually work 45 to 50 hrs a week from beginning of my job i dont think so i worked less then 30 hrs a week ever......please help me understand this so i can fill my profile coming july as its gonna be 1 yr.. bieng a supervisor to me ..thanks alot

Pippin

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2010
sharma1990 said:
Actually,i am still working with that company from 2013 i never stooped working there ,as you know i am on LIMA so they promoted me as a supervisor last year on 3rd of july 2014 n still working as a supervisor there,and if i calculated my minimum hrs of week i usually work 45 to 50 hrs a week from beginning of my job i dont think so i worked less then 30 hrs a week ever......please help me understand this so i can fill my profile coming july as its gonna be 1 yr.. bieng a supervisor to me ..thanks alot
So did you take the two months off from Dec 2014-feb 2015? If so, I would not apply until you have the full 52 weeks for CEC. They will look at it as 10 months as a supervisor otherwise. When does your WP expire? I hope others will give you their opinions as well.

dejavus

Apr 22, 2015
Hi All,

I have a question about the work experience as shown in the Express entry eligibility too.
I have skills in NOC Level B User Support Technician with 6+ years plus experience.

But my question is, does the experience have to be in Canada or not because my experience is in the UK and I a keep thinking am not eligible.

thanks in advance.

Pippin

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2010
dejavus said:
Hi All,

I have a question about the work experience as shown in the Express entry eligibility too.
I have skills in NOC Level B User Support Technician with 6+ years plus experience.

But my question is, does the experience have to be in Canada or not because my experience is in the UK and I a keep thinking am not eligible.

thanks in advance.
As long as you have at least one full year of skilled work it doesn't have to be in Canada to qualify.

joulz139

May 30, 2015
Hi guys,

I'm in need of advice here and hope you can help.

I work as a consultant for healthcare and education, both at the same time because we are a consulting company. I couldn't find my job description closely match all of the Main Duties of any of the NOC. I find some NOC that have a few of my Main Duties, and a few not on my list. So my question is, do I need to have all the Main Duties matched? Or just one or two duties is alright?

Many thanks in advance!

DoubleS

Nov 5, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 5, 2014
Doc's Request.
CCC Jan 8, 2015
LANDED..........
Currently in Canada
joulz139 said:
Hi guys,

I'm in need of advice here and hope you can help.

I work as a consultant for healthcare and education, both at the same time because we are a consulting company. I couldn't find my job description closely match all of the Main Duties of any of the NOC. I find some NOC that have a few of my Main Duties, and a few not on my list. So my question is, do I need to have all the Main Duties matched? Or just one or two duties is alright?

Many thanks in advance!
This is what the CIC website gives as an answer to your question:
"You must show that you did the duties set out in the lead statement of the occupational description in the NOC, including all the essential duties and most of the main duties listed."
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/apply-who.asp

ankitbnl406

Jan 2, 2013
Hi All,

I wanted to know my points on competitive market table, can anybody send the link where I can check my points?

Will appreciate ur help.

Regards,
Ankit

snigdha1987

May 29, 2015
Hi,

I have done my MBA from Pune Univ and need to submit my documents for the ECA.
Can someone please help me as to how do I go about it ? Im really confused and am doing the process all alone with no help or references...

Also, My I plan on entering the pool by September 2015 post my IELTS exam ... Is this a good time to do so??

And, If lets say I get the PR visa and decide to only go post securing a job ... is that possible?

Please help!

Thank you

omeranjum

Apr 14, 2015
Hi DoubleS,

I was going through the forum and found you are very helpful to others , I really appreciate your efforts in this regard.

I am new here and really very confused , either to hire a consultant or do it myself. I can not afford consultant and this forum and people like you are the only way to process further. I discussed my situation with consultant and he said you are not eligible and I am very scared. :(

Please answer on my situation :

1- I am the main applicant.
2- 6.5+ years of experience in NOC 2281 (Computer networks technicians and similar)
But problem starts here : after completing my graduation (in simple arts) in 2008 I started regular job and in 2010 I started studying for masters in computer science and completed two years degree in 4 years (Started in 2010 and completed in 2014) (at the same time I was doing job and still doing the same job) How many years of experience this will count ?
Also doing a part time job in another company from January 2013 (16 hours per week) = part time experience is not added in 6.5+ years regular experience.
what will be the total experience ? and how I need to manage ?

My regular job is rotating (i.e shift duty) so I managed to work part time.

Sum up Regular Experience = 1.5 Years technical experience after arts graduation , 4 years technical experience with study , 1 year technical experience after completing my computer science degree.

Part time experience = 16 hours per week since January 2013.

