+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry Step by step instructions.

mhaque3

Jun 15, 2017
Hi,

Its not a stupid question at all.

One does not need to meet the educational requirements of the NOC, so you could even have a degree in History.

"Note: The applicant does not need to demonstrate that they meet the “employment requirements” listed in the NOC occupational description."
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/perm/econ/fsw/minimum.asp

The most important thing when selecting an NOC is whether you have performed the duties in the lead statement and the majority of listed duties.

All the best
Hello:
Thanks for your respond and I really like it. Just out of curiosity, if the applicant does not need to demonstrate that they meet the “employment requirements” listed in the NOC occupational description then why is the employment requirement listed with NOC?
Thanks again for your time :)

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
Hello:
Thanks for your respond and I really like it. Just out of curiosity, if the applicant does not need to demonstrate that they meet the “employment requirements” listed in the NOC occupational description then why is the employment requirement listed with NOC?
Thanks again for your time :)
Good question. The NOCs were not created for immigration purposes. They have many other functions. So IRCC is just one of the many users of NOC codes, hence they only use sections relevant to them.

Hope that makes sense.

Regards

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
Quick question guys. It is ok if the bank letter/statements are 2-3 weeks old at the time of submission? Thanks!
Quick answer guys.lol

The more recent it is the better. However, 2-3 weeks is perfectly fine.

Regards

Reactions: chente

Midnight Blessing

Mar 16, 2017
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
SGVO
Passport Req..
27-01-2022
VISA ISSUED...
17-02-2022
Hi Friends,

I am so grateful to let you know that I got my ECA result today. They gave me 3 years Diploma equivalence against my Bachelors. Hope I can get 120 points from it.

And I have a bad news too, I just have received my IELTS results today. I have received Speaking-7, Reading-7, Listening-8.5, Writing-6.5 only :(

I would have got an ITA in the next draw if not for the Writing 0.5 points reduction :(.

Anyway, at this point, do you think I should apply for review of my IELTS- writing results ? or reappear for the IELTS ?

About writing, I have completed both of my tasks after meeting the total word limits.

You guys have supported me all the way around, and I hope your advice will support me here too. Thank you so much. GOD bless you all.....

Shivanker

Feb 19, 2017
Sri Lanka
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I have been in my home country from birth. Do I need a PCC covering the whole period from birth or just the period from the time I turned 18.

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
Hi Friends,

I am so grateful to let you know that I got my ECA result today. They gave me 3 years Diploma equivalence against my Bachelors. Hope I can get 120 points from it.

And I have a bad news too, I just have received my IELTS results today. I have received Speaking-7, Reading-7, Listening-8.5, Writing-6.5 only :(

I would have got an ITA in the next draw if not for the Writing 0.5 points reduction :(.

Anyway, at this point, do you think I should apply for review of my IELTS- writing results ? or reappear for the IELTS ?

About writing, I have completed both of my tasks after meeting the total word limits.

You guys have supported me all the way around, and I hope your advice will support me here too. Thank you so much. GOD bless you all.....
Hi,

Oh man, I'm sorry about your IELTS. I know how much it sucks. If you are confident in your work, you can go for the reassessment. Otherwise, study hard and retake the test.

Read the reply I sent to someone in the same shoes:
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/ray-of-hope-66th-draw.496529/page-185#post-6098679

Anyway,

Congrats on the ECA, you will definitely get 120 points for it if you are single, and 112 if you have an accompanying spouse.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/mi/express-entry.asp

Regards

Reactions: Midnight Blessing

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
I have been in my home country from birth. Do I need a PCC covering the whole period from birth or just the period from the time I turned 18.
If they have to put a time frame, it must cover your adult life. So yes, since the age of 18.

regards

Reactions: Shivanker

Midnight Blessing

Mar 16, 2017
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
SGVO
Passport Req..
27-01-2022
VISA ISSUED...
17-02-2022
Hi,

Oh man, I'm sorry about your IELTS. I know how much it sucks. If you are confident in your work, you can go for the reassessment. Otherwise, study hard and retake the test.

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/ray-of-hope-66th-draw.496529/page-185#post-6098679

Anyway,

Congrats on the ECA, you will definitely get 120 points for it if you are single, and 112 if you have an accompanying spouse.

Regards
Hi Tanaka,

Thank you so much for your reply, and nevertheless your inspiring words. I really hope that all turns up real quick from my side. MY CRS points are now standing at 387, so do you think the cut off points can come down to this level any time sooner ? I have to go through a lot if I have to retake my IELTS, and this is due to my tight schedules. And about the provincial nominee program, is it also logical for me to wait for this ?

& Thank you so much for all your replies, this is something that inspires us, the newcomers to keep fighting even if the situation seems quite distressful.

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
Hi Tanaka,

Thank you so much for your reply, and nevertheless your inspiring words. I really hope that all turns up real quick from my side. MY CRS points are now standing at 387, so do you think the cut off points can come down to this level any time sooner ? I have to go through a lot if I have to retake my IELTS, and this is due to my tight schedules. And about the provincial nominee program, is it also logical for me to wait for this ?

& Thank you so much for all your replies, this is something that inspires us, the newcomers to keep fighting even if the situation seems quite distressful.
Its my pleasure hey.

I honestly do not see score going down that low. Well, at least in the near future. The IELTS test is literally your ticket in, so you can not give up. I did it on my 3rd attempt, so you can too.

Regards

mrzbd

Star Member
Nov 11, 2014
Hi,

1)You should submit your Degree certificates, transcripts are not required. The ECA report is also not required as the use the reference number to verify. However, it is good practice to submit the following under the educational tab:
Degree Certificates
ECA report
IELTS certificate

2) Do the same for your wife.

