+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry Step by step instructions.

nv0411

Dec 15, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05 Dec 2016
Doc's Request.
None
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
05 Dec 2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
10 Mar 2017
VISA ISSUED...
24 Mar 2017
DiNaV said:
In my opinion, wouldn't that be like cheating? He/She obtaining ITA based on their individual score and then when they have got the ITA they are claiming that spouse is accompanying. Will CIC accept that? What will you explain in that letter ...that you were trying to get ITA with individual scores so didnt include spouse then and now you have got ITA so you are including?!

I think CIC will recalculate the score based on his/her spouse and if that falls below your ITA cut off they will not consider.
You can claim that your spouse is accompanying only if they have a valid ECA and good IELTS score (or canadian work exp).. Because if your spouse doesn't have all this then score will drop.. And if it drops below the ITA cut off it gets rejected...

So no.. It isnt cheating..

ayamach

Star Member
Apr 11, 2015
Hello,

I just got my PPR, and I have a question:

For those who already checked/confirm their COPR by an immigration agent, and who were under the CEC program, did the immigration agent ask anything about the proof of fund?

(I didnt have to show any proof through EE, but just a little paranoid, being so close to the finish line Smiley)

Thank you!

reshad

Mar 19, 2017
Few questions on bring a spouse(dependent) to Canada -
1. After a person get's the PR card and now he wants to bring his spouse(dependent) to Canada, what will be the process for this?
2. What are the documents he will need to show/submit?
3. How long this process usually takes?
4. Does the spouse need to have ECA certificate, IELTS and other documents?
5. Does the PR card holder need to have a permanent job in Canada first in order to apply for his spouse's PR?
6. Will the spouse get a PR card later? If yes how long will it might take and what are the requirements?

Marriala10

May 22, 2016
I have one year foreign experience between 2010 and 2011 as a design engineer (which doesn't fit into any job title that the CIC has determined itself, but the closest job title I would say would be metallurgical engineer, which is NOC A) and have done an MBA from Canada. My IELTS result is really good, and I should fit under the FSW.

My CRS points are 486 and the FSW points are higher than the 67 requirement, but when I went on the CIC website (through GC key) and submitted my express entry application I immediately received an update saying I was ineligible. I'm not sure if I messed up somewhere or I'm missing some critical requirement. Any advice? Thanks.

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Marriala10 said:
I have one year foreign experience between 2010 and 2011 as a design engineer (which doesn't fit into any job title that the CIC has determined itself, but the closest job title I would say would be metallurgical engineer, which is NOC A) and have done an MBA from Canada. My IELTS result is really good, and I should fit under the FSW.

My CRS points are 486 and the FSW points are higher than the 67 requirement, but when I went on the CIC website (through GC key) and submitted my express entry application I immediately received an update saying I was ineligible. I'm not sure if I messed up somewhere or I'm missing some critical requirement. Any advice? Thanks.
Make sure you meet the minimum required funds.

Make sure you have at least one year of continuous work experience.

Marriala10

May 22, 2016
DelPiero07 said:
Make sure you meet the minimum required funds.

Make sure you have at least one year of continuous work experience.
Thanks for the response. I have the minimum funds required and the work experience is continuous. It's actually over a year and a half of continuous work experience. I'm currently living in Canada, but I don't have 1 year of local experience in one of the required NOC categories. I should still meet the criteria for the FSW right?

This is so frustrating. I'm very meticulous when it comes to filling forms, so I'm pretty sure I didn't make any mistake.

Marriala10

May 22, 2016
Marriala10 said:
Thanks for the response. I have the minimum funds required and the work experience is continuous. It's actually over a year and a half of continuous work experience. I'm currently living in Canada, but I don't have 1 year of local experience in one of the required NOC categories. I should still meet the criteria for the FSW right?

This is so frustrating. I'm very meticulous when it comes to filling forms, so I'm pretty sure I didn't make any mistake.
Just to break it down

According to my FSW calculation I should meet the 67 points. 24 (language/ IELTS=9 --> L=9, S=9, R=9, W=8.5) + 23 (education/MBA from Canada) + 9 (experience) + 12 (age) + 0 (arranged employment in canada) + 0 (adaptability) = 68

I'm not sure if there's some other mistake I'm making. I've done an MBA from Windsor and even though the program was less than 2 years, it's still a legitimate master's degree. I gave my IELTS in May 2016, I have the required funds. Thanks.

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
ayamach said:
Hello,

I just got my PPR, and I have a question:

For those who already checked/confirm their COPR by an immigration agent, and who were under the CEC program, did the immigration agent ask anything about the proof of fund?

(I didnt have to show any proof through EE, but just a little paranoid, being so close to the finish line Smiley)

Thank you!
You are certainly paranoid. CEC program requirements exempt any POFs. So you don't need any.

Still upon landing CBSA would fill a field for funds available for stay. You can write whatever money you have at that time. They are NOT CHECKING, probably filling a field that exists generically for all immigrants.

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
In line.

reshad said:
Few questions on bring a spouse(dependent) to Canada -
1. After a person get's the PR card and now he wants to bring his spouse(dependent) to Canada, what will be the process for this?
Assuming the spouse was not part of application (i.e. got married after getting PR or declared as non accompanying in the application, you have to apply for spousal sponsorship thats a two stage process. First is the approval of sponsor i.e. you and second is the spouse's application processed at local visa office. For some countries it could take between 1 to 2 years to get that completed although lately CIC has committed to improve processing times.

Start here
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/sponsor/spouse.asp

This should address your other questions 2, 3 as well

2. What are the documents he will need to show/submit?
3. How long this process usually takes?
4. Does the spouse need to have ECA certificate, IELTS and other documents?
No
5. Does the PR card holder need to have a permanent job in Canada first in order to apply for his spouse's PR?
No
6. Will the spouse get a PR card later? If yes how long will it might take and what are the requirements?
He/She would land the same way as a principal applicant does and receive PR card 2 months or so latter in mail. There is no separate application since its part of landing process.

ayamach

Star Member
Apr 11, 2015
fkl said:
You are certainly paranoid. CEC program requirements exempt any POFs. So you don't need any.

Still upon landing CBSA would fill a field for funds available for stay. You can write whatever money you have at that time. They are NOT CHECKING, probably filling a field that exists generically for all immigrants.
Thank you!

Nick89

Jan 25, 2017
Hi All,

Do I need to fill the work history section starting with the most recent work experience first. I am currently in the pre-ITA stage and I would like to know how the work history section is carried over to the EE profile after getting ITA.

If i filled my EE profile (pre-ITA) with my first work experience first instead of most recent experience first, in what order it will appear in the EE profile-after getting ITA.

akashkoul

Mar 23, 2017
pl help to find my NOC code :eek:

I am a Telecommunication sales and marketing professional with 10+ years of experience. Main KRA’s of my job include

1. To make Telecom Products basis competition analytics
2. To generate revenues from current customers of telecom company by upselling , cross selling best offers for them
3. Data analytics and insight generation
4. Managing the entire Department of marketing
5. Managing customer churn and retention
6. Managing telecom apps, big data analytics and insight generation

kryt0n

VIP Member
Sep 30, 2014
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-03-2017
Passport Req..
11-07-2017
Nick89 said:
Hi All,

Do I need to fill the work history section starting with the most recent work experience first. I am currently in the pre-ITA stage and I would like to know how the work history section is carried over to the EE profile after getting ITA.

If i filled my EE profile (pre-ITA) with my first work experience first instead of most recent experience first, in what order it will appear in the EE profile-after getting ITA.
CIC seemed to organise work history as oldest to newest.

Personal history post-ITA is newest to oldest.

kryt0n

VIP Member
Sep 30, 2014
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-03-2017
Passport Req..
11-07-2017
akashkoul said:
pl help to find my NOC code :eek:

I am a Telecommunication sales and marketing professional with 10+ years of experience. Main KRA’s of my job include

1. To make Telecom Products basis competition analytics
2. To generate revenues from current customers of telecom company by upselling , cross selling best offers for them
3. Data analytics and insight generation
4. Managing the entire Department of marketing
5. Managing customer churn and retention
6. Managing telecom apps, big data analytics and insight generation
You made need to search for data analytics noc rather than direct telecom stuff.

Remember, job titles don't mean anything. Just search for a noc with the best fitting duties.