+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry Profile - Overall Score: 0

SoLiss

Oct 26, 2022
Hi there.
Have the same problem Score is 0
My family and I are in Canada, I'm 40, in Canada under CUAET with an open work permit, and have a job offer. CELPIP test (7,8,11,12), WES confirmed Master degree. But unfortunately, the application is tricky for me. I made 3 tries and now need Your advice.
Could you please help?

My application:
1. I add my Passport/travel document.
2. Immigration history and citizenships
Q:Has __ applied to Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada before?
A:Yes ( and add Unique Client Identifier (UCI))

Q: Has __applied for Express Entry before?
A: No (because I found here: https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/profile-ineligible-1st-time-applying-it-again-have-you-applied-for-express-entry-before.657968/ )

Q: Country(ies) of citizenship (required)
A: Country Ukraine

Q: Country of residence
A: Canada (We are here for more than 4 months)

Q: Number of a family and amount of money
A: 3 persons, 25000 CAD

Education History
I add only my highest diploma (Master's) but I have 2 bachelor's (economics and computer science) and one Master's degree(economics). I evaluated a bachelor's in computer science and a Master's in economics.

Q: Field of study (required)
A: Business/Commerce

Q: Language test taken (required)
A:CELPIP

Q: Language test version (required)
A: CELPIP-G

Occupations:

I think the problem is somewhere here
Q: Primary occupation (4 digit NOC Code) (required)
A: 2174

Q: Date ___ first became qualified to practice in this occupation
A: 2013 August (Since that time I started to work as middle developer

Q: Does ___ have a certificate of qualification from a Canadian province or territory?
A: No

Q: Does _____have a job offer in Canada?
A: yes

Q:Is this job offer for work that is: full-time, continuous and for at least one year?
(required)
A:yes

Q: Is this job offer for work that is non-seasonal? (required)

Q: Four digit NOC code (required)
A:2174

Q: Job title (required)
A: Senior programmer

Q: How many employers made this job offer? (required)
A: 1

Q: Is the employer any of the following (select all that apply): An embassy, consulate or high commission in Canada? (required)

Q: An employer on the list of ineligible employers with the Government of Canada? (required)

Q: Was a positive Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) issued for the job offer in Canada? (required)
A: No (Is this correct?)

Q:Is _____currently working in Canada? (required)

Q: Does _____have a valid work permit for the current job in Canada? (required)

Q: Is _____job offer from the employer named on the current work permit? (required)
A:No

Q: Has ____been working full-time for the employer on their current work permit for at least one year? (Or for an equal amount of part time work?) (required)

Q: Four digit NOC code of current work permit (required)

Q: Was a positive Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) issued for the current work permit? (required)

In "work history" wrote all job positions since August 2013
from 2013-08 to 2014-09 programmer (noc 2174)
from 2014-10 to 2015-07 Senior programmer (noc 2174)
from 2015-08 to 2016-09 Head of Development (noc 0211)
from 2016-10 to 2017-03 programmer (noc 2174)
from 2017-04 to 2017-12 programmer (noc 2174)
from 2018-01 to 2019-07 Senior research and development programmer (nco 2174)
from 2019-08 to 2021-07 Tech Lead programmer (noc 2174)
from 2021-08 to 2022-06 Cloud Architect (noc 2173)
from 2022-07 till now Senior programmer (noc 2174) - Canada

I was studying during my work at the university (my second bachelor's degree, but I was working full time at the same time, maybe I need to make a gap in my work experience for this time? But I didn't add the study time in my "Study and languages")

I'll really appreciate any suggestions on where did I make a mistake?
Thanks in advance.

SoLiss

Oct 26, 2022
Hi there.
Have the same problem Score is 0
My family and I are in Canada, I'm 40, in Canada under CUAET with an open work permit, and have a job offer. CELPIP test (7,8,11,12), WES confirmed Master degree. But unfortunately, the application is tricky for me. I made 3 tries and now need Your advice.
Could you please help?

