+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry Step by step instructions.

rinkymehra

Mar 25, 2020
I have a question about foreign work experience for skills transferability,,,,,,whether it has to be in 1 NOC only or it can a combination of jobs in NOC 0 A or B to get full 50 points along with IELTS. I know minimum of 1 year is required in a particular NOC but about the 3 years for 50 points

RUDE_ASH

Mar 19, 2020
Hi All,

I will appreciate if you can answer my below questions:

I have three jobs in total. Out of which only one job (current job) adds to my crs score. The previous two jobs doesn’t qualify to increase my crs score.
My question is “CAN I REMOVE THOSE TWO JOBS FROM EE PROFILE’s work history ”. If I remove these two jobs from the work history then where should I disclose these in my profile or application? Please advise ASAP.

Mitya-kun

Star Member
Feb 6, 2019
Hi All,

I will appreciate if you can answer my below questions:

I have three jobs in total. Out of which only one job (current job) adds to my crs score. The previous two jobs doesn’t qualify to increase my crs score.
My question is “CAN I REMOVE THOSE TWO JOBS FROM EE PROFILE’s work history ”. If I remove these two jobs from the work history then where should I disclose these in my profile or application? Please advise ASAP.
You can remove it from your work history (now or after you receive ITA) and put it into personal history after you receive ITA. Or you can leave it in work history and, when submitting application, provide LOEs instead of reference letters, explaining that you do not claim any points for this experience. Both ways are equally fine. And if you researched a bit, you would find plenty of people who did either ways and recieved their PPRs.

Mitya-kun

Star Member
Feb 6, 2019
I have a question about foreign work experience for skills transferability,,,,,,whether it has to be in 1 NOC only or it can a combination of jobs in NOC 0 A or B to get full 50 points along with IELTS. I know minimum of 1 year is required in a particular NOC but about the 3 years for 50 points
You need to have at least one year of continuous work experience without any breaks in one NOC which you choose as so called primary NOC. The rest of experience can consist of one-two-three-whatever months in any other NOC from 0, A and B class. So yes, you can combine jobs in deferent NOCs to get more points for the experience itself and additional points for transferability.

Mitya-kun

Star Member
Feb 6, 2019
“Deadline for responding to an ITA
Upon receipt of an ITA, a candidate has 60 calendar days to do one of the following:

- Submit a complete application for permanent residence (APR) in their online account. This includes providing all supporting documentation up front.

-Decline the ITA in their online account”

As the CIC website states that there are 60 days to submit the application after receiving ITA but somehow mine is 90 days. Is it strange or because of Covid-19?
Yes, they extended deadline for the application submission to 90 days instead of 60 due to COVID-19. What is more, if you can’t get some of the required documents even in this prolonged timeframe, you can submit LOEs instead of respective documents explaining that you need more time to get them. Therefore your case will not be rejected as incomplete, but will be put on hold instead until you provide them with the required documents.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/service-delivery/coronavirus/permanent-residence.html

Mitya-kun

Star Member
Feb 6, 2019
Hello,

I would like to ask you guys about your opinion to apply for Express Entry.

I had my IELTS scheduled for 13th March 2020. But due to the corona outbreak, the exam was cancelled and I will receive a full refund. These days no one knows when it will be possible to sit a new exam. And that causes me worry - as my birthday is coming next week and I will turn 35, I am about to lose some CRS points.
Today I have read an official statement from IRCC:

"If you’re missing documents necessary for the completeness check because of disruptions related to the novel coronavirus (COVID 19), you can still submit your application.
  • You must submit a letter explaining the reason why you’re missing documents. Your application will be held until further notice."
So what do you think? If I can provide a proof (send a letter supported my situation) that I couldn’t take the IELTS, can I still apply for EE even without IELTS? I mean to apply for EE with the low IELTS bands like 6 for each section, and during the year I hopefully will be able to take the test and provide real marks.