3- IELTS Test scheduled = Expecting 7 each (In Sha ALLAH)
4- Education (3 years Bachelor ) As per WES report received
5- I have funds but not from last 6 months. Is this acceptable ?
6- Age 30
7- No work experience in CANDA
8- No canadian Degree or diploma
9- No relative in Canada
10- No Provincial NOMINATION
11- I am Married and in 3 months I'll have a baby (In Sha ALLAH)
12 - I am Microsoft , Cisco Certified.

My Wife Details :

1 = Masters in Computer science
2 = 4+ years of experience in Reputed Call Center (not related to Study), She was also studying with work.
3 = She is 26 years old

I know this is very complicated but I really need a PRO and Experienced Help here.

Thanks in advance. May ALLAH PAK BLESS YOU ALWAYS.

DoubleS

Nov 5, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 5, 2014
Doc's Request.
CCC Jan 8, 2015
LANDED..........
Currently in Canada
omeranjum said:
Hi DoubleS,

I was going through the forum and found you are very helpful to others , I really appreciate your efforts in this regard.

I am new here and really very confused , either to hire a consultant or do it myself. I can not afford consultant and this forum and people like you are the only way to process further. I discussed my situation with consultant and he said you are not eligible and I am very scared. :(

Please answer on my situation :

1- I am the main applicant.
2- 6.5+ years of experience in NOC 2281 (Computer networks technicians and similar)
But problem starts here : after completing my graduation (in simple arts) in 2008 I started regular job and in 2010 I started studying for masters in computer science and completed two years degree in 4 years (Started in 2010 and completed in 2014) (at the same time I was doing job and still doing the same job) How many years of experience this will count ?
Also doing a part time job in another company from January 2013 (16 hours per week) = part time experience is not added in 6.5+ years regular experience.
what will be the total experience ? and how I need to manage ?

My regular job is rotating (i.e shift duty) so I managed to work part time.

Sum up Regular Experience = 1.5 Years technical experience after arts graduation , 4 years technical experience with study , 1 year technical experience after completing my computer science degree.

Part time experience = 16 hours per week since January 2013.

3- IELTS Test scheduled = Expecting 7 each (In Sha ALLAH)
4- Education (3 years Bachelor ) As per WES report received
5- I have funds but not from last 6 months. Is this acceptable ?
6- Age 30
7- No work experience in CANDA
8- No canadian Degree or diploma
9- No relative in Canada
10- No Provincial NOMINATION
11- I am Married and in 3 months I'll have a baby (In Sha ALLAH)
12 - I am Microsoft , Cisco Certified.

My Wife Details :

1 = Masters in Computer science
2 = 4+ years of experience in Reputed Call Center (not related to Study), She was also studying with work.
3 = She is 26 years old

I know this is very complicated but I really need a PRO and Experienced Help here.

Thanks in advance. May ALLAH PAK BLESS YOU ALWAYS.
Hi Omeranjum,

Wowwwww!!! Where to start?

I have a few questions and clarification for you:
1. Did WES evaluate your Masters as well?
2. All your 6.5 years work experience is in NOC 2281?
3. Has your wife done WES ECA for her Masters Degree?
4. Did your wife ever work in Canada?
5. Has your wife done the IELTS or plans to do it?

When you answer these questions, we can try and see if you will be qualified. You can also use the forum's personal message to answer me.

omeranjum

Apr 14, 2015

Hi Omeranjum,

Wowwwww!!! Where to start?

I have a few questions and clarification for you:
1. Did WES evaluate your Masters as well?
Yes, They evaluated and sent the report having (three years bachelor)
2. All your 6.5 years work experience is in NOC 2281?
Yes.
3. Has your wife done WES ECA for her Masters Degree?
Not yet
4. Did your wife ever work in Canada?
No
5. Has your wife done the IELTS or plans to do it?
Yes, Personally I prefer her to go for IELTS rather then WEC ECA , What do you suggest ?

When you answer these questions, we can try and see if you will be qualified. You can also use the forum's personal message to answer me.
[tr][td]
[tr][td]

[tr][td]

Hi DoubleS,

Thanks for the quick reply. I have given the answers.

joulz139

May 30, 2015
DoubleS said:
This is what the CIC website gives as an answer to your question:
"You must show that you did the duties set out in the lead statement of the occupational description in the NOC, including all the essential duties and most of the main duties listed."
Many thanks DoubleS!

MarkSmith1989

May 25, 2015
Hi everyone,

I have gathered together all my certificates etc for applying for an ECA, and hopefuly will apply today.
I did an apprenticeship as an electrician, and the course got you an NVQ level 2 in your first year, and NVQ level 3 once you had finished. For the ECA, do I need to provide my highest level of education (NVQ3) or all post secondary education?

Cheers, Mark.