+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry Step by step instructions.

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
Thank you for reply,

I was actually asking for "Job offer letter from Canadian Employer" to make Express Entry process faster!
It's not mandatory, nor does it make it faster per se.

What it does is give you more points (50 points). However, the actual processing time post submission is not really impacted.

So if you have 480 points with a job offer from Canada, and someone else has 480 points without the job offer, both applications will be processed in the usual 3-6 month time frame.

jackparker17

Jul 16, 2019
It's not mandatory, nor does it make it faster per se.

What it does is give you more points (50 points). However, the actual processing time post submission is not really impacted.

So if you have 480 points with a job offer from Canada, and someone else has 480 points without the job offer, both applications will be processed in the usual 3-6 month time frame.

Thank you for clarification.

Rmv.18

Star Member
Jun 11, 2019
This is possible only if, as you said, the concerned person fulfills the other requirements. But the point the, the Express Entry is for skilled workers. The person is seeking the skilled visa under the business experience. I think that is subject to skepticism. You need to check the things before proceeding.
The minimum qualification required for the job is Masters and I have a Masters in Technology. I work as a tutor for an e-learning company but as a freelancer.I am not sure if it comes under skilled or business category.

VisaExperts

Star Member
Feb 28, 2019
The minimum qualification required for the job is Masters and I have a Masters in Technology. I work as a tutor for an e-learning company but as a freelancer.I am not sure if it comes under skilled or business category.
Would that company, you are working with as a freelancer, provide you with the experience certificate for the same?

VisaExperts

Star Member
Feb 28, 2019
The person concerned said they've been working as a freelance instructor. Not sure where you're getting the "business experience bit". Anyway, my point was simple - self-employed experience can qualify you for Express Entry, it's not mandatory to be employed in a job as an "employee". The rest of it depends on the specifics of your experience.
Freelance in itself is a business. As per Canadian guidelines it should be under self employed visa I think of business visa, as far as my knowledge goes. Express Entry is for skilled and qualified workers.

Moreover, if this can be shown a part time experience than a freelance one and the person compensates for the full time work in part time, then I think that would be more convenient enough to apply under Express Entry System.

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
Freelance in itself is a business. As per Canadian guidelines it should be under self employed visa I think of business visa, as far as my knowledge goes. Express Entry is for skilled and qualified workers.

Moreover, if this can be shown a part time experience than a freelance one and the person compensates for the full time work in part time, then I think that would be more convenient enough to apply under Express Entry System.
Please do not spread misinformation. You are not correct when you say "Self employed" people are not eligible for Express Entry.

Here is an authoritative source.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/express-entry/applications-received-on-after-january-1-2016-completeness-check.html

Read this part
if the applicant is self-employed, articles of incorporation or other evidence of business ownership, evidence of self-employment income and documentation from third-party individuals indicating the service provided along with payment details (self-declared main duties or affidavits are not acceptable proof of self-employed work experience).

Reactions: Rmv.18 and mdilushi

ruka

Apr 7, 2008
Visa Office......
Colombo, Sri Lanka
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10/02/2010 (old)
Doc's Request.
16/04/2010 (old)
AOR Received.
11/08/2010 (old)
File Transfer...
20/04/2010 (old)
Friends,
I got nominated from SINP yesterday and my CRS is 963 now. I should probably get ITA in the next draw.
Now I need to be ready for the next steps.

Can you guys advice me what documents I should collect and what's the procedure after ITA.

I already applied for police clearance today.

Once nominated do we need to submit all-docs to something called e-APR ( I saw this on the federal site). Does this include the medicals as well.

the federal site says
"In Express Entry, applicants are required to submit a complete electronic application for permanent residence (e-APR) within 60 calendar days of being issued an invitation to apply (ITA). The application and all supporting documents must be submitted electronically through the applicant’s online account."

The above means we need to submit all supporting docs including medicals when we submit the e-APR right ?

but on the contrary it says in the same page

"A personalized document checklist is produced for each applicant when they submit their e-APR through their online account."

which means we can submit the e-APR and then submit the supporting docs .

I am pretty confused. Can you kindly clarify this.

Thanks in advance

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
Friends,
I got nominated from SINP yesterday and my CRS is 963 now. I should probably get ITA in the next draw.

Can you guys advice me what documents I should collect and what's the procedure after ITA.

Once nominated do we need to submit all-docs to something called e-APR ( I saw this on the federal site). Does this include the medicals as well.

the federal site says
"In Express Entry, applicants are required to submit a complete electronic application for permanent residence (e-APR) within 60 calendar days of being issued an invitation to apply (ITA). The application and all supporting documents must be submitted electronically through the applicant’s online account."

The above means we need to submit all supporting docs including medicals when we submit the e-APR right ?

"A personalized document checklist is produced for each applicant when they submit their e-APR through their online account."

Thanks in advance
Once you are invited, your current Express Entry profile will have a whole new set of fields that you have to fill out and that's where you upload your documents. You'll see this happen as soon as you accept your ITA. This is also where you'll get the personalized document checklist.

e-APR simply means "Electronic Application for Permanent Residence". It's not a separate site/process/something to submit. The Express Entry process is the e-APR.

If you are confused, look at Express Entry post-ITA videos on YouTube, or read the threads here. It's a very simple and straightforward process.

ammad88

Apr 16, 2019
Friends,

the federal site says

Thanks in advance
Congratulations. Did you apply for an Expression Of Interest or were selected by just being in the pool?