+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry Step by step instructions.

maria_786

Champion Member
Oct 3, 2013
Pippin said:
Yes. Paid vacation time Counts toward your full Year.
guys i have a full time permanent job offer but the job is under noc C my employer can apply for pnp n not lmia. can one apply under NOC C under PNP for EE ?

starfire1979

May 27, 2015
Hi
I don't know if you have already covered this but, my husband was transferred to Canada by the UK branch of his company and as such he does not require an LMIA.
He filled out his EE profile but it keeps saying that he is not employed and requesting that he set up a Job bank profile.
There is no part of the EE profile that we can explain this on and without an LMIA it refuses to accept his employment.
We have been here in Alberta Canada almost 3 years and have experience class for our profile.
Do you know how we can make the system acknowledge his LMIA Exempt status?
I called the helpline and the lady said "Well the system is new so I can't give you any advice!"

We have the English tests done, police checks done and funds in place but we can't seem to get past this hurdle.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

DoubleS

Nov 5, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 5, 2014
Doc's Request.
CCC Jan 8, 2015
LANDED..........
Currently in Canada
starfire1979 said:
Hi
I don't know if you have already covered this but, my husband was transferred to Canada by the UK branch of his company and as such he does not require an LMIA.
He filled out his EE profile but it keeps saying that he is not employed and requesting that he set up a Job bank profile.
There is no part of the EE profile that we can explain this on and without an LMIA it refuses to accept his employment.
We have been here in Alberta Canada almost 3 years and have experience class for our profile.
Do you know how we can make the system acknowledge his LMIA Exempt status?
I called the helpline and the lady said "Well the system is new so I can't give you any advice!"

We have the English tests done, police checks done and funds in place but we can't seem to get past this hurdle.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
Once he doesn't have an LMIA approved job, he is treated as is he does not have a job, therefore, he has to register with the job bank. This only affects his CRS score and not his eligibility.

starfire1979

May 27, 2015
I know we are still eligible but EE not recognizing his job hits our score hard and we are much less likely to be selected for an invitation with a lower score.
I don't understand why there isnt a section where you can say LMIA exempt or explain that you are a transfer.

Can we still apply under the old system or do we have to go through EE?

DoubleS

Nov 5, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 5, 2014
Doc's Request.
CCC Jan 8, 2015
LANDED..........
Currently in Canada
starfire1979 said:
I know we are still eligible but EE not recognizing his job hits our score hard and we are much less likely to be selected for an invitation with a lower score.
I don't understand why there isnt a section where you can say LMIA exempt or explain that you are a transfer.

Can we still apply under the old system or do we have to go through EE?
No, you are not able to apply under the old system.

When you say "EE not recognizing his job hits our score", are you referring to the 600 points?

starfire1979

May 27, 2015
Yes.

He is a professional technician with 20 years experience, 3 years of which are here in Canada and just because he is an Intra-Company transfer we lose out on the points.
Even if you only get 600 if you have LMIA, he should get something for being gainfully and permanently employed surely?
He has his job offer letter, and a letter of continued employment from his company but it counts for nothing points-wise with EE.

DoubleS

Nov 5, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 5, 2014
Doc's Request.
CCC Jan 8, 2015
LANDED..........
Currently in Canada
starfire1979 said:
Yes.

He is a professional technician with 20 years experience, 3 years of which are here in Canada and just because he is an Intra-Company transfer we lose out on the points.
Even if you only get 600 if you have LMIA, he should get something for being gainfully and permanently employed surely?
He has his job offer letter, and a letter of continued employment from his company but it counts for nothing points-wise with EE.
I hear your point of view, however, under the EE system, he has to have a LMIA or PNP nomination to get the extra 600 points. He will get points for his skilled Canadian experience. So he will have to wait until the required CRS score dips back below 600 to get an ITA.

Good luck!!!!!

starfire1979

May 27, 2015
We are asking his employer to get a PLMIA from the ESDC, which is free and apparently has a fairly fast turnaround.
Hopefully it will speed things up!

DoubleS

Nov 5, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 5, 2014
Doc's Request.
CCC Jan 8, 2015
LANDED..........
Currently in Canada
starfire1979 said:
We are asking his employer to get a PLMIA from the ESDC, which is free and apparently has a fairly fast turnaround.
I hope things will work out for both of you, and he gets his ITA soon. All the best!!!!

Pippin

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2010
starfire1979 said:
i didn't know about PLMIA and this was helpful. http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/called-cic-today-and-got-starnge-answer-t255720.30.html

Pippin

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2010
maria_786 said:
guys i have a full time permanent job offer but the job is under noc C my employer can apply for pnp n not lmia. can one apply under NOC C under PNP for EE ?
EE covers NOC skill levels OAB.

DoubleS

Nov 5, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 5, 2014
Doc's Request.
CCC Jan 8, 2015
LANDED..........
Currently in Canada
VipsB said:
does cic accept IELTS academic scores also?
"IELTS has two options for the reading and writing tests: “General Training” and “Academic.” You must take the “General Training” option."
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/language-testing.asp

vijaysg

May 8, 2015
Hi,

I have a question, I filled in my Express Entry Profile with my details and my wife's details. But I don't remember if there was any question about a CHILD. I have a 3 year old daughter.

Do i need to fill in details for her as well? If yes I can I include details now?

Thanks

ilesh

May 28, 2015
Hi

In Express Entry, WES (ECA) is required for both primary and secondary (Spouse) applicant or only for Primary applicant ?
Any benefits of having WES of spouse ?