+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry Profile - Overall Score: 0

Elland_0704

Aug 1, 2022
Hi All, I have the same issue as everyone else seems to have. I have entered 3 profiles, all come back within 2 minutes, no longer eligible. I did one on a different computer but all through google chrome as when I tried to do it on Safari it kept looping back to the language selection page.
I have more than enough funds, scored, 9, 9, 8.5 & 7 in IELTS which I did only this May. I have a job offer but am waiting to LMIA. I have a Diploma but it's a trade qualification so I cannot get an ECA through WES but the trade is NOC cat B which I have 15 years experience in and this is the NOC that my job offer is in. I am 32 years old. Could someone maybe give me some advise. I have an Uncle also living there. Thanks in advance.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi All, I have the same issue as everyone else seems to have. I have entered 3 profiles, all come back within 2 minutes, no longer eligible. I did one on a different computer but all through google chrome as when I tried to do it on Safari it kept looping back to the language selection page.
I have more than enough funds, scored, 9, 9, 8.5 & 7 in IELTS which I did only this May. I have a job offer but am waiting to LMIA. I have a Diploma but it's a trade qualification so I cannot get an ECA through WES but the trade is NOC cat B which I have 15 years experience in and this is the NOC that my job offer is in. I am 32 years old. Could someone maybe give me some advise. I have an Uncle also living there. Thanks in advance.
If you don’t have an ECA then you are not eligible. Without an ECA you will not have 67 eligibility points. It is a mandatory document to submit a profile.

Reactions: scylla

Elland_0704

Aug 1, 2022
If you don’t have an ECA then you are not eligible. Without an ECA you will not have 67 eligibility points. It is a mandatory document to submit a profile.
Is there somewhere I can get ECA for my trade diploma? Am I right in thinking because I only finished school in England and got my GCSE’s they wouldn’t be worth doing as don’t even equal finishing Canadian high school?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Is there somewhere I can get ECA for my trade diploma? Am I right in thinking because I only finished school in England and got my GCSE’s they wouldn’t be worth doing as don’t even equal finishing Canadian high school?
You have to check with the other organizations if WES will not evaluate it. As for GCSE, not familiar, but if it equivalent to secondary then no point plus still don’t think you would be elgibile with min. 67 points. Best path may be to wait for LMIA and then apply for a closed work permit. However, you still want education evaluated for immigration purposes.

Elland_0704

Aug 1, 2022
So apparently you cannot apply through FSW without ECA and nowhere assesses trade. But can through FST. But it all looks like the same forms to me. Or is there something else I need to be ticking. For example when it says research into qualifications do I need to have ticked most of those boxes?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
So apparently you cannot apply through FSW without ECA and nowhere assesses trade. But can through FST. But it all looks like the same forms to me. Or is there something else I need to be ticking. For example when it says research into qualifications do I need to have ticked most of those boxes?
What is your NOC? You don't need education but last open draw was 540 CRS score. Hasn't been a lone FST draw in 3 years. To be eligible for FST, you need the LMIA.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi.

Funeral director. 6346 I think without looking. Ok LMIA been applied for but not granted yet
So you are not eligible for FST as it is not a trade. Trades are apprenticeship programs - electrician, plumbing.

Skilled trades for the Federal Skilled Trades Program are organized under these groups of the National Occupational Classification (NOC):

• Major Group 72, industrial, electrical and construction trades
  • Major Group 73, maintenance and equipment operation trades
  • Major Group 82, supervisors and technical jobs in natural resources, agriculture and related production
  • Major Group 92, processing, manufacturing and utilities supervisors and central control operators
  • Minor Group 632, chefs and cooks
  • Minor Group 633, butchers and bakers
You are only eligible for FSW so you need ECA. Your only option is to get an approved LMIA and then apply for a closed work permit. Then you can work in Canada but that doesn't mean you are eligible for PR. Look at the PNP program for where you are moving to and see if you are eligible through other streams.

Elland_0704

Aug 1, 2022
So is it worth me sending my GCSES and just selecting the lowest when it asks about education? Or would I still not be eligible with just my school results?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
So is it worth me sending my GCSES and just selecting the lowest when it asks about education? Or would I still not be eligible with just my school results?
You must have an ECA for EE-FSW so you need it done. You will not be eligible for EE until you have ECA and approved LMIA. This doesn't allow you to work in Canada as your CRS score will be too low. You will need a closed work permit. Or look at eligibility for PNP.

Elland_0704

Aug 1, 2022
What program and how many points? Do you have an approved recruitment letter/letter of invitation?
FSW through Manitoba PNP or is there a different one I should be going through. I haven’t received anything other than a letter confirming they got my EOI

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
FSW through Manitoba PNP or is there a different one I should be going through. I haven’t received anything other than a letter confirming they got my EOI
But what stream? Don’t think you are eligible. Manitoba has specific requirements and it’s own points system. To be eligible, you need at least one year post secondary and an Invitation to Apply received directly from the MPNP as part of a Strategic Recruitment Initiative.

The MPNP for Skilled Workers regularly issues Invitations to Apply to qualified candidates who are identified as part of one of our Strategic Recruitment initiatives in Manitoba and overseas. Issuance of an Invitation to Apply is at the sole discretion of the MPNP and applicants cannot self-select for eligibility with this connection to our province.

Required documents

To apply to the MPNP with the connection of Manitoba Invitation, you must upload in MPNP Online the Letter of Invitation you received directly from the MPNP after being interviewed by a program officer during a recruitment mission or exploratory visit.

https://immigratemanitoba.com/immigrate-to-manitoba/mpnp-renewal/renewed-swo/

Elland_0704

Aug 1, 2022
Ok.
I have a diploma it’s just through a trade qualification rather than university. Are you saying unless I have a diploma that can get a ECA I have no way of applying through any program. I have a business here and 2 small children. I don’t want to go on a work permit with no guarantee of PR. So my chances are slim to none?