+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry Step by step instructions.

istari

Champion Member
Jul 5, 2016
Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
MChahal said:
Hi Experts,

I have one query regarding relatives in Canada.
Is it must to specify close relatives (aunt/uncle) under express entry?
What are the pros and cons of specifying relatives?

Thanks.
It is not necessary, unless you are claiming points for them.

If you are applying under FSW, and you are claiming points on the FSW eligibility grid (the 67 points) for your Canadian relatives, you must mention your relatives in your EE profile.

If you mention your relatives in your EE profile, you will be required to show proof of your relationship, and proof that your relative is a Canadian citizen or PR.

But mentioning relatives will not earn you CRS points. So if you don't need the added points for FSW, don't mention your relatives.

Dedicated

Aug 11, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Stanlee, istari, rajkamalmohanram, thanks for your patience and invaluable help that you provide in this thread.
I have one question regarding work experience. I would be very grateful if you could clarify it.
I chose NOC 2131 Civil engineers because I currently work as a Project Engineer in Construction (the position is listed among the Illustrative example(s) on that page: project engineer, construction). The Employment requirements part says A bachelor's degree in civil engineering or in a related engineering discipline is required.
However, my Bachelor's degree is in Petroleum Engineering and Master's in Geology. Do you think this discrepancy (the fact I do not have any degree in Civil Engineering) may be a problem in future? And how far, in your opinion, a related engineering discipline may stretch according to CIC? It is quite subjective in my opinion.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Dedicated said:
Stanlee, istari, rajkamalmohanram, thanks for your patience and invaluable help that you provide in this thread.
I have one question regarding work experience. I would be very grateful if you could clarify it.
I chose NOC 2131 Civil engineers because I currently work as a Project Engineer in Construction (the position is listed among the Illustrative example(s) on that page: project engineer, construction). The Employment requirements part says A bachelor's degree in civil engineering or in a related engineering discipline is required.
However, my Bachelor's degree is in Petroleum Engineering and Master's in Geology. Do you think this discrepancy (the fact I do not have any degree in Civil Engineering) may be a problem in future? And how far, in your opinion, a related engineering discipline may stretch according to CIC? It is quite subjective in my opinion.
Not an issue as long as you are working outside of Canada. Your field of study does not necessarily have to match your field of work from what I know.

MChahal

Star Member
Aug 2, 2016
Thanks a lot!!
istari said:
It is not necessary, unless you are claiming points for them.

If you are applying under FSW, and you are claiming points on the FSW eligibility grid (the 67 points) for your Canadian relatives, you must mention your relatives in your EE profile.

If you mention your relatives in your EE profile, you will be required to show proof of your relationship, and proof that your relative is a Canadian citizen or PR.

But mentioning relatives will not earn you CRS points. So if you don't need the added points for FSW, don't mention your relatives.

Dedicated

Aug 11, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rajkamalmohanram said:
Not an issue as long as you are working outside of Canada. Your field of study does not necessarily have to match your field of work from what I know.
Thanks for reassuring, Raj!

kamy

Feb 1, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You must submit the following documents as file attachments to support your client's Online Application. Click on the option required and then follow the directions.
I get this message along with checklist of documents in online PR application, checklist doesn't have any form to submitted. This message on top of checklist has is talking about the version of forms. Would I see list of forms which I need to submit on next page? Am I missing something here? I can't go to next page unless I upload all docs which I'm collecting these days.

You can consult the Frequently Asked Questions at any time during this process by clicking on the Help button in the upper-right-hand corner of the page.

Are you having difficulty downloading a form?

Versions of application forms for study permits and work permits dated November 2013 (11-2013), or later, and applications for temporary resident visas dated March 2014 (03-2014), or later, can only be uploaded to the IRCC Portal.

Note: You must verify that the documents are complete. Click on the help text beside each document to see what information must be included in the documents. If the required information is not included in each document, your client's application may be refused.

Supporting Documents"

This link http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/additional.asp was provided at the top of upload documents page.

Not sure what below text means under this link, do have to do this download and scanning for online application as well?

Prepare to submit the form.

"
For online applications:

Do not print your application form, and do not use the “signature panel” button at the top of the application. Save the form and then upload it to your MyCIC account. After you upload all required forms, a “Next” button will appear below your uploaded documents. After you click the “Next” button, you will be prompted to enter your name and answer a security question (these two steps are your electronic signature). For more information on electronic signatures, see the Help Centre question: How do I sign my online visa application?"

DW

Star Member
Feb 18, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Passport Req..
24-08-2016
istari said:
Your mother is not a dependant; the rule Raj is referring to does not apply to your situation.
Thanks Istari!!

meteora

Aug 15, 2016
Hi Folks i have a question regarding ECA and ACCA assessment. I have got my Masters evaluated by WES but i need to claim some time under NOC 1111. i am an ACCA member as well. so technically, if i want to claim work experience i need to show i studied ACCA and for that i have to get my ACCA evaluated right?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

SSingh2

Sep 15, 2016
Dear All,

Got my AOR in July. But my EE profile has expired and I had to create a new profile. In my previous EE, my wife was not a co applicant but could have moved with me to Canada. Now in the new EE, if my wife is to join me in Canada, she has to be assessed also. This has lead to my CRS score dropping from 405 to 387. Please urgently advise what can be done?

Thanks

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
SSingh2 said:
Dear All,

Got my AOR in July. But my EE profile has expired and I had to create a new profile. In my previous EE, my wife was not a co applicant but could have moved with me to Canada. Now in the new EE, if my wife is to join me in Canada, she has to be assessed also. This has lead to my CRS score dropping from 405 to 387. Please urgently advise what can be done?

Thanks
Replied to your same post on the other thread.

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
vaibhav007us said:
Hi, do we only get points for real uncle/ aunts or can we get for cousins also?
The definition of relatives in Canada is given below

You, or, if it applies, your spouse or common-law partner, have a relative, either a
- parent,
- grandparent,
- child,
- grandchild,
- child of a parent (sibling),
- child of a grandparent (aunt or uncle), or
- grandchild of a parent (niece or nephew), who is
* living in Canada
* 18 years or older and
* a Canadian citizen or permanent resident.

kamy

Feb 1, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
SSingh2 said:
Dear All,

Thanks
As per their website you have to remain 400 or 400+ throughout process, so you may not want to waste your money and time if it's going to drop later.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
SSingh2 said:
Dear All,

Thanks
See if you can claim points for her IELTS and her education. If you do not already have a CLB-9 in IELTS, see if you can improve your score on that front.