My application:
1. I add my Passport/travel document.
A:Yes ( and add Unique Client Identifier (UCI))

A: No (because I found here: https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/profile-ineligible-1st-time-applying-it-again-have-you-applied-for-express-entry-before.657968/ )

A: Country Ukraine

A: Canada (We are here for more than 4 months)

A: 3 persons, 25000 CAD

Education History
I add only my highest diploma (Master's) but I have 2 bachelor's (economics and computer science) and one Master's degree(economics). I evaluated a bachelor's in computer science and a Master's in economics.

A: Business/Commerce

A:CELPIP

Q: Language test version (required)
A: CELPIP-G

Occupations:

I think the problem is somewhere here
Q: Primary occupation (4 digit NOC Code) (required)
A: 2174

Q: Date ___ first became qualified to practice in this occupation
A: 2013 August (Since that time I started to work as middle developer

Q: Does ___ have a certificate of qualification from a Canadian province or territory?

Q: Does _____have a job offer in Canada?

Q:Is this job offer for work that is: full-time, continuous and for at least one year?
(required)

Q: Is this job offer for work that is non-seasonal? (required)

Q: Four digit NOC code (required)

Q: Job title (required)
A: Senior programmer

Q: How many employers made this job offer? (required)
A: 1

Q: Is the employer any of the following (select all that apply): An embassy, consulate or high commission in Canada? (required)

Q: An employer on the list of ineligible employers with the Government of Canada? (required)

Q: Was a positive Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) issued for the job offer in Canada? (required)
A: No (Is this correct?)

Q:Is _____currently working in Canada? (required)

Q: Does _____have a valid work permit for the current job in Canada? (required)

Q: Is _____job offer from the employer named on the current work permit? (required)

Q: Has ____been working full-time for the employer on their current work permit for at least one year? (Or for an equal amount of part time work?) (required)

Q: Four digit NOC code of current work permit (required)

Q: Was a positive Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) issued for the current work permit? (required)

In "work history" wrote all job positions since August 2013
from 2013-08 to 2014-09 programmer (noc 2174)
from 2014-10 to 2015-07 Senior programmer (noc 2174)
from 2015-08 to 2016-09 Head of Development (noc 0211)
from 2016-10 to 2017-03 programmer (noc 2174)
from 2017-04 to 2017-12 programmer (noc 2174)
from 2018-01 to 2019-07 Senior research and development programmer (nco 2174)
from 2019-08 to 2021-07 Tech Lead programmer (noc 2174)
from 2021-08 to 2022-06 Cloud Architect (noc 2173)
from 2022-07 till now Senior programmer (noc 2174) - Canada

I was studying during my work at the university (my second bachelor's degree, but I was working full time at the same time, maybe I need to make a gap in my work experience for this time? But I didn't add the study time in my "Study and languages")

Thanks in advance.
The mystery is solved! The whole application was wrong.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Great you found the issues.

You should answer "no" to the job offer question. You can only claim these 50 points if your employer gets an approved LMIA.

YuvarajHere

Dec 15, 2022
Hi All.
Have the same problem CRS Score is 0
I live in Canada, I'm 29, in Canada under Post graduate open work permit, and have a valid job offer. IELTS- S-7, W-6-5, R-6, L-7-5, WES confirmed Bachelors degree(Four years). But unfortunately, the application is tricky for me. Shocked to see this and need your advice.
Could you please help?

My application:
1. I added my Passport/travel document.
A:Yes ( and added Unique Client Identifier (UCI))

A: Country India

A: Canada

A: 1 persons, 25000 CAD

Education History
I have added only my PGDM done in Canada and Bachelors done evaluated by WES and have a valid ECA report

A: Business(PGDM) and Computers(Bachelors)

A:IELTS (Taken Nov 2022)

The offer must:

• be for full-time and for at least one year
  • meet different requirements depending on type of job (i.e. some need apprenticeships and certification) and
  • be non-seasonal for Federal Skilled Workers.
(required)

Please select Yes No

Information about the job offer

Is this job offer for work that is:

• full-time
  • continuous and
  • for at least one year?
(required)

Please select Yes No

Is this job offer for work that is non-seasonal? (required)

Please select Yes No (Please confirm if this right as this is where I am unsure)

Five digit NOC code (required) Help - Five digit NOC code

11201 – Professional occupations in business management consulting

Job title (required) Help - Job title

SENIOR CONUSLTANT

Information about the employer or company

How many employers made this job offer? (required)

