+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry Step by step instructions.

prasquants

Jun 15, 2017
Hi Guys,

I am new to this forum, and i am glad to see so many professionals trying to help each other:

Now, i have done some due diligence myself about the points i could obtain for my profile under FSW (About 450 now), but i have one major concern in the process w.r.t documentation for my work experience letter-

--> Prior to my graduate studies, i worked at a global firm like Accenture as Software Engineering Analyst for over 2 years, and i do have the relieving letter, tax slips, pay stubs etc to prove it. However, the relieving letter that Accenture provides is not in the exact format that CIC expects - Job description etc, but only has my name, designation, start and end date in a official letter head. I understand that this is a typical problem that many qualified professionals are facing due to the specific nature of the work experience letter that CIC requires, but most global companies give the specific format that they use for employees globally.

I am sure this is a common issue, but i would like to know from people here, has anyone submitted a relieving letter like this and been able to convince the visa officer when the issue was raised or is there any work around for this? I can't wait to work elsewhere now for another 12 months just to meet the work-ex criteria and then try to get a letter that suits CIC's format (At which point, the whole system might have changed a lot anyway).

Your inputs would be profoundly helpful for me to plan ahead! Thanks a ton!!

Raymathews

May 17, 2017
I have a six moths old reference letter from my company without working hours and salary details, Is that ok? Whether my spouse also should get a reference letter?

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
Hi all,

I have a few questions regarding filling the application for express entry - you all's help is much appreciated

1) MBA - majors ( in the application) - my mba is in finance - which option to be selected - - --------------------- business,management,marketing and other supporting services OR
- others
2) designation as per my company is not the same as mentioned in the noc code - but jobs n duties match - will this be an issue?
3) designation to be mentioned in the profile should be as per my company only - right? As that is what would appear on the referral letter

Thanks and regards
Hi,

1) This is not really a big deal so you can select either business or management. It wont affect your application in any way.
2) No, this is not an issue. The title is of little or no importance is selecting an NOC as titles differ across companies and countries. What is import is that you have performed the action in the lead statement of the NOC and the majority of the listed duties. So if your duties match it, pick it!
3) Yes, it should.

All the best

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
I have a six moths old reference letter from my company without working hours and salary details, Is that ok? Whether my spouse also should get a reference letter?
No, its not ok. They need to know if it was paid and full-time, so get one that states all the required details.

All the best

prasquants

Jun 15, 2017
@TanakaM , Its over a year since i left my company now, and their relieving letter does not have the job description/duties (Software Analyst); They don't really cater to individual request of relieving letter in certain specific formats;I however can produce tax slips, pay stubs etc to prove other required details. Is there any work around for this? as this seems to be the major problem i am having with my application now...Thx!

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
Thanks Tanaka. I have other documents like my offer letter and salary slips, promotion letters etc. That i will upload, but reference letter especially from the current employer is a problem, last thing would want is to jeopardise the current job. Can you please suggest how the colleague affidavit works or I need to have it from my manager only.

Regards
V
To be honest I am not a fan of letters written by colleagues, its too risky (Just my take). I would advise that you do everything in you power to get a letter written by a superior.

All the best

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
@TanakaM , Its over a year since i left my company now, and their relieving letter does not have the job description/duties (Software Analyst); They don't really cater to individual request of relieving letter in certain specific formats;I however can produce tax slips, pay stubs etc to prove other required details. Is there any work around for this? as this seems to be the major problem i am having with my application now...Thx!
Hi,

Try ask them for the letter, you never know how they will respond. If they refuse, approach a former superior and ask them to write a notarised letter with the required information. This is a critical part of the application so do the best you can.

Regards

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
what if i submit payslip & offer letter instead?
All of those are supporting documents (plan B). You must first try to follow the instructions. Anything besides them leaves room for the Officer's discretion.

Regards

PMV

Star Member
Mar 21, 2016
Hi all,

I submitted my Express Entry PR application and received my AOR on 01 June 2017. I just checked the status online today and below is the screenshot. Can someone please tell me what stage my application really is at this time?

Thanks in advance!

prasquants

Jun 15, 2017
Hi,

Try ask them for the letter, you never know how they will respond. If they refuse, approach a former superior and ask them to write a notarised letter with the required information. This is a critical part of the application so do the best you can.

Regards
You mean a new relieving letter with Job duties and no.of.hours worked, full-time/Part-time etc? (the one they gave when i left the company has Name, Joining and end date etc on letter head). Alternately, is it the same letter with Job duties written in a notarized letter (You mean in a official letter head or a stamp paper?) by a senior colleague.. Thx a lot!!

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
You mean a new relieving letter with Job duties and no.of.hours worked, full-time/Part-time etc? (the one they gave when i left the company has Name, Joining and end date etc on letter head). Alternately, is it the same letter with Job duties written in a notarized letter (You mean in a official letter head or a stamp paper?) by a senior colleague.. Thx a lot!!
Not a new relieving letter but a reference letter with the required information.
If it can be on official letter head- great
If not, notarised plain paper.

regards

prasquants

Jun 15, 2017
Hi,

Regards
Thanks a lot for your prompt response. I checked my company's Alumni page, they do give out experience/service letter for Immigration purposes - Don't know if that would be of the format that CIC requires. But your inputs give me a starting point. Thx again!