+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry Step by step instructions.

shoaibalik

Jun 3, 2017
I was on a LMIA supported close work permit NOC B for 2 years, and now I am on a 1 year open work permit now. I would like to know if I have can select "YES" here or not? Any idea?

8) Do you have a valid job offer supported by a Labour Market Impact Assessment (if needed)?
A valid job offer must be
  • full-time
  • in a skilled job listed as Skill Type 0, or Skill Level A or B in the 2011 National Occupational Classification
  • supported by a Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) or exempt from needing one
  • for one year from the time you become a permanent resident
A job offer isn’t valid if your employer is:
  • an embassy, high commission or consulate in Canada or
  • on the list of ineligible employers.
Whether an offer is valid or not also depends on different factors, depending on your case. See a full list of criteria for valid job offers.

VisaExperts

Star Member
Feb 28, 2019
Hai I m arun,
I just want to ask that I submitted my application for express entry in Canada. I m having only secondary college (puc) but my agency asking for transcript certificate for that to submit in WES.
Whether transcript still required for secondary education?

Thank you.
As per the new ruling from 1st of December 2018, the boards need to send the transcripts directly to WES for the verification in a sealed envelope. They are neither to be submitted by you personally or any third party. Bu do make sure you have WES reference number mentioned on the certificates.

samakh

Star Member
Oct 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-12-2014
Nomination.....
25-02-2015
File Transfer...
25-02-2015
Med's Request
28-10-2105
Med's Done....
10-11-2015
Passport Req..
19-01-2016
Hi All,

I have a question. My sister is a Canadian passport holder but doesn't live in Canada. I believe the condition laid out in the application is that the relation needs to be a passport holder and living there. But she also owns a house there, in the name of my brother in law and they have a joint account.

Will I be able to claim points?

Komal Danson

Jul 17, 2019
Can we apply first to Express entry and then later send the ECA report? Or it is important to have ECA done before applying. For example in my case, I have applied for ECA and expecting it, should I apply for Express entry or wait till I get my ECA done and get the mail

Thank you

Firstly you need to create the profile in express entry pool. Then the first step is to get the ECA done.

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
Hi All,

I have a question. My sister is a Canadian passport holder but doesn't live in Canada. I believe the condition laid out in the application is that the relation needs to be a passport holder and living there. But she also owns a house there, in the name of my brother in law and they have a joint account.

Will I be able to claim points?
No. The rule is that your Canadian relative (citizen/PR) must be living in Canada. If you try and claim points otherwise, it's a clear case of misrepresentation and you can be banned for five years. It's very easy for IRCC to know that your sister isn't living there.

ziakhan969

Jul 29, 2019
Hello everyone

I have a question with regard to the comprehensive ranking system (CRS) score for the level of education. I am currently a PhD student on study permit in Canada in my third year of PhD. So I would like to ask if I am eligible for the 30 points from post secondary education in Canada credential three years or longer. Since the selection has the option doctoral degree of at least one academic year, so I have already completed 2 years of my PhD and also my courses and PhD comprehensive exam and currently in third year but haven't received degree yet, but expected to receive the degree after completing my thesis in a year.

Therefore I would be really grateful if an expert can answer my query of eligibility for these 30 points from post secondary education in Canada in the current situation.

Thank you for your anticipation and time.

Rmv.18

Star Member
Jun 11, 2019
I have been working as an online tutor for an e-learning company. I have been working full time for 2.5 yrs but as a freelancer.Am I eligible to apply as the primary applicant for Express Entry?Is it mandatory that the primary applicant should have an employee-employer experience? Is there any other immigration program which I should try?

anannyaban

Jul 27, 2019
Hi all... I am new here. I have some questions.
1. My Passport has a different address from the current one. Do I need to update that? If I update the address, would that change the passport number in the reissued passport?
2. My husbands birth certificate contains a different name. What documents are needed to rectify that? Can we submit any other document like the 10th standard admit card which contains his DOB?

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
Hi all... I am new here. I have some questions.
1. My Passport has a different address from the current one. Do I need to update that? If I update the address, would that change the passport number in the reissued passport?
2. My husbands birth certificate contains a different name. What documents are needed to rectify that? Can we submit any other document like the 10th standard admit card which contains his DOB?
1. No, you don't need the address on the passport to match your current address.
2. You don't usually need the birth certificate for Express Entry. Have you been asked to upload it?

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
Hello everyone

I have a question with regard to the comprehensive ranking system (CRS) score for the level of education. I am currently a PhD student on study permit in Canada in my third year of PhD. So I would like to ask if I am eligible for the 30 points from post secondary education in Canada credential three years or longer. Since the selection has the option doctoral degree of at least one academic year, so I have already completed 2 years of my PhD and also my courses and PhD comprehensive exam and currently in third year but haven't received degree yet, but expected to receive the degree after completing my thesis in a year.

Therefore I would be really grateful if an expert can answer my query of eligibility for these 30 points from post secondary education in Canada in the current situation.

Thank you for your anticipation and time.
No, you can't because you don't have the degree yet. If you had the degree, then you would have been able to. Currently you haven't completed the requirements of your degree, so you can't get the points.

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
I have been working as an online tutor for an e-learning company. I have been working full time for 2.5 yrs but as a freelancer.Am I eligible to apply as the primary applicant for Express Entry?Is it mandatory that the primary applicant should have an employee-employer experience? Is there any other immigration program which I should try?
No, it's not mandatory for the work to be employer-employee. It can be self-employed as well. However it will need to meet the other criteria (paid, one year of experience, and NOC 0,A,B). If you meet these requirements and can provide documents to prove that you meet them, you can apply

VisaExperts

Star Member
Feb 28, 2019
No, it's not mandatory for the work to be employer-employee. It can be self-employed as well. However it will need to meet the other criteria (paid, one year of experience, and NOC 0,A,B). If you meet these requirements and can provide documents to prove that you meet them, you can apply
This is possible only if, as you said, the concerned person fulfills the other requirements. But the point the, the Express Entry is for skilled workers. The person is seeking the skilled visa under the business experience. I think that is subject to skepticism. You need to check the things before proceeding.

Kumarnikhil

Jul 30, 2019
Hello everyone
I am a bit confused about if I need to get the Police Clearance done from Canada as well because I have stayed there for more than 6 months on a study visa after which i came back to india and am applying for permanent residence from India itself.

Would really appreciate your opinion.
Thanks!

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
This is possible only if, as you said, the concerned person fulfills the other requirements. But the point the, the Express Entry is for skilled workers. The person is seeking the skilled visa under the business experience. I think that is subject to skepticism. You need to check the things before proceeding.
The person concerned said they've been working as a freelance instructor. Not sure where you're getting the "business experience bit". Anyway, my point was simple - self-employed experience can qualify you for Express Entry, it's not mandatory to be employed in a job as an "employee". The rest of it depends on the specifics of your experience.

Reactions: mdilushi