Please select 1

Is the employer any of the following (select all that apply):

An embassy, consulate or high commission in Canada? (required)

Please select Yes No

An employer on the list of ineligible employers with the Government of Canada? (required)

Please select Yes No

Employer or company name (required)

XXX

Was a positive Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) issued for the job offer in Canada? (required)

Please select Yes No

Is XXX currently working in Canada? (required)

Please select Yes No

Does XXX have a valid work permit for the current job in Canada? (required)

Please select Yes No -

My job does not require a work permit No - My job requires a valid work permit but I do not have one

Is XXX's job offer from the employer named on the current work permit? (required)

Please select Yes No

Has XXX been working full-time for the employer on their current work permit for at least one year? (Or for an equal amount of part time work?) (required)

Please select Yes No

NOC code of current work permit (required)

– Professional occupations in business management consulting

Was a positive Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) issued for the current work permit? (required) Help - Was a positive Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) issued for the current work permit?

Please select Yes No

In "work history" wrote foreign experience

From 2016-2019

Software engineer

21231-noc code

Thanks in advance.

SG9

May 15, 2021
Hi, could you let me know, how this is resolved? my profile is very similar to yours and i am too getting 0 points, but was expecting at least being eligible under FSW, I will be eligible for CEC in April 2023

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi, could you let me know, how this is resolved? my profile is very similar to yours and i am too getting 0 points, but was expecting at least being eligible under FSW, I will be eligible for CEC in April 2023
You have to post your full profile to solve the problem. You answer No to whether you have a job offer.

SG9

May 15, 2021
You have to post your full profile to solve the problem. You answer No to whether you have a job offer.
Intended work in Canada - form details
==========================

1) Does ... have a job offer in Canada?
Yes

2) The offer must be for full-time and for at least one year meet different requirements depending on type of job (i.e. some need apprenticeships and certification) and be non-seasonal for Federal Skilled Workers.(required)
Yes

3) Information about the job offer
Is this job offer for work that is full-time continuous and for at least one year? (required)
Yes

4) Is this job offer for work that is non-seasonal? (required)
Yes

5) Five digit NOC code (required)
20012 - Computer and information systems managers

6) Job title (required)
Software Development Manager

7) How many employers made this job offer? (required)

8) Is the employer any of the following (select all that apply):
No

9) An employer on the list of ineligible employers with the Government of Canada? (required)
No

10) Employer or company name (required) Help - Employer or company name
11) Contact address of employer or company (required) Help - Contact address of employer or company
12) Intended location of employment in Canada - Province or territory (required)
Ontario
13) City/town (required)
Toronto
14) Street address (required)

15) Information about the Labour Market Impact Assessment -
Was a positive Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) issued for the job offer in Canada? (required)
No

16) Is ..... currently working in Canada? (required)
Yes

17) Does have a valid work permit for the current job in Canada? (required) Help - Does have a valid work permit for the current job in Canada?
Yes

18) Is 's job offer from the employer named on the current work permit? (required)
Yes

19) Has been working full-time for the employer on their current work permit for at least one year? (Or for an equal amount of part time work?) (required) Help - Has been working full-time for the employer on their current work permit for at least one year? (Or for an equal amount of part time work?)
NO (Will gain 1 year experience end of march 2023)

20) NOC code of current work permit (required)

21) Was a positive Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) issued for the current work permit? (required) Help - Was a positive Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) issued for the current work permit?
NO (My work permit is exempt from an LMIA for other reasons and is employer-specific)

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Intended work in Canada - form details
==========================

1) Does ... have a job offer in Canada?
Yes

2) The offer must be for full-time and for at least one year meet different requirements depending on type of job (i.e. some need apprenticeships and certification) and be non-seasonal for Federal Skilled Workers.(required)
Yes

3) Information about the job offer
Is this job offer for work that is full-time continuous and for at least one year? (required)
Yes

4) Is this job offer for work that is non-seasonal? (required)
Yes

5) Five digit NOC code (required)

6) Job title (required)
Software Development Manager

7) How many employers made this job offer? (required)

