+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry Step by step instructions.

vichuuuuuu

Jan 14, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-04-2015
Nomination.....
13-01-2016
AOR Received.
11-03-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
BG In Progress on 01/08/2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
Not Needed
Passport Req..
07/09/2016
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
Hi Friends,

My spouse have 11 months experience in which 5 months he has worked in Dubai and for this he have a stamp in passport. But due to some issues he returned to India and didn't turn up to that company without taking experience letter.

In express entry profile we didn't show this experience and didn't score points for his experience. Later he joined another company and for this new job he have all documents and this new job is mentioned in EE profile.we received ITA and while filling forms we need to mention our travel history and need to mention all the activities done after the age of 18.

Here comes my problem, as per job experience He is unemployed during that time but passport shows a stamp during that time.

How to proceed with this case, please suggest

Thank you

liugengji

Feb 8, 2016
Hi everyone, here is my situation, I graduated from U of T Engineering summer 2015. I got Master of Engineering's (MEng) offer from University of Toronto in April 2015. So I applied for study permit extension and got my new study permit valid to November 2016. End of May 2015 I got an full time engineering job offer (NOC code 2132) , so I went to Canadian Border obtained my 3 years PGWP and started to work on June 2015.

Nonetheless, I didn't quit school but continues my master at UT with the option of Extended Full Time (EFT), which allows student to finish the program in 2 to 3 years (10 courses). I took 1 course on 2015 fall (first term), and I am taking two 2 courses right now (second term).

I am planning to apply for EE this June. However I am a bit worried because even though technically I would have 1 year qualified work experience under PGWP by June this year, but CIC website states that "You cannot count work experience you gained while enrolled as a full-time student" . I believe U of T will put "extended full time" on my shchool letter although I only took 3 courses during 2 semester. Will this situation affect my EE application? Can I not mention my graduate study when I apply for EE and OOPNP?

Any help will be greatly appreciated, thank you!

Kachra

Star Member
Jan 27, 2016
Hey Raj,

Assuming everything goes fine then by end of May I shall have my OINP completed (90 days). if i get married in May and declare my spouse to OINP , will that delay my processing time for Provincial nominee, if yes, then by how much. My open work-permit is expiring by June 24.

Thanks for your responses Raj :)

acesheikh

Star Member
Feb 10, 2016
Hello people,

Need your help/advice/suggestion.

Can someone please guide me with the ECA process from CES as my bachelors degree from Pakistan doesn't appear in WES list.
- I have a 4 years BBA (Iqra University - Pakistan) & an MBA from (Cardiff University - UK)

would really appreciate if someone can guide me with complete steps in order to get both done ASAP

These instruction will be helpful not just to me but many aspirants who are seeking a lucid understanding of the process.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
vichuuuuuu said:
Hi Friends,

My spouse have 11 months experience in which 5 months he has worked in Dubai and for this he have a stamp in passport. But due to some issues he returned to India and didn't turn up to that company without taking experience letter.

In express entry profile we didn't show this experience and didn't score points for his experience. Later he joined another company and for this new job he have all documents and this new job is mentioned in EE profile.we received ITA and while filling forms we need to mention our travel history and need to mention all the activities done after the age of 18.

Here comes my problem, as per job experience He is unemployed during that time but passport shows a stamp during that time.

How to proceed with this case, please suggest

Thank you
You can leave that job out of the work experience section. In your post-ITA questionnaire, you can retain this job in the personal history section alone. This way, you will not have to provide any reference letters for this job.

As for the passport stamp, you can mention the period in which he was employed in Dubai in the personal history section. You can mention the period from when he returned to India as "Unemployed". This will not cause any issues, IMO.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
liugengji said:
Hi everyone, here is my situation, I graduated from U of T Engineering summer 2015. I got Master of Engineering's (MEng) offer from University of Toronto in April 2015. So I applied for study permit extension and got my new study permit valid to November 2016. End of May 2015 I got an full time engineering job offer (NOC code 2132) , so I went to Canadian Border obtained my 3 years PGWP and started to work on June 2015.

Nonetheless, I didn't quit school but continues my master at UT with the option of Extended Full Time (EFT), which allows student to finish the program in 2 to 3 years (10 courses). I took 1 course on 2015 fall (first term), and I am taking two 2 courses right now (second term).

I am planning to apply for EE this June. However I am a bit worried because even though technically I would have 1 year qualified work experience under PGWP by June this year, but CIC website states that "You cannot count work experience you gained while enrolled as a full-time student" . I believe U of T will put "extended full time" on my shchool letter although I only took 3 courses during 2 semester. Will this situation affect my EE application? Can I not mention my graduate study when I apply for EE and OOPNP?

Any help will be greatly appreciated, thank you!
If your currently a "full-time" student in Canada, then you will not be able to claim any work experience gained during this period. I believe students studying part-time can work side-by-side and claim part-time work experience.

@Asivad - Thoughts?

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Kachra said:
Hey Raj,

Assuming everything goes fine then by end of May I shall have my OINP completed (90 days). if i get married in May and declare my spouse to OINP , will that delay my processing time for Provincial nominee, if yes, then by how much. My open work-permit is expiring by June 24.

Thanks for your responses Raj :)
I'm assuming you have applied to Ontario under CEC.

Updating your marriage to OINP will not have any delays, IMO.

When did you submit your application to OINP?

ktayo006

Nov 23, 2015
My employer forgot to sign the reference letter. Although it meets every other condition e.g letter headed, phone number, his email e.t.c. I posted my application few days ago, do I need to send a signed reference letter with cover letter or hope this wouldn't be an issue?

Please advise everyone! A bit scared :(

Sameer212

Jan 1, 2016
The document requirements clearly state the reference letter should have the signature of the supervisor/personnel officer. Your application will almost certainly get rejected otherwise.

ktayo006 said:
My employer forgot to sign the reference letter. Although it meets every other condition e.g letter headed, phone number, his email e.t.c. I posted my application few days ago, do I need to send a signed reference letter with cover letter or hope this wouldn't be an issue?

Aragorn165

Champion Member
Sep 18, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-03-2016
Nomination.....
03-11-2015
AOR Received.
04-03-2016
Passport Req..
02-09-2016
ktayo006 said:

I'm not sure you should be worried- as long as his contact information is on there for CIC to contact him when the time comes and they wish to verify your status with him, the actual lack of a signature shouldn't matter.

HOWEVER, to be safe, you should get a signed copy of this letter, and then send it to CIC as a CSE, along with a politely worded letter of explanation!

neeti_hasija

Jan 21, 2016
Hi Forum People,

I was going through the links of all the provinces to know the process . Can anybody confirm my understanding

1. For all the provinces ,the candidates are selected from EE profile ? There is no other entry criteria?

2. Only for Ontario, 1500 dollar is charged and for other provinces there is no application fee ?

RoseAndRosemary

Feb 11, 2016
Hi everybody,

I have a question about one field under Occupation when filling in the EE profile.
It's:
Date Name first became qualified to practice in this occupation

What should be written there?

I am going to claim points only for my current job (NOC: 2175 Web designers and developers), which I started in 2012 (it's difficult to obtain letters from the rest of my previous employers, so I decided to go only with this one). And because of this, for the moment I wrote 2012 for this field.
Besides, I have a Master's degree (2006) and Bachelor's degree (2004) which are in a different field I've never worked in.

Thank you!

Reactions: Mir-DXB

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
RoseAndRosemary said:
Hi everybody,

I have a question about one field under Occupation when filling in the EE profile.
It's:
Date Name first became qualified to practice in this occupation

What should be written there?

I am going to claim points only for my current job (NOC: 2175 Web designers and developers), which I started in 2012 (it's difficult to obtain letters from the rest of my previous employers, so I decided to go only with this one). And because of this, for the moment I wrote 2012 for this field.
Besides, I have a Master's degree (2006) and Bachelor's degree (2004) which are in a different field I've never worked in.

Thank you!
You can mention the date you completed your Masters Degree.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
neeti_hasija said:
Hi Forum People,

I was going through the links of all the provinces to know the process . Can anybody confirm my understanding

1. For all the provinces ,the candidates are selected from EE profile ? There is no other entry criteria?

2. Only for Ontario, 1500 dollar is charged and for other provinces there is no application fee ?
1. Not true. As of now, only Ontario sends out Notification of Interest to applicants in the EE pool. For NSNP, SINP and PEI do not send NOIs. You can apply by yourself.

2. Yes, Ontario charges 1500 CAD. AFAIK, SINP/NSNP/PEI doesn't charge you anything!!

angel0815

Star Member
Aug 12, 2015
Hi everyone!

Can you pls enlighten me about immediate family member?
I am the principal applicant and am married with a kid. They are both included in the application.

1. Do I include our parents and brothers and sisters in filling up the express entry as immediate family members? I have an ITA already and currently in the stage of completing the online form of express entry to accept the ITA. Or since I am married, my immediate family members are my husband and son?
2. Who will be required to go for medical?

Thanks a lot!