Thanks
The statement from IRCC you are referring to is about submission of application for permanent residency after you have been invited to apply. But you cannot create an Express Entry profile and therefore be invited to apply without results of language testing.First of all, your CRS is being calculated based on EXACT marks you got at your IELTS. Secondly, when creating an EE profile, you have to provide the test reports number and the date when the test was taken and the date when you received the results.
So no, you cannot create EE profile without passing IELTS or TEF first.

Jun 26, 2019
Please help me!
I have questions about how to approach the "work experience" section of express entry.

first some background:
I worked for 3 years in Texas (after 2 years of masters in LA) before moving to Toronto in late 2019. My company moved me via the Global Skills Strategy program of Canada and that offers me a 3 year closed work permit. My company, however, terminated my employment recently, in March (Canadian Exp: ~6 months).
I have thus decided to apply for express entry (is this the best way forward?)

1) I am not sure if they will provide me a letter of reference. However, I have a Canadian offer letter, pay stubs, and the fact that they moved me to Canada on global skills strategy. I worked with the same company for 2 years before moving here. What documents should suffice?
Should the American offer letter, Canadian offer letter, and my pay stubs be ok?

2)There are many employers who are "really interested" in me, but if I have a PR. What is my best bet to score sponsorship if my score is not enough to make it in the lottery?

RUDE_ASH

Mar 19, 2020
Hello i live in Alberta. Can i apply for PNP and express entry at the same time?
There are two categories in AINP. One is AINP for express entry candidates. For this category, you only create express entry profile and do not apply directly to the AINP. AINp issue ita based on your profile’s connections to the province of Alberta. So if you create express entry profile and consider Alberta as your destination province in Canada; you will be automatically considered but your elegibility will be determined based on your previous education, work history, family connections in Alberta. Or unless your profession is one of highly required in Alberta.

if you apply directly to the AINP in any other stream, then you have to submit a paper application, which in my knowledge doesn’t qualify for the express entry.

but yes you can apply both applications at the same time. AINP as well as express entry profile.

Aptechvisa

Mar 26, 2020
Hi,

If you are willing to start your Canada immigration process through Express Entry Canada, there are underline certain evitable key steps which you need to follow up. Basically, it is an online immigration program which deals with three economic immigration programs of Federal skilled worker program (FSWP), Federal skilled trade program (FSTP) and of Canadian Experience class (CEC). To apply, you need to go through from the following steps as:

• Check if you are eligible under any economic program of Express Entry Canada.
  • Get you all required documents kit ready once you find out to become eligible in Express Entry program.
  • Submit your Express Entry profile with all correct and relevant information.
  • Get an Invitation to Apply (ITA) and further apply for Canada permanent residence.
Express Entry Canada will mostly complete your entire process within 6 months or more. On receiving an ITA from Canada, you will have 60 days to submit your application for permanent residence along with required fees and documents. To be eligible for FSWP stream, you must obtain at least 67 points out of 100 that based on five selection factors of your age, education, work experience, language scores and adaptability factors.

Hope, this Helps!

Britt6111

Mar 28, 2020
My CRS score is 473 and I'm planning to add my profile in the pool on April 1st(I have to wait coz of my experience completion). Can anyone please suggest me what are the chances of receiving an invite in the next draw with my current CRS score. I'm applying from BC.

Also, how long the process usually takes for getting the RCMP clearance here in BC. I know everyone says the after invite process usually takes around 6 months but what if we submit all the documents within first 2 weeks of invite - would that make any time difference in your PR processing?

Thanks much in advance!

Aussie23

Apr 2, 2020
Hi Members.

I have recently received the invitation for PR through Express Entry. However, I cannot book an appointment for the upfront medical exam because of COVID-19.. Is anyone else facing the similar situation? Can someone please help in answering the following questions:

1) When will the via medical services start taking medical exams?
2) Can I submit the the application without the Medical exam, given that I still have about 60 days left to complete the application?
3) Do we have a direct email, contact number etc. where we can get this info directly from IRCC?
4) The Web Forum Enquiries says that they will not respond to queries if the application submission deadline is not passed yet. Can I still go ahead and ask the same questions from them?