8) Is the employer any of the following (select all that apply):
No

9) An employer on the list of ineligible employers with the Government of Canada? (required)
No

10) Employer or company name (required) Help - Employer or company name
11) Contact address of employer or company (required) Help - Contact address of employer or company
12) Intended location of employment in Canada - Province or territory (required)
Ontario
13) City/town (required)
Toronto
14) Street address (required)

15) Information about the Labour Market Impact Assessment -
No

16) Is ..... currently working in Canada? (required)
Yes

17) Does have a valid work permit for the current job in Canada? (required) Help - Does have a valid work permit for the current job in Canada?
Yes

18) Is 's job offer from the employer named on the current work permit? (required)
Yes

19) Has been working full-time for the employer on their current work permit for at least one year? (Or for an equal amount of part time work?) (required) Help - Has been working full-time for the employer on their current work permit for at least one year? (Or for an equal amount of part time work?)
NO (Will gain 1 year experience end of march 2023)

20) NOC code of current work permit (required)

21) Was a positive Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) issued for the current work permit? (required) Help - Was a positive Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) issued for the current work permit?
NO (My work permit is exempt from an LMIA for other reasons and is employer-specific)
Are on on a Lmia exempt permit? You can’t count your job offer until you have one year of Canadian experience.

Reactions: SG9

SG9

May 15, 2021
Are on on a Lmia exempt permit? You can’t count your job offer until you have one year of Canadian experience.
I am on LIMI Exempt work permit. Thank you indeed for the clear details. I will wait till end of march and will submit the profile only after gaining 1 year of canadian experience.

seze88

Jan 21, 2023
Here's the solution that worked for me..

Since you are hoping to qualify for just the FSW and not CEC.. pretend like you are applying from outside Canada and completely ignore your Canadian work experience since it's not up to a year and does not help your application anyways.

So answer "Do you have a valid Job offer" as "No" if you don't have an LMIA.. and then don't even include the Canadian work experience in the Work Experience section if it's not up to a year.. only foreign experience.

Reactions: SG9

SG9

May 15, 2021
Here's the solution that worked for me..

Since you are hoping to qualify for just the FSW and not CEC.. pretend like you are applying from outside Canada and completely ignore your Canadian work experience since it's not up to a year and does not help your application anyways.

So answer "Do you have a valid Job offer" as "No" if you don't have an LMIA.. and then don't even include the Canadian work experience in the Work Experience section if it's not up to a year.. only foreign experience.
Thank you for sharing your inputs. Will try the suggested way.

Braykhna Khan

Star Member
Jun 18, 2019
Hi guys,

the same is happening to me. I made like 4 profiles and every time it says I’m ineligible and gives me a zero 0 in everything.
However, I have my two year diploma from here, 1 year work experience, my siblings are Canadian citizens.
Can it be that I have 5.5 in reading band? Or is it okay to have below 6 in one band and other bands are above 6? Please let me know.
I just want to make the profile and need to apply for PNP. My ielts test is again in two weeks but I want to apply for PNP so obviously need to make the profile.
Please help me here.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi guys,

the same is happening to me. I made like 4 profiles and every time it says I’m ineligible and gives me a zero 0 in everything.
However, I have my two year diploma from here, 1 year work experience, my siblings are Canadian citizens.
Can it be that I have 5.5 in reading band? Or is it okay to have below 6 in one band and other bands are above 6? Please let me know.
I just want to make the profile and need to apply for PNP. My ielts test is again in two weeks but I want to apply for PNP so obviously need to make the profile.
Please help me here.
What TEER of job? Need your full profile?

Braykhna Khan

Star Member
Jun 18, 2019
You need 67 eligibility points. Do you have that? You need CLB 7 in all bands so not eligible with 5.5.
I have 5.5 in reading in IELTS. Not CLB. Yes, of course I qualify for the minimum points. My education is from here with work experience. Plus siblings points also include along with a job offer.
So what am I doing wrong?

Braykhna Khan

Star Member
Jun 18, 2019
I have 5.5 in reading in IELTS. Not CLB. Yes, of course I qualify for the minimum points. My education is from here with work experience. Plus siblings points also include along with a job offer.
So what am I doing wrong?
Is it because I need to score above 6 in each band in IELTS?