+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry Profile - Overall Score: 0

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Ok.
I have a diploma it’s just through a trade qualification rather than university. Are you saying unless I have a diploma that can get a ECA I have no way of applying through any program. I have a business here and 2 small children. I don’t want to go on a work permit with no guarantee of PR. So my chances are slim to none?
You still need a LMIA so then apply for a closed work permit. That all needs to be approved first. Will it lead to PR if you have one year of Canadian work experience...there is no guarantee because it will depend on your CRS score (whether your score is selected) for EE or if Manitoba nominates you.

Johnnyrhymes

Aug 19, 2022
Hello Everyone,

I have been trying to create an EE profile and I have been found ineligible after the third trial. I have a valid IELTS (L - 7, R- 6, W- 6.5, S- 7.5), ECA and bachelor’s degree in Mathematics. Also, I have a job experience of about 6+ years.1 year experience in the first organisation and 5 years experience with three different roles in the 2nd organisation.

First Organisation: 2015 - 2016 (Teaching Assistant, NOC 4413). 2nd Organisation: 2016 - 2020 (Secondary Mathematics Teacher (2016 -2018) and Head of Mathematics department (2018 - 2020)... all NOC 4013). Then switched role in the same organisation. (Data Analytics consultant and Instructor (2020 till date).

Answering the question, in the last ten years, how many years of work experience do you have. I chose 6+ years, i.e (2015 -present), giving me a score of 67/100, which made me eligible to open an EE profile.

I still don't know why I was found ineligible by the system. My current Job of 2 years which my application will be based on is my primary NOC while the rest from 2015 - 2018 were also included in the Job history. All jobs falling in the same NOC A category.

After doing the needful, I received a message the from the next day to check my profile. I had 0 score throughout and was found ineligible.

Please, help me.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hello Everyone,

I have been trying to create an EE profile and I have been found ineligible after the third trial. I have a valid IELTS (L - 7, R- 6, W- 6.5, S- 7.5), ECA and bachelor’s degree in Mathematics. Also, I have a job experience of about 6+ years.1 year experience in the first organisation and 5 years experience with three different roles in the 2nd organisation.

First Organisation: 2015 - 2016 (Teaching Assistant, NOC 4413). 2nd Organisation: 2016 - 2020 (Secondary Mathematics Teacher (2016 -2018) and Head of Mathematics department (2018 - 2020)... all NOC 4013). Then switched role in the same organisation. (Data Analytics consultant and Instructor (2020 till date).

Answering the question, in the last ten years, how many years of work experience do you have. I chose 6+ years, i.e (2015 -present), giving me a score of 67/100, which made me eligible to open an EE profile.

I still don't know why I was found ineligible by the system. My current Job of 2 years which my application will be based on is my primary NOC while the rest from 2015 - 2018 were also included in the Job history. All jobs falling in the same NOC A category.

After doing the needful, I received a message the from the next day to check my profile. I had 0 score throughout and was found ineligible.

Please, help me.
How old are you? Is all your experience full-time? Do you have at least one year of continuous, skilled, full-time experience (no breaks)?

Johnnyrhymes

Aug 19, 2022
How old are you? Is all your experience full-time? Do you have at least one year of continuous, skilled, full-time experience (no breaks)?
I'm 28 years old. Yes, they are all full time, no breaks in between (at least 38 hours per week) from 2015 - date.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I'm 28 years old. Yes, they are all full time, no breaks in between (at least 38 hours per week) from 2015 - date.
Do you have at least one year of conitnous work experience in one single NOC? Have you selected this NOC as your primary NOC?

Reactions: Naturgrl

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
H All, I am also facing sane issue, my score is around 350 but after submission it is showing Crs 0, pl guide
Do you have at least 67 points under the FSW point system? Do you have valid IELTS? Have you done ECA? Do you have at least one year of continuous work experience in a single skilled NOC? Do you have enough POF?

Johnnyrhymes

Aug 19, 2022
Do you have at least one year of conitnous work experience in one single NOC? Have you selected this NOC as your primary NOC?
Yes, just as I earlier stated. I have work experience in two different NOC's in a single organisation. The first one (NOC 4031) is from 2016 - 2020, while the 2nd one (NOC 2171) is from 2020-2022. I chose the second one as my primary NOC.

