+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry Step by step instructions.

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
deepalivg said:
Hi guys,
Please help me / guide me. I am having just too many issues in my EE profile created last September like ....My education, spouses education..etc.
I have raised multiple technical issues with CIC team for 2 months but no response. Tried calling from India but can't call Toll free number ( Tried +1888...001188..00188..)
Would you recommend creating another EE profile and withdrawing the one with too many issues?
would there be any disadvantage if doing so?
If you have not yet got a PT NOI from Ontario or a direct ITA, you can withdraw your profile and create a new one.

Rishabhj

Jan 30, 2016
Hi Everyone,

I need you help.

I received my ITA on Wednesday. When I started filling the Generic Application Form for Canada (IMM 0008) online, in question number 1 I selected Family in question 2 I selected spouse, I am having a feeling that I selected wrong option. Can some one please tell me if I choose the right option? If not, then how can I change it because I cannot see that question anywhere in the application.

Application Details

Question 1
From the list, select the Program under which you are applying:

Family
Economic
Refugee
Other
Question 2
From the list, select the Category under which you are applying:

If you chose “Family” in question 1, select one of the following:
Spouse
Common-law partner
Conjugal partner
Dependent child/adopted child
Child to be adopted in Canada
Parents/grandparents
Orphaned sibling/nephew/niece/grandchild
Other relative
If you chose “ Economic” in question 1, select one of the following:
Skilled worker
Skilled trades
Self-employed
Provincial nominee
Canadian experience class
Quebec selected skilled worker
Quebec selected entrepreneur
Quebec selected self employed
Quebec selected investor
Live-in Caregiver Program (LCP)
Caring for Children Class
Caring for People with High Medical Needs
Startup Business

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Rishabhj said:
Hi Everyone,

I need you help.

I received my ITA on Wednesday. When I started filling the Generic Application Form for Canada (IMM 0008) online, in question number 1 I selected Family in question 2 I selected spouse, I am having a feeling that I selected wrong option. Can some one please tell me if I choose the right option? If not, then how can I change it because I cannot see that question anywhere in the application.

Application Details

Question 1

Family
Economic
Refugee
Other
Question 2

Spouse
Common-law partner
Conjugal partner
Parents/grandparents
Other relative
Skilled worker
Skilled trades
Self-employed
Provincial nominee
Quebec selected investor
Startup Business
Which program were you invited to apply under? FSW/CEC/FST?

AnnaBG

Nov 25, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AnnaBG said:
Is there a way to check if I need FBI PCC?
I have been to US for this period:
15.05.2007 - 21.08.2007 - 3 month 6 days
15.05.2008 - 30.09.2008 - 4 months 15 days

So this altogether makes 6 months but the CIC info is that it needs to be consecutive months of stay (6 in a row).

I have applied in december for fbi pcc but I will not get in time.
Should I add letter of explanataion or anything at all?
I repost , sorry, trying to find the answer on this.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
People,

Please take time to read this link ---> http://www.canadavisa.com/news/ircc-updates-instructions-on-procedures-related-to-police-certificates-and-express-entry-completeness-checks.html

Not sure if this has been shared on the forum before but IRCC has updated its instructions regarding PCCs. Thanks to Ashutosh (Not sure if he's on the forum) for pointing this out.

Here's the highlight -

Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC, formerly known as CIC) has provided updates to the published instructions on police certificates with respect to the Express Entry selection system for immigration to Canada.

This update may affect individuals who receive an Invitation To Apply (ITA) for Canadian permanent residence through Express Entry.

Language revisions were made to clarify the text, and under Exceptional circumstances, the instructions have been changed to reflect that clients are required to provide both proof of having requested a police certificate and an explanation of their best efforts to produce a police certificate before the 60-day deadline after the ITA has been issued. These Exceptional circumstances are outlined below.

In addition, the instructions have been revised to reflect that police certificates are required up front and are mandatory for each country where an individual has lived for six months or more in total, not necessarily in a row.

Document requirements

For the applicant’s current country of residence, the police certificate must have been issued no more than six months before the submission of the e-application.
For countries in which the applicant no longer resides, the police certificate must have been issued after the departure date of the last time the client resided in that country for more than six months.
Police certificates are required up front and are mandatory for each country (except Canada) where an individual has lived for a total of six months or more. This instruction is for the purpose of the completeness check. However, it is always at an officer’s discretion to request a new or additional police certificate.
Some countries require that the applicant complete a consent form to initiate a police certificate. The form is then uploaded (with any other police certificates the applicant may provide) as part of the e-application. If the application is not rejected as incomplete, the processing office will assess the consent form and electronic file and initiate the police certificate.

In exceptional circumstances, IRCC may accept

proof of having requested a police certificate for such countries; and
an explanation of best efforts (not a guarantee of acceptance). The applicant should explain the delay in a document and upload the document. The uploaded document must show that the applicant requested a police certificate as soon as possible after receiving their Invitation to Apply.
So, applicants might have to submit PCCs for countries where they have stayed 6 months or longer in total and not necessarily in a row.

ktayo006

Nov 23, 2015
Aragorn165 said:
I'm not sure you should be worried- as long as his contact information is on there for CIC to contact him when the time comes and they wish to verify your status with him, the actual lack of a signature shouldn't matter.

HOWEVER, to be safe, you should get a signed copy of this letter, and then send it to CIC as a CSE, along with a politely worded letter of explanation!
Thanks for your help! What does CSE stand for by the way?

angel0815

Star Member
Aug 12, 2015
THis forum has been a great help to people like us needing guidance. Thanks to your patience in answering our queries.

I have read somewhere in the thread before that we can delete our spouse's work history even after accepting ITA (at the part of completing the EE details). And just ensure that all is reflected in the personal history.

But someone also commented that this has a risk. i am currently thinking of doing the same since my husband is also having difficulty collating the certs.

Greatly appreciate your views on this :)

Rishabhj

Jan 30, 2016
SORRY FOR REPOSTING THIS:

Hi Everyone,

I need you help.

I received my ITA on Wednesday. When I started filling the Generic Application Form for Canada (IMM 0008) online, in question number 1 I selected Family in question 2 I selected spouse, I am having a feeling that I selected wrong option. Can some one please tell me if I choose the right option? If not, then how can I change it because I cannot see that question anywhere in the application. I RECEIVED INVITE FOR FSW.

Application Details

Question 1

Family
Economic
Refugee
Other
Question 2

Spouse
Common-law partner
Conjugal partner
Parents/grandparents
Other relative
Skilled worker
Skilled trades
Self-employed
Provincial nominee
Quebec selected investor
Startup Business

RoseAndRosemary

Feb 11, 2016
I have another question:

I have difficulties on determining which 'to' date should be written in Education History in EE profile, when listing the diplomas?

I have 2 dates written on my diplomas:
1st--- Record of the state examination board: No 11/ September 12th, 2003
and
2nd --- Registration No. 123456/November 12th, 2003 (this, in my opinion, is the No and date of registration of the diploma)

Thank you for your help!

AalbertaA

Sep 2, 2015
hey guys
what if I cant provide the fees for OINP pnp application in CAD ,, only in USD is available using money orders
I need some urgent help since the clock is ticking for application deadline