+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry Step by step instructions.

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
got 72 pts in FSW. Here are my details:
IELTS: CLB8 and CLB7 for my husband
Education: WES assessed as 2yr post secondary diploma
Settlement funds:15,500 CAD for me and my husband
Relative: husband has sister in Ontario and 1st cousin in Manitoba
Experience: not sure but i put 5 yrs experience in my profile, pls check below info if it's wrong to put 5 yrs for NOC2171
Current company:
NOC 2171 - Jan 2017 to Present (5mo)
Previous company:
NOC 2171 - May 2014 to Jan 2017 (2yrs 8mo)
NOC 2282 - Feb 2012 to May 2014 (2yrs 3mo)
Based on this information, the come to Canada tool says you are eligible.

Regards

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
Thanks a lot for your prompt response. I checked my company's Alumni page, they do give out experience/service letter for Immigration purposes - Don't know if that would be of the format that CIC requires. But your inputs give me a starting point. Thx again!
Great, so contact them and ask them if the can include all the required info.

All the best.

nilsen21

May 31, 2017
Can anyone experienced tell me as what is the time frame between receiving the ITA and applying for PR with all the documents. Is it 60 days or 90 days? I am confused- bcoz I heard people saying 60 days but saw this text below from the CIC website.

"If you do not decline an invitation and you do not apply within 90 days, the invitation will expire. You will have to complete and submit a new Express Entry profile and be accepted to the pool again to be considered in future rounds of invitations."

Wandering Mind

Champion Member
Mar 20, 2017
Can anyone experienced tell me as what is the time frame between receiving the ITA and applying for PR with all the documents. Is it 60 days or 90 days? I am confused- bcoz I heard people saying 60 days but saw this text below from the CIC website.

"If you do not decline an invitation and you do not apply within 90 days, the invitation will expire. You will have to complete and submit a new Express Entry profile and be accepted to the pool again to be considered in future rounds of invitations."
It was 60 days earlier but it was changed to 90 days. Always read the IRCC website - it has more recently updated information.

Good luck.

saadahmedch

Sep 9, 2016
Hey guys, need a little help here. I loaned an amount of Rs. 920,000 to a friend last month from my account but after i received my ITA on 31st May, my friend returned me Rs. 900,000. Do i need to explain the transaction in the letter of explanation or should i just let it be? Your help will be highly appreciated.

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
Hey guys, need a little help here. I loaned an amount of Rs. 920,000 to a friend last month from my account but after i received my ITA on 31st May, my friend returned me Rs. 900,000. Do i need to explain the transaction in the letter of explanation or should i just let it be? Your help will be highly appreciated.
Well, it depends on how many canadian dollars that is. If it is a significant amount then you are better off mentioning it in you LOE.

All the best

mhaque3

Jun 15, 2017
Hello Friends:
I am considering to apply for immigration to Canada under FSW program. My experience (7 years) matches with NOC 0412. Employment requirement for this job is Bachelors in Economics or related filed. However, I do not have this degree. Rather I have undergraduate in Engineering (which is unrelated) and MASTERS in ECONOMICS (which is related).
Can anyone guide me by replying as to whether NOT HAVING BACHELOR'S IN ECONOMICS will make me inelligible and whether I can get points for education and experience with a master's degree instead of bachelors (where Bachelors degree in Economics is required).
Any experienced person please advice me, and please excuse me for this kind of stupid question.
Thanks for your time :)

Last edited:

Raman912

Mar 15, 2017
hi all i have a question. i know alot of guys who got PR through EE PNP stream and after landing they moved out of that province. is it wrong or right because someone told me cic can revoke pr status if they got to know that the person has moved.

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
Hello Friends:
I am considering to apply for immigration to Canada under FSW program. My experience (7 years) matches with NOC 0412. Employment requirement for this job is Bachelors in Economics or related filed. However, I do not have this degree. Rather I have undergraduate in Engineering (which is unrelated) and MASTERS in ECONOMICS (which is related).
Can anyone guide me by replying as to whether NOT HAVING BACHELOR'S IN ECONOMICS will make me inelligible and whether I can get points for education and experience with a master's degree instead of bachelors (where Bachelors degree in Economics is required).
Any experienced person please advice me, and please excuse me for this kind of stupid question.
Thanks for your time :)
Hi,

Its not a stupid question at all.

One does not need to meet the educational requirements of the NOC, so you could even have a degree in History.

"Note: The applicant does not need to demonstrate that they meet the “employment requirements” listed in the NOC occupational description."
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/perm/econ/fsw/minimum.asp

The most important thing when selecting an NOC is whether you have performed the duties in the lead statement and the majority of listed duties.

All the best

Reactions: mhaque3

GSMCAN

Jun 10, 2017
Dear Members, Please help me out here.

I want to keep my wife as primary applicant in the Express entry profile since her age is less and IELTS score is better, so over all CIC score will be better.

But the issue is that her last name was different before marriage and her educational docs are with the previous last name.
Although current passport has both new name and spouse name added.

First question : Should we get her WEC evaluation done with previous last name. What is the impact.

Second : We visited USA twice. Once when she was not married with old passport and got SSN number as well.
Second time when we were married and with new passport and last name changed. Both times duration was more than 6months.
Will there be an issue while getting the police verification done from FBI ?

Third: What precautions should be take before creating her profile and applying for PR.

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
Dear Members, Please help me out here.

I want to keep my wife as primary applicant in the Express entry profile since her age is less and IELTS score is better, so over all CIC score will be better.

But the issue is that her last name was different before marriage and her educational docs are with the previous last name.
Although current passport has both new name and spouse name added.

First question : Should we get her WEC evaluation done with previous last name. What is the impact.

Second : We visited USA twice. Once when she was not married with old passport and got SSN number as well.
Second time when we were married and with new passport and last name changed. Both times duration was more than 6months.
Will there be an issue while getting the police verification done from FBI ?

Third: What precautions should be take before creating her profile and applying for PR.
Hi,

Just get ECA done in her old name and then submit a marriage certificate and One and the same person affidavit (post-ITA). Here is a sample:

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/express-entry-in-a-nutshell.394158/page-155#post-5435174

Won't be an issue with PCC, people change names all the time so its not a unique case.

Regards

Reactions: mhaque3

chente

Mar 1, 2017
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Allright...
Thanks buddy !!
Hi @samchop86 , finally did you got the PCC from Portugal? I got mine (bilingual in portuguese/english) but there is a couple of words like my nationality country or the word "passaporte" that only came in Portuguese. Did you translated it? All the rest is in English too

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17

chente

Mar 1, 2017
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Quick question guys. It is ok if the bank letter/statements are 2-3 weeks old at the time of submission? Thanks!