Could it be that I am the one mixing things up, choosing the second one (2 years experience) as my primary NOC, on which my profile will be based?... Because why filling the eligibility profile, I picked 6+ years as my total work experience.

Can you please elaborate more on this?
How many years of work experience am I supposed to pick if the second work experience is chosen as my primary NOC.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Yes, just as I earlier stated. I have work experience in two different NOC's in a single organisation. The first one (NOC 4031) is from 2016 - 2020, while the 2nd one (NOC 2171) is from 2020-2022. I chose the second one as my primary NOC.

Could it be that I am the one mixing things up, choosing the second one (2 years experience) as my primary NOC, on which my profile will be based?... Because why filling the eligibility profile, I picked 6+ years as my total work experience.

How many years of work experience am I supposed to pick if the second work experience is chosen as my primary NOC.
You must be answering a question incorrectly - no job, no certification. Your ECA is valid with bachelor‘s equivalaency? It may be that you have 5 years in total and not 6 years once you state all your jobs.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010

You can choose the second one as your primary NOC. This is not the issue.

There's one or more questions you are answering incorrectly if you are getting a score of zero. You need to read each question carefully and then check every response. There's an error on your end somewhere. Hard for any of us to guess what that is. We gave you a few things to check. Ultimately you need to go through your responses carefully.

Johnnyrhymes

Aug 19, 2022
You must be answering a question incorrectly - no job, no certification. Your ECA is valid with bachelor‘s equivalaency? It may be that you have 5 years in total and not 6 years once you state all your jobs.
Yes, my ECA comes with a Canadian bachelor’s degree equivalency. For my work experience, It's 6+ years actually.
I worked in Company A for 1 year (2015 - 2016) and have been working in company B for since 2016 (2 different roles, NOC 4013 and NOC 2171).

I guess I am correct when I chose 6+ years of continuous work experience in the last 10 years?.

Maybe, I'll try again and keep you guys posted.

Johnnyrhymes

Aug 19, 2022
You can choose the second one as your primary NOC. This is not the issue.

There's one or more questions you are answering incorrectly if you are getting a score of zero. You need to read each question carefully and then check every response. There's an error on your end somewhere. Hard for any of us to guess what that is. We gave you a few things to check. Ultimately you need to go through your responses carefully.
Ok. Thanks a lot
I will give it another trial.

Please, I have one more question. Not related to my first question.

What if a person leaves his 6+ experience Job to study for a year for an M.Sc degree to improve his CRS score. Assuming the person got a new Job immediately after his degree and say after one year of working he applies for EE... How many years of work experience would the person be required to choose? (note: everything was done within the last ten years?)

Taran D

VIP Member
Oct 1, 2020
Ok. Thanks a lot
I will give it another trial.

Please, I have one more question. Not related to my first question.

What if a person leaves his 6+ experience Job to study for a year for an M.Sc degree to improve his CRS score. Assuming the person got a new Job immediately after his degree and say after one year of working he applies for EE... How many years of work experience would the person be required to choose? (note: everything was done within the last ten years?)
1 year, 30 hours per week.

Johnnyrhymes

Aug 19, 2022
1 year, 30 hours per week.
Ok. But what if I want to apply for EE few months after getting my M.Sc degree, without gainfully employed, ECA done and a very good IELTS band score. Can I use my previous employment that I left before my M.Sc program as a continuous work experience in the last ten years as far as I have a work reference letter and other documents to prove my employment or I'll have to wait to get a Job before applying for EE?

I read about a business analyst who left his Job to start his own company. Here's an excerpt...
"I used to work as a Business Analyst for 5 years. Over the last 3 years, I started my own company. But, I filed for PR under Business Analyst NOC code and I was awarded points for the 5 years I worked as that".

Nish23

Oct 19, 2021
Hey all

My 2-year work experience will be done in September. So do I have to update anything in my express entry profile to get those extra points, or will it automatically update as they know from which month I started?

Will appreciate your help.
Thank You.