+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry Profile - Overall Score: 0

mustafa_f

Jul 13, 2023
Hi everyone,

As my EE profile was also found ineligible and I got ZERO for all sections of EE, I would need your support to answer several questions:

1) Even if I have a postgraduate degree in Canada, do I still need an ECA for my Bachelor's degree. And could the fact that I did not do an ECA lead to the ZERO SCORE in EE?

2) As of now, I have applied for PGWP and it is still in process, plus I am working. During EE application, there was kind of similar question to the following: Do you have a work permit to work at the job? I said yes, but was not sure what to answer. Should I answer as I have a work permit (which is still in process), or should I say I don't? Because if I say I don't have a WP, wouldn't it sound like working illegally?

3) Could the fact that I have applied for PGWP prevent from applying for EE at the same time?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi everyone,

As my EE profile was also found ineligible and I got ZERO for all sections of EE, I would need your support to answer several questions:

1) Even if I have a postgraduate degree in Canada, do I still need an ECA for my Bachelor's degree. And could the fact that I did not do an ECA lead to the ZERO SCORE in EE?

2) As of now, I have applied for PGWP and it is still in process, plus I am working. During EE application, there was kind of similar question to the following: Do you have a work permit to work at the job? I said yes, but was not sure what to answer. Should I answer as I have a work permit (which is still in process), or should I say I don't? Because if I say I don't have a WP, wouldn't it sound like working illegally?

3) Could the fact that I have applied for PGWP prevent from applying for EE at the same time?
To be eligible of EE-FSW, you need 67 points. Do you have 67 points without an ECA for your degree? Probably not. What are your IELTS scores? You answer NO to work permit because you don’t have a LMIA.

mustafa_f

Jul 13, 2023
To be eligible of EE-FSW, you need 67 points. Do you have 67 points without an ECA for your degree? Probably not. What are your IELTS scores? You answer NO to work permit because you don’t have a LMIA.
Thank you for your prompt reply. Now I understand that first I need to be eligible for one of the 3 EE programs, where in my case I could only be eligible for FSW. Yet, I checked my points (64) without a job offer. I think I would need to wait one more

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Thank you for your prompt reply. Now I understand that first I need to be eligible for one of the 3 EE programs, where in my case I could only be eligible for FSW. Yet, I checked my points (64) without a job offer. I think I would need to wait one more
64 is not enough for a profile. If you get ECA for bachelors then probably you have enough.

Reactions: scylla

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I filled up the IRCC form. FSW I believe. Then I got a letter of ineligibility.
So you need 67 points to be eligible. If you don’t have one year of continuous, full-time, skilled work experience then you are not eligible. Zero points. What are your IELTS scores, ECA, age? Do you have a year of experience?

haroldn

Sep 7, 2023
67 points of? in canada, work experience is 6 months.
Can i check the 67 requirement through CRS IRCC site?

celpip lowest is 8
ECA - 2yr university Canada education equivalent

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
67 points of? in canada, work experience is 6 months.
celpip lowest is 8
ECA - 2yr university Canada education equivalent
So you need a year of experience to be eligible for CEC (with Canadian experience) or FSW (foreign experience). Once you have a year of Canadian experience then submit a profile. The link is the CEC eligibility requirements.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/eligibility/canadian-experience-class.html

haroldn

Sep 7, 2023
So you need a year of experience to be eligible for CEC (with Canadian experience) or FSW (foreign experience). Once you have a year of Canadian experience then submit a profile. The link is the CEC eligibility requirements.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/eligibility/canadian-experience-class.html
Thank you!!
which route is faster processing or better?

i have more than 10 years of teer0 work experience outside Canada.

CEC or FSW?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
so if less than a year, automatic 0 score? it doesn't really explain why it gave a 0 score.
Yes, automatic zero if you don't have a year of work experience. This means you don't meet the basic criteria.

Reactions: haroldn

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Thank you!!
which route is faster processing or better?

i have more than 10 years of teer0 work experience outside Canada.

CEC or FSW?
Are you eligible for FSW with 67 points. Check the IRCC website. You need proof of employment. If eligible then calculate your CRS score.

Reactions: haroldn