3) This request is for those who have distance learning degrees. They are required to write (by correspondence) next to the name of the institution so that the officer knows they were not there physically. If you dont do this you may be rejected for not having PCC from that country.

4)Educational Background Information tab of GCMS just refers to the education section of your eAPR.

All the best
Dear Tanaka

Thanks a lot bro for ur reply..Regarding digital Photo-Apart from the specs of digital photograph, IRCC also want the applicant to add information like name and DOB of the person as well as the name and address of photo-studio where the picture was taken on the back of the photograph. My question is, how can we upload this information in a digital photograph? print the photo, add information on the back, scan and upload? Looks like a silly question to me :(..just want to be sure of every little bits.. :)

Lots of kudos

mrzbd

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
Dear Tanaka

Thanks a lot bro for ur reply..Regarding digital Photo-Apart from the specs of digital photograph, IRCC also want the applicant to add information like name and DOB of the person as well as the name and address of photo-studio where the picture was taken on the back of the photograph. My question is, how can we upload this information in a digital photograph? print the photo, add information on the back, scan and upload? Looks like a silly question to me :(..just want to be sure of every little bits.. :)

Lots of kudos

mrzbd
Hi,

There are two requests for photos:

1) This is the one you upload in your eAPR. This is just a photo with nothing written on it. Here are the instructions:

Frame size

• The final frame size of the photo must be at least 35mm x 45mm.
  • The photographs must show a full front view of the head and tops of shoulders, with the face in the middle of the photograph.
  • The size of the head, from chin to crown, must be between 31mm and 36mm.
  • Digital dimensions are often expressed in pixels or DPI (dots per inch). The physical dimensions in pixels must be at least 420 x 540.
Quality/resolution

If an existing photo is being scanned, the minimum resolution must be 600 pixels per inch.

File format

• The file may be submitted in JPEG or JPEG2000 format.
  • The final size of the image should ideally be 240 kB (kilobytes), but not less than 60 kB.
  • The image must be in colour (24 bits per pixel) in RGB colour space, which is the common output for most digital cameras.

2) The second request comes with the PPR. This is the one with the instructions you were referring to.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/pdf/5445EB-e.pdf

Hope that makes it clear.

Regards

Reactions: mrzbd

rkhan15

Star Member
Jul 19, 2016
Hi All,

I received an email from CIC about 45 minutes ago stating the below:

UN MESSAGE EN FRANÇAIS SUIVRA.

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

If you already received an Invitation to Apply (ITA), it is not possible to modify your online profile information.

Any additional information can be included in a letter and uploaded in the Letter of Explanation section of your online application’s document checklist.

Please consult your ITA in order to obtain further details.

Please do not reply to this email.

Sincerely,

Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada
www.cic.gc.ca

However, I did not try to modify my online profile post ITA and did not contact them with such a request. I did notify them of a technical issue with cic web site which is that on the day I was trying to submit my application it won't let me upload a small pdf file and repeatedly kicked me out of the web site. I don't think they can be confusing that with I trying to update my profile --- right?

Has anyone else seen such an email from them. Should I be concerned?

Thanks as usual to everyone!!

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
Hi All,

I received an email from CIC about 45 minutes ago stating the below:

UN MESSAGE EN FRANÇAIS SUIVRA.

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

If you already received an Invitation to Apply (ITA), it is not possible to modify your online profile information.

Any additional information can be included in a letter and uploaded in the Letter of Explanation section of your online application’s document checklist.

Please consult your ITA in order to obtain further details.

Please do not reply to this email.

Sincerely,

Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada
www.cic.gc.ca

However, I did not try to modify my online profile post ITA and did not contact them with such a request. I did notify them of a technical issue with cic web site which is that on the day I was trying to submit my application it won't let me upload a small pdf file and repeatedly kicked me out of the web site. I don't think they can be confusing that with I trying to update my profile --- right?

Has anyone else seen such an email from them. Should I be concerned?

Thanks as usual to everyone!!
I wouldnt be concerned. I think its a mistake.

Midnight Blessing

Mar 16, 2017
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
SGVO
Passport Req..
27-01-2022
VISA ISSUED...
17-02-2022
Hi,

Anyway,

Regards
Hi Tanaka,

Yes it is indeed so encouraging to get to know, how so many hard working people are putting up their best efforts to attain their desired results even after successive fall down. And really, thanks for being an inspirations to so many of us.

About IELTS writing, can you give me some specific advice's or resources too, for instance which will enable me to prepare myself within the next 2 weeks for Writing. I am considering investing at least 4-5 hours of hard work for IELTS writing alone. But there are so many resources out here in the forums, so it is quite easy to lose track. If you can share some of your noble thoughts, I am sure just as usual it will be very helpful.

Thanks

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
Hi Tanaka,

Yes it is indeed so encouraging to get to know, how so many hard working people are putting up their best efforts to attain their desired results even after successive fall down. And really, thanks for being an inspirations to so many of us.

About IELTS writing, can you give me some specific advice's or resources too, for instance which will enable me to prepare myself within the next 2 weeks for Writing. I am considering investing at least 4-5 hours of hard work for IELTS writing alone. But there are so many resources out here in the forums, so it is quite easy to lose track. If you can share some of your noble thoughts, I am sure just as usual it will be very helpful.

Thanks
Two weeks is too short a time for you to make any significant improvements. You need at least a month of practice. Rushing wont help you at all.

I highly recommend 2 sites ieltsliz.com and engvid.com. These are definitely two of the best. If you follow all their tutorials and tips you cant go wrong.

Drop me your email add, ill send you a good book.

Regards