+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry Step by step instructions.

jtoc

Star Member
Aug 19, 2016
istari said:
Your degree can be copied in b&w, as long as it's legible.

It's not up to you to create a copy of your marksheet. Whatever your university gives you is fine.
Thanks Istari, you're always helpful!

Actually, the university here asks you to get the copy yourself that they attest. :)

Vicky Babara

Sep 12, 2016
istari said:
@Vicky

1. Is you not living together not proof of separation ? Ans: No, i do not have any such proof.
If your spouse is non-accompanying, your CRS will be calculated as that of a single person.

2. Your wife will have to undergo a medical exam and police clearance. Ans: Are you sure about this. she might not cooperate for this.

istari

Champion Member
Jul 5, 2016
Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@Vicky
2. Your wife will have to undergo a medical exam and police clearance. Ans: Are you sure about this. she might not cooperate for this.
Absolutely positive about the medical exam; CIC says (http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/medical/medexams-perm.asp):
"If you apply for permanent residence, you must have an immigration medical exam. Your dependants must also have a medical exam, even if they are not coming with you."

CIC is slightly less clear about the police clearance (http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/intro.asp):
"In general, you and all the people in your family who are 18 or older need to get a police certificate."

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
istari said:
@Vicky
Absolutely positive about the medical exam; CIC says (http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/medical/medexams-perm.asp):
"If you apply for permanent residence, you must have an immigration medical exam. Your dependants must also have a medical exam, even if they are not coming with you."

CIC is slightly less clear about the police clearance (http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/intro.asp):
"In general, you and all the people in your family who are 18 or older need to get a police certificate."
Medicals is required for everyone - PA and the dependents even if they are not accompanying you. If you cannot get the medicals done for a dependent for whatever reason, you must write a letter demonstrating that you have genuinely tried to get the medical test done for them but you weren't able to do so for XX reason. CIC might accept this BUT bear in mind that you can NEVER ever sponsor that dependent again. However, they can immigrate to Canada on their own merits.

PCCs are also required for all adults on application for all the countries they have stayed for a period of 6 months or more (irrespective of whether the stay was continuous or through multiple trips). I am not very sure about the alternative for this. I will do some research and let you know but I am assuming that there will be a process similar to the alternative to the dependent's medical test.

DW

Star Member
Feb 18, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Passport Req..
24-08-2016
rajkamalmohanram said:
Medicals is required for everyone - PA and the dependents even if they are not accompanying you. If you cannot get the medicals done for a dependent for whatever reason, you must write a letter demonstrating that you have genuinely tried to get the medical test done for them but you weren't able to do so for XX reason. CIC might accept this BUT bear in mind that you can NEVER ever sponsor that dependent again. However, they can immigrate to Canada on their own merits.

PCCs are also required for all adults on application for all the countries they have stayed for a period of 6 months or more (irrespective of whether the stay was continuous or through multiple trips). I am not very sure about the alternative for this. I will do some research and let you know but I am assuming that there will be a process similar to the alternative to the dependent's medical test.
Hello Rajkamal!!

I am the PA and single. I did not get the medical done for my mother.
If in the future I want to apply for her PR will I be able to do that?

istari

Champion Member
Jul 5, 2016
Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
DW said:
Hello Rajkamal!!

I am the PA and single. I did not get the medical done for my mother.
If in the future I want to apply for her PR will I be able to do that?
Your mother is not a dependant; the rule Raj is referring to does not apply to your situation.

kashjuni

Jul 28, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi friends,

A relative of mine is a Bachelor of Dental Surgery (BDS) with 3 years of experience. She wishes to apply for Canada Immigration. Can someone suggest the steps to see her eligibility and how different is the process from the normal immigration of EE profiles (engineers or MBAs or likewise).

Sorry for a basic post but I am not aware where does a dentist fall in the application process.

Awaiting your response.

Thanks

istari

Champion Member
Jul 5, 2016
Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kashjuni said:
Hi friends,

A relative of mine is a Bachelor of Dental Surgery (BDS) with 3 years of experience. She wishes to apply for Canada Immigration. Can someone suggest the steps to see her eligibility and how different is the process from the normal immigration of EE profiles (engineers or MBAs or likewise).

Sorry for a basic post but I am not aware where does a dentist fall in the application process.

Awaiting your response.

Thanks
As far as I know, the EE process is the same.

Shaigurl

Sep 13, 2016
Hi all, Please help! I have a few questions. My husband is on a work permit that will expire in November my open permit expires in November as well. We have applied for PR via EE in May but the review of eligibility says "review in progress" Medical "Passed" What would you recommend? being that our work permits will expire soon and we haven't had a decision yet. I heard of Bridging open work permit. Would his company need a LMIA and would we need a study permit for our child. Please may I get a response. Thanks in advance. Also could I renew WP at a border?

salkhan

Jan 28, 2016
Category........
PNP
AOR Received.
03-12-2016
Med's Done....
08-02-2017
Passport Req..
Not Received
LANDED..........
00-07-2018
istari said:
It seems to be. But the electronic one is the same format.
Thanks istari and jes_on

With your help and guidance, I have submitted my EE profile (with Canadian work experience only) as suggested and will show all the work history from back home in APR's personal history section or in an explanation letter.... Will now apply for BC PNP International Post Graduate category.

Hope everything progresses okay... *Fingers Crossed*

YokoDaddy

Jul 23, 2014
To the stars on this thread who may know:

Got an email stating that my spouse and I need to send over passports to the Canadian embassy, so I'm assuming this means that the PPR is underway.

Have got a question though: Do I need to maintain financial balance right now or is it at the point of entry?

istari

Champion Member
Jul 5, 2016
Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
YokoDaddy said:
To the stars on this thread who may know:

Got an email stating that my spouse and I need to send over passports to the Canadian embassy, so I'm assuming this means that the PPR is underway.

Have got a question though: Do I need to maintain financial balance right now or is it at the point of entry?
That email is the PPR. It isn't underway; it's already happened.

You should maintain the minimum funds until you complete your landing.

er.satnamsinghbhullar

Apr 30, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
15 june
Med's Done....
25 june
HELLO ALL..
I HAVE RECEIVED AN E-MAIL TO SUBMIT RPRF WITHIN 7 DAYS. WHAT WOULD BE THE NEXT PHASE AFTER THIS.. AND IS IT SOMETHING TO CHEER ABOUT

MChahal

Star Member
Aug 2, 2016
Hi Experts,

I have one query regarding relatives in Canada.
Is it must to specify close relatives (aunt/uncle) under express entry?
What are the pros and cons of specifying relatives?

Thanks.