+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry Profile - Overall Score: 0

ikhouri

Jun 13, 2018
Good Day, I created this thread hoping someone could help.

I created and submitted my Express Entry Application twice and the overall score showed as 0. All the scores for the breakdown criteria were also empty. As if no score was calculated at all. Therefore, I received a “Not Eligible For Express Entry” message twice.

Based on the CRS calculator, I should be having 477 points.

Has this happened to anyone before? Could it be just a technical problem?

primaprime

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2019
You probably don't meet the basic eligibility requirements for any of the Express Entry streams or entered information incorrectly, which is why your profile defaults to zero. It should tell you why. Don't keep trying to create new profiles.

Are your language test scores and ECA valid? Do you have at least a year of skilled work experience?

ikhouri

Jun 13, 2018
You probably don't meet the basic eligibility requirements for any of the Express Entry streams, which is why your profile defaults to zero. It should tell you why. Don't keep trying to create new profiles.

For FSW, do you have 67 points on this grid? (It's separate from your CRS score.)

Are your language test scores and ECA valid? Do you have at least a year of skilled work experience?
That’s not possible. I studied for one year in Canada and worked for one year, and I am currently residing in Canada. I should be eligible for CEC.

The following were possible reasons on the letter:

not having a valid language test, I have an IELTS
language test results that are more than two years old, dated November 2019
a language test score that is too low, (score 7.5, Score of 7+ on each section)
not having enough relevant work experience, I have one full year of experience in Canada Jun 19- Jun 20
not having the required education level, I have a 4 years Bachelor’s from back home - evaluated and approved by WES
not having enough funds.
Funds shouldn’t matter for CEC

I can’t prove my work experience back home in terms of funds, so I just selected “No” for foreign work experience. I didn’t think this could be a problem for CEC.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
That’s not possible. I studied for one year in Canada and worked for one year, and I am currently residing in Canada. I should be eligible for CEC.

The following were possible reasons on the letter:

not having a valid language test, I have an IELTS
a language test score that is too low, (score 7.5, Score of 7+ on each section)
not having enough relevant work experience, I have one full year of experience in Canada Jun 19- Jun 20
not having the required education level, I have a 4 years Bachelor’s from back home - evaluated and approved by WES
not having enough funds.
Funds shouldn’t matter for CEC

I can’t prove my work experience back home in terms of funds, so I just selected “No” for foreign work experience. I didn’t think this could be a problem for CEC.
You must be answering something incorrectly. It's hard for us to guess without knowing what you have answered to each question.

How old are you? Do you have any work experience from outside of Canada?

ikhouri

Jun 13, 2018
You must be answering something incorrectly. It's hard for us to guess without knowing what you have answered to each question.

How old are you? Do you have any work experience from outside of Canada?
The next time I submitted the application I was extra careful. I am sure I submitted the correct information.

I am 28, and I selected “No” for foreign work experience because I cannot prove that I was getting paid. I am targeting CEC not FSW.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
The next time I submitted the application I was extra careful. I am sure I submitted the correct information.

I am 28, and I selected “No” for foreign work experience because I cannot prove that I was getting paid. I am targeting CEC not FSW.
We can't really help you if we don't know what you answered to each question.

What were your individual 4 IELTS scores across the four categories?

When people have issues with their Express Entry profile, it's pretty much always due to a wrong answer that invalidates their profile.

ikhouri

Jun 13, 2018
We can't really help you if we don't know what you answered to each question.

What were your individual 4 IELTS scores across the four categories?

When people have issues with their Express Entry profile, it's pretty much always due to a wrong answer that invalidates their profile.
My individual IELTS scores were 7, 7.5, 7.5, 7.5. Total Score: 7.5

These were the “possible” reasons mentioned on the ineligibility letter, and I don’t seem to have a problem in any of them:

not having a valid language test, I have a valid IELTS test
a language test score that is too low, Overall score 7.5, Score of 7+ on each section
not having enough funds. Funds shouldn’t matter for CEC

I don’t know what could the problem be as I have given the same answers I gave on the CRS calculator, which gave me a 477 score.

Islander216

Champion Member
Nov 27, 2019

Just FYI, the main thing is getting a work reference for your foreign work experience, not necessarily showing that you got paid, especially if you are applying under CEC because you don't need to show proof of funds. If you can get a work reference required you can add this work experience to your application, and claim points for it. If you don't need the points then you can just list it under your personal history.

