+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry Step by step instructions.

akash.lmb

Jul 31, 2019
Hey guys !
My crs score is 458 right now
I have done post graduation diploma in Canada
BTech in India
IELTS 9 8 7 7
One year of experience in India.
My documents are under review in WES

Can anyone please tell me where to start my application ?
I have no clue at all.
Which entry where to start documents needed
Any help would be much appreciated

ruka

Apr 7, 2008
Visa Office......
Colombo, Sri Lanka
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10/02/2010 (old)
Doc's Request.
16/04/2010 (old)
AOR Received.
11/08/2010 (old)
File Transfer...
20/04/2010 (old)
Once you are invited, your current Express Entry profile will have a whole new set of fields that you have to fill out and that's where you upload your documents. You'll see this happen as soon as you accept your ITA. This is also where you'll get the personalized document checklist.

e-APR simply means "Electronic Application for Permanent Residence". It's not a separate site/process/something to submit. The Express Entry process is the e-APR.

If you are confused, look at Express Entry post-ITA videos on YouTube, or read the threads here. It's a very simple and straightforward process.
Thnks a lot dear.

ruka

Apr 7, 2008
Visa Office......
Colombo, Sri Lanka
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10/02/2010 (old)
Doc's Request.
16/04/2010 (old)
AOR Received.
11/08/2010 (old)
File Transfer...
20/04/2010 (old)
Congratulations. Did you apply for an Expression Of Interest or were selected by just being in the pool?
Through express entry new EOI system in SINP. I got ITA from them 21 august 2018, their very first draw.

ruka

Apr 7, 2008
Visa Office......
Colombo, Sri Lanka
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10/02/2010 (old)
Doc's Request.
16/04/2010 (old)
AOR Received.
11/08/2010 (old)
File Transfer...
20/04/2010 (old)
Friends,
I need to get the work experience letter done again to submit once I get the ITA .

Who should this letter address to ?

Does the IRCC accept EPF as proof of fund ?

Thanks

VisaExperts

Star Member
Feb 28, 2019
Please do not spread misinformation. You are not correct when you say "Self employed" people are not eligible for Express Entry.

Here is an authoritative source.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/express-entry/applications-received-on-after-january-1-2016-completeness-check.html

Read this part
if the applicant is self-employed, articles of incorporation or other evidence of business ownership, evidence of self-employment income and documentation from third-party individuals indicating the service provided along with payment details (self-declared main duties or affidavits are not acceptable proof of self-employed work experience).

Thanks for correcting me on that part. But to your kind notice, frankly speaking, i was skeptical on this part, so that is the reason I had written "I think of business visa, as far as my knowledge goes." This statement was appropriate enough to express my skepticism. It was nowhere mentioned that I had solidity said that it was a confirmation from my side and I knew the thing. I had no intension to do that.

Moreover, everybody here has come to learn and there may be leaps and bounces in discussion, exceptions would always be there. If you quote someone, saying you are misguiding people, then that's not a good thing to do. At least correct them politely if you need to and respect the integrity of the person.

Last edited:

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
Thanks for correcting me on that part. But to your kind notice, frankly speaking, i was skeptical on this part, so that is the reason I had written "I think of business visa, as far as my knowledge goes." This statement was appropriate enough to express my skepticism. It was nowhere mentioned that I had solidity said that it was a confirmation from my side and I knew the thing. I had no intension to do that.

Moreover, everybody here has come to learn and there may be leaps and bounces in discussion, exceptions would always be there. If you quote someone, saying you are misguiding people, then that's not a good thing to do. At least correct them politely if you need to and respect the integrity of the person.
Tone is hard to convey via a message, but I think if you read my message again you'll see that I'm not calling you names or something, I simply stated a fact, and provided a link to an authoritative source to back up my statement.

So yeah, don't feel bad - I'm not trying to attack you and I am not trying to be rude.

DreamITA

Star Member
Apr 19, 2019
Tunisia
hey guys! i received an ITA on july 10th and i currently in the middle of getting my documents in order.
i've noticed that my husband's passport will expire in a bit less than six months. can i submit his passport and update it once i get it renewed ?

ruka

Apr 7, 2008
Visa Office......
Colombo, Sri Lanka
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10/02/2010 (old)
Doc's Request.
16/04/2010 (old)
AOR Received.
11/08/2010 (old)
File Transfer...
20/04/2010 (old)
Hi friends,

I heard, that we need to land within one year from the medicals. I might get ITA next week and would be doing the medicals in August.
SO my VISA would expire in august 2020.
I want be able to land in Canada till January 2021 as my son needs to complete one of his exams.

What do I have to do if I want to land after this expiry date. Can I get this extended. Please help.
Thanks

Rmv.18

Star Member
Jun 11, 2019
Freelance in itself is a business. As per Canadian guidelines it should be under self employed visa I think of business visa, as far as my knowledge goes. Express Entry is for skilled and qualified workers.

Moreover, if this can be shown a part time experience than a freelance one and the person compensates for the full time work in part time, then I think that would be more convenient enough to apply under Express Entry System.
I think it can be shown as a part time experience.But I am not sure which NOC code applies to it.

Rmv.18

Star Member
Jun 11, 2019
Please do not spread misinformation. You are not correct when you say "Self employed" people are not eligible for Express Entry.

Here is an authoritative source.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/express-entry/applications-received-on-after-january-1-2016-completeness-check.html

Read this part
if the applicant is self-employed, articles of incorporation or other evidence of business ownership, evidence of self-employment income and documentation from third-party individuals indicating the service provided along with payment details (self-declared main duties or affidavits are not acceptable proof of self-employed work experience).
Thanks for the info

VisaExperts

Star Member
Feb 28, 2019
I think it can be shown as a part time experience.But I am not sure which NOC code applies to it.
If you are showing it as a part time experience, make sure that you cover up the hours of work specified by the Canadian government. To level the full time exprience, an immigrant, to gain the Canada PR visa, has to work specific hours in part time.

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
Hi friends,

I heard, that we need to land within one year from the medicals. I might get ITA next week and would be doing the medicals in August.
I want be able to land in Canada till January 2021 as my son needs to complete one of his exams.

What do I have to do if I want to land after this expiry date. Can I get this extended. Please help.
Thanks
No, you cannot really get it extended. There are some very rare cases of people getting their medicals extended, but that's only in very serious cases, or if IRCC makes a mistake and takes a long time. If you ask for an extension for this reason 99% you will be refused. Don't make plans expecting an easy extension.

You know that you don't have to move here immediately right? You can come for a weekend and complete the landing and go back. Then you have about three years to move here for good. You can easily come before Jan 2021 for a few days and then head back, and finally move in Jan 2021 or later.

mdilushi

May 25, 2017
Nomination.....
None
IELTS Request
Overall 8
Hi friends,

Thanks
Unfortunately, to my knowledge there is no extension. You need to make at least a short landing before that date

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
If you are showing it as a part time experience, make sure that you cover up the hours of work specified by the Canadian government. To level the full time exprience, an immigrant, to gain the Canada PR visa, has to work specific hours in part time.
Ah, now I understand. You're here to market your visa business.