+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry Step by step instructions.

TorontoPunjabi

May 20, 2016
Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
01-04-2017
Doc's Request.
Upfront
AOR Received.
01-04-2017
IELTS Request
8 Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
27-02-2017
Passport Req..
19-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
14-07-2017
LANDED..........
20-07-2017
Hi Seniors, I am expecting to submit my application by the end of this week. I have a concern if anyone can help me.

1. Under personal history, I have my Canadian post secondary education mentioned already. Should I add the coop i did during that course?. If I add, should I include it as an education or employment?. (If I put it in an education I need to provide the degree or diploma i have earned or institution number and all).
2. I have been living in Canada from past 4 years, do I need to get Canadian PCC? Anyone had any experience by not providing that?.
3. In my personal history, all the part time jobs I am mentioning, should I include the T4s or pay-stubs for those jobs in documents anywhere?.

Thanks a lot.

link2gurdeep

Star Member
Mar 4, 2017
nv0411 said:
It is best to combine them to one NOC code which matches most closely to your job description and ensure that the reference letter from your employer covers the roles and responsibilities as per the NOC... It will be a headache to get two separate reference letters..
Thanks!! :)

link2gurdeep

Star Member
Mar 4, 2017
Hello,

My application status says "We received your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you."

Job bank registration has been accepted.

Does this mean it is open/active and will be considered for next draw.

Thanks!!

nv0411

Dec 15, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05 Dec 2016
Doc's Request.
None
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
05 Dec 2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
10 Mar 2017
VISA ISSUED...
24 Mar 2017
link2gurdeep said:
Hello,

My application status says "We received your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you."

Job bank registration has been accepted.

Does this mean it is open/active and will be considered for next draw.

Thanks!!
Yes...

nv0411

Dec 15, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05 Dec 2016
Doc's Request.
None
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
05 Dec 2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
10 Mar 2017
VISA ISSUED...
24 Mar 2017
TorontoPunjabi said:
Hi Seniors, I am expecting to submit my application by the end of this week. I have a concern if anyone can help me.

1. Under personal history, I have my Canadian post secondary education mentioned already. Should I add the coop i did during that course?. If I add, should I include it as an education or employment?. (If I put it in an education I need to provide the degree or diploma i have earned or institution number and all).
2. I have been living in Canada from past 4 years, do I need to get Canadian PCC? Anyone had any experience by not providing that?.
3. In my personal history, all the part time jobs I am mentioning, should I include the T4s or pay-stubs for those jobs in documents anywhere?.

Thanks a lot.
1. Your post secondary education should go under educational section and not personal history. Your coop can go under personal history. Make sure you submit some sort of coop completion certificate or something as supporting documentation.
2. PCC from Canada is not required AFAIK. Anyone else can weigh in if Im wrong.. Visit this link for more info
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/north-america/canada.asp
3. Not required. Just add the experience letters to prove that you did indeed work there...

nv0411

Dec 15, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05 Dec 2016
Doc's Request.
None
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
05 Dec 2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
10 Mar 2017
VISA ISSUED...
24 Mar 2017
Sammy_kulkarni@yahoo.com said:
Hi,

I want to add my spouse details in express entry, i m the primary applicant, so if i say that we have not yet done his WES registration and show no Work experience for him, will this impact on my scores.

Please help as that is the only part which m unsure about.

Thanks,
Sampada
Add him but indicate that he is not accompanying you. And get his ECA and IELTS done ASAP. Then when you are submitting the e-AOR, indicate that he is accompanying you.. Include a small letter of explanation...

DiNaV

Feb 25, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-May-2016
AOR Received.
22-Apr-2017
IELTS Request
30-Apr-2016
Med's Done....
06-Mar-2017(Pre-meds)
nv0411 said:
Add him but indicate that he is not accompanying you. And get his ECA and IELTS done ASAP. Then when you are submitting the e-AOR, indicate that he is accompanying you.. Include a small letter of explanation...
In my opinion, wouldn't that be like cheating? He/She obtaining ITA based on their individual score and then when they have got the ITA they are claiming that spouse is accompanying. Will CIC accept that? What will you explain in that letter ...that you were trying to get ITA with individual scores so didnt include spouse then and now you have got ITA so you are including?!

I think CIC will recalculate the score based on his/her spouse and if that falls below your ITA cut off they will not consider.

DiNaV

Feb 25, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-May-2016
AOR Received.
22-Apr-2017
IELTS Request
30-Apr-2016
Med's Done....
06-Mar-2017(Pre-meds)
Sammy_kulkarni@yahoo.com said:
Hi,

I want to add my spouse details in express entry, i m the primary applicant, so if i say that we have not yet done his WES registration and show no Work experience for him, will this impact on my scores.

Please help as that is the only part which m unsure about.

Thanks,
Sampada
IMO, you should show your spouse accompanying you in your EE profile. yes, your scores will be impacted by it(but atleast you are honest with your declaration). Once their WES and IELTS is done you can update your profile.

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
DiNaV said:
IMO, you should show your spouse accompanying you in your EE profile. yes, your scores will be impacted by it(but atleast you are honest with your declaration). Once their WES and IELTS is done you can update your profile.
I second that.

Feb 21, 2016
DiNaV said:
Thank you for your reply, how do i update once the EE is submitted and do you know what is the minimum CSR score required as one of my friend has got 380. will she get an invite.

nv0411

Dec 15, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05 Dec 2016
Doc's Request.
None
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
05 Dec 2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
10 Mar 2017
VISA ISSUED...
24 Mar 2017
DiNaV said:
In my opinion, wouldn't that be like cheating? He/She obtaining ITA based on their individual score and then when they have got the ITA they are claiming that spouse is accompanying. Will CIC accept that? What will you explain in that letter ...that you were trying to get ITA with individual scores so didnt include spouse then and now you have got ITA so you are including?!

I think CIC will recalculate the score based on his/her spouse and if that falls below your ITA cut off they will not consider.
You can claim that your spouse is accompanying only if they have a valid ECA and good IELTS score (or canadian work exp).. Because if your spouse doesn't have all this then score will drop.. And if it drops below the ITA cut off it gets rejected...

So no.. It isnt cheating..

ayamach

Star Member
Apr 11, 2015
Hello,

I just got my PPR, and I have a question:

For those who already checked/confirm their COPR by an immigration agent, and who were under the CEC program, did the immigration agent ask anything about the proof of fund?

(I didnt have to show any proof through EE, but just a little paranoid, being so close to the finish line Smiley)

Thank you!

reshad

Mar 19, 2017
Few questions on bring a spouse(dependent) to Canada -
1. After a person get's the PR card and now he wants to bring his spouse(dependent) to Canada, what will be the process for this?
2. What are the documents he will need to show/submit?
3. How long this process usually takes?
4. Does the spouse need to have ECA certificate, IELTS and other documents?
5. Does the PR card holder need to have a permanent job in Canada first in order to apply for his spouse's PR?
6. Will the spouse get a PR card later? If yes how long will it might take and what are the requirements?

Marriala10

May 22, 2016
I have one year foreign experience between 2010 and 2011 as a design engineer (which doesn't fit into any job title that the CIC has determined itself, but the closest job title I would say would be metallurgical engineer, which is NOC A) and have done an MBA from Canada. My IELTS result is really good, and I should fit under the FSW.

My CRS points are 486 and the FSW points are higher than the 67 requirement, but when I went on the CIC website (through GC key) and submitted my express entry application I immediately received an update saying I was ineligible. I'm not sure if I messed up somewhere or I'm missing some critical requirement. Any advice? Thanks.

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Marriala10 said:
I have one year foreign experience between 2010 and 2011 as a design engineer (which doesn't fit into any job title that the CIC has determined itself, but the closest job title I would say would be metallurgical engineer, which is NOC A) and have done an MBA from Canada. My IELTS result is really good, and I should fit under the FSW.

My CRS points are 486 and the FSW points are higher than the 67 requirement, but when I went on the CIC website (through GC key) and submitted my express entry application I immediately received an update saying I was ineligible. I'm not sure if I messed up somewhere or I'm missing some critical requirement. Any advice? Thanks.
Make sure you meet the minimum required funds.

Make sure you have at least one year of continuous work experience.