As for why it's miscalculating, it's hard for us to know, i've tried helping others with this type of issue before and it's tough because you don't know exactly what they've put, whether they've listed the information correctly, and so on.

All we can really do is guess.

When you look at the summary of your profile, does it show that your eligibility is met for CEC?

ikhouri

Jun 13, 2018
Just FYI, the main thing is getting a work reference for your foreign work experience, not necessarily showing that you got paid, especially if you are applying under CEC because you don't need to show proof of funds. If you can get a work reference required you can add this work experience to your application.

As for why it's miscalculating, it's hard for us to know, i've tried helping others with this type of issue and it's tough because you don't know exactly what they've put, whether they've listed the information correctly, and so on.

All we can really do is guess.

When you look at the summary of your profile, does it show that your elligibility is met for CEC?
This is good to know, thank you. I will probably add my experience from back home if only an experience letter is required. But would it be a problem if the job NOC of what I worked over there differs from the NOC I am choosing for my 1 year work in Canada?

My profile summary shows I haven’t met any of the programs. The entire criteria breakdown is empty, which is really strange.

Islander216

Champion Member
Nov 27, 2019
This is good to know, thank you. I will probably add my experience from back home if only an experience letter is required. But would it be a problem if the job NOC of what I worked over there differs from the NOC I am choosing for my 1 year work in Canada?

My profile summary shows I haven’t met any of the programs. The entire criteria breakdown is empty, which is really strange.
No, you can aggregate work experience earned in other NOCs in your application.

I would troubleshoot in the following order:

1.) Verify my ECA and IELTS reference numbers are correctly inputted.
2.) Check information listed in language rest results, education and work experience, has everything been selected properly? Any conflicts in time period, any drop down menus incorrectly selected?
3.) Check if all parts of the application meets with the CEC criteria: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/eligibility/canadian-experience-class.html

In particular, check your work experience, i.e. time period equals 12 months, number of hours meets full time threshold, and verify if you've selected the correct NOC.

ikhouri

Jun 13, 2018
No, you can aggregate work experience earned in other NOCs in your application.

I would troubleshoot in the following order:

1.) Verify my ECA and IELTS reference numbers are correctly inputted.
2.) Check information listed in language rest results, education and work experience, has everything been selected properly? Any conflicts in time period, any drop down menus incorrectly selected?
3.) Check if all parts of the application meets with the CEC criteria: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/eligibility/canadian-experience-class.html

In particular, check your work experience, i.e. time period equals 12 months, number of hours meets full time threshold, and verify if you've selected the correct NOC.
All information I input are correct. I verified them twice. I am trying now to brainstorm and think of reasons of my ineligibility.

Could it be because I chose a managerial NOC (0711 - Construction Managers), and yet showed no previous work experience? But yet again why would this matter for CEC?

I have selected that I have 1 year of work experience in Canada, and filled all the information which, according to the CRC calculator, should give me a total score of 477.

ikhouri

Jun 13, 2018
That seems like it's the reason.

Why would you select an NOC if you have no prior work experience in it?
I was told that in CEC, previous experience doesn’t matter. So I was mainly focusing on the eligibility requirements of a CEC application.

I chose this NOC because I went through a career advancement. Back home I was a Junior Architect. I studied Design Management in Canada and now I’m working as Construction Project Coordinator (which falls under NOC 0711).

Islander216

Champion Member
Nov 27, 2019
Is your work experience in Canada which you've claimed for the 1 year eligibility for CEC, the same NOC as the one you're claiming (NOC 0711)?

If not, change it to that just to see if your eligibility is met.

ikhouri

Jun 13, 2018
Is your work experience in Canada which you've claimed for the 1 year eligibility for CEC, the same NOC as the one you're claiming (NOC 0711)?

If not, change it to that just to see if your eligibility is met.
Yes, my one year of work in Canada applies for NOC 0711. There’s no other NOC that fits my duties more than this one. I just thought it could be a system default action to give an application a score of zero if they chose a ( 0 ) NOC and not show any previous experience.

Do you think the problem could be related to the date my PGWP was issued? I applied for it on June 29th, 2019 but it was issued on October 23rd, 2019. Yet again, I was told I complete a year of work experience from the date I apply for the Work Permit - not the date it was issued.

Thank you for taking the time to respond to my messages. It’s just really stressful on my end dealing with a problem and not be able to figure out the solution.