+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry in a nutshell

tengmanila

Jan 30, 2016
rajkamalmohanram said:
Yes. Unless you are eligible for CEC or you have a LMIA backed job offer, you need to show POF.
Thanks RAJ. This totally destroyed my assumption.

I thought, since I can't afford the Student Visa requirements (tuition+POF), I'll go for Provincial Nomination (even if its slower). If Pronvincial Nomination also required a POF, then it is only around 15k CAD cheaper, 15CAD being the usