+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry Step by step instructions.

Oleksandr

Feb 13, 2016
Hello guys,

I hope someone can help me with this.

I completed Seneca College (Toronto) 3-year program and I have ECA assessed diploma from back home, therefore, I believe that I should be eligible to have additional scores for having "Two or more certificates, diplomas, or degrees. One must be for a program of three or more years" but I am not getting it.
As I understand whenever you are entering your educational information for one of institutions you need to choose "Two or more certificates, diplomas, or degrees. One must be for a program of three or more years" to get points, because most likely that's how it is programmed. BUT! That would be for one of my university/college i finished. Therefore, if I have 2 different certificates/diplomas from different universities or colleges and one of them is 3-years or more I will not get scores??? It doesn't make sense, does it? :eek:

Can anyone please advise whether you had the same situation or you have any information related. Greatly appreciate it!

Oleksandr

Oleksandr

Feb 13, 2016
robins.scaria said:
Hi all,
Is there any way to contact CIC...email id or telephone no.
thanks,
robins
The phone number for General Inquiries is: 1 888 242 2100

I would give you the link to contact them in email form, but the system is not allowing me. I think cause I am newbie here :)

Good Luck

StAnger

Nov 10, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
YokoDaddy said:
Hi everyone,

A very stupid question, and one that I hope the forum can help me on.

After I submit my application, pay the fees etc on receiving the ITA, is there any way I can edit that form? I may have some changes to make on work history depending on whether I can get the requisite letters, of which I had lost hope of getting.

Do let me know if that is possible. Thanks.
Nope

StAnger

Nov 10, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kakmam said:
Hi Raj

Hav a query on funds proof
My bank is canara bank and I m showing the balance and statement from tht bank .
They gave me statement and balance certificate on plain a4 paper mentioning all details of bank like phone no. Address and all other details mentioned in help icon...
The only problem is they are not giving on bank letter head
Please suggest whther the balance certificate and sttement would be OK on plain a4 paper signed by manager with bank seal on it

Please help I got ita on 10 feb
Is it stamped? As long as the lettet has a stamp and is signed by the Manager, it should be alright, if not, get one.

StAnger

Nov 10, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ade_kun said:
My lovely people in the house, can somebody please advise me....I created an express entry profile and my point is 403 but i didn't receive the interest from Ontario which i ticked them as one of the province that i will like to stay...PLEASE HELP ME
Having a score above 400 is only the qualifying creteria and not a gurantee for letter of interest. If you are lucky, you might get one. Good luck.

StAnger

Nov 10, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
adilkhan31 said:
Hi guys. I got my ITA last week and late date of submission for documents is 10 Apr 2016. While I am uploading most of the documents, I have a few questions:

1. Should I get the bank letter now or do I wait till the last minute so I can upload the latest statement?
2. My current employer issued me the experience certificate in Oct 2015. Should I ask them to issue a new one or the old one will still be valid since I am still working with them?

TIA
1. Get it now.
2. Not required. Just attach the recent payslips to prove that you are still employed with them.

StAnger

Nov 10, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Rishabhj said:
SORRY FOR REPOSTING THIS:

Hi Everyone,

I need you help.

I received my ITA on Wednesday. When I started filling the Generic Application Form for Canada (IMM 0008) online, in question number 1 I selected Family in question 2 I selected spouse, I am having a feeling that I selected wrong option. Can some one please tell me if I choose the right option? If not, then how can I change it because I cannot see that question anywhere in the application. I RECEIVED INVITE FOR FSW.

Application Details

Question 1
From the list, select the Program under which you are applying:

Family
Economic
Refugee
Other
Question 2
From the list, select the Category under which you are applying:

If you chose “Family” in question 1, select one of the following:
Spouse
Common-law partner
Conjugal partner
Dependent child/adopted child
Child to be adopted in Canada
Parents/grandparents
Orphaned sibling/nephew/niece/grandchild
Other relative
If you chose “ Economic” in question 1, select one of the following:
Skilled worker
Skilled trades
Self-employed
Provincial nominee
Canadian experience class
Quebec selected skilled worker
Quebec selected entrepreneur
Quebec selected self employed
Quebec selected investor
Live-in Caregiver Program (LCP)
Caring for Children Class
Caring for People with High Medical Needs
Startup Business
Economic, skilled worker.

StAnger

Nov 10, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
angel0815 said:
THis forum has been a great help to people like us needing guidance. Thanks to your patience in answering our queries.

I have read somewhere in the thread before that we can delete our spouse's work history even after accepting ITA (at the part of completing the EE details). And just ensure that all is reflected in the personal history.

But someone also commented that this has a risk. i am currently thinking of doing the same since my husband is also having difficulty collating the certs.

Greatly appreciate your views on this :)
You can omit the information if you arent claiming any points. If you are too scared to do so, leave it as it is and attach whatever you have and additionally explain it in a LOE. Either way is OK.

StAnger

Nov 10, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Lemon Grass said:
Hi
Can someone tell if I am applying from USA (never stayed in Canada) and my CRS point is 420. Is there any possibility that I can get OINP invitation? I thought these invitations are only for those who are staying in Canada or applying from Canada. Please let me know.
You are very well eligible and if lucky, expect a PT, provided you have selected Ontario as your prefered province, while filling your EE form.

kakmam1

Feb 14, 2016
Pune, India
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-12-2015 (SINP)
Doc's Request.
02-06-2016 (Schedule A) Provided on 07-02-2016
Nomination.....
02-02-2016 (SINP)
AOR Received.
24-02-2016
IELTS Request
Already submitted with post ITA application
Med's Request
Med's Done....
26-02-2016
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
10-10-2016
VISA ISSUED...
17-10-2016
LANDED..........
02-02-2017
StAnger said:
Is it stamped? As long as the lettet has a stamp and is signed by the Manager, it should be alright, if not, get one.
yes it is stamped by branch manager's seal and branch circular seal/... please suggest
but it is not on letter head

kakmam1

Feb 14, 2016
Pune, India
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-12-2015 (SINP)
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
02-02-2016 (SINP)
AOR Received.
24-02-2016
IELTS Request
Med's Request
Med's Done....
26-02-2016
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
10-10-2016
VISA ISSUED...
17-10-2016
LANDED..........
02-02-2017
StAnger said:
yes it is stamped by branch manager's seal and branch circular seal/... please suggest
but it is not on letter head and its on simple A4 paper

StAnger

Nov 10, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kakmam1 said:
but it is not on letter head and its on simple A4 paper
Make sure it has bank address, email ID, contact details.

Why is canara bank refusing to give this on their letter head? You have all the right as a customer to request your data and they are obliged to do so.

YokoDaddy

Jul 23, 2014
StAnger said:
Thanks for your reply St. Anger.
I wanted to highlight this specific aspect from the website :

"A personalized document checklist is produced for each applicant when they submit their e-APR through their MyCIC account. The personalized checklist identifies the specific supporting documents required from each family member included on the application."

At this stage, assuming I haven't yet submitted the documents that the personalised checklist throws up, can I still make an edit to the submitted form such as on travel dates, work dates etc? Does submission of e-APR also mean payment?

Basically, what is the complete form submission process once I've received my ITA and taken it forward by clicking on 'Continue Application"?

kakmam1

Feb 14, 2016
Pune, India
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-12-2015 (SINP)
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
02-02-2016 (SINP)
AOR Received.
24-02-2016
IELTS Request
Med's Request
Med's Done....
26-02-2016
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
10-10-2016
VISA ISSUED...
17-10-2016
LANDED..........
02-02-2017
StAnger said:
Make sure it has bank address, email ID, contact details.

Why is canara bank refusing to give this on their letter head? You have all the right as a customer to request your data and they are obliged to do so.
I will be making one more try in coming week. Bank is good but people are typical government ppl

dont want to do any work ....

StAnger

Nov 10, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
YokoDaddy said:
Thanks for your reply St. Anger.
I wanted to highlight this specific aspect from the website :

"A personalized document checklist is produced for each applicant when they submit their e-APR through their MyCIC account. The personalized checklist identifies the specific supporting documents required from each family member included on the application."

At this stage, assuming I haven't yet submitted the documents that the personalised checklist throws up, can I still make an edit to the submitted form such as on travel dates, work dates etc? Does submission of e-APR also mean payment?

Basically, what is the complete form submission process once I've received my ITA and taken it forward by clicking on 'Continue Application"?
As long as you dont submit application, you can edit /update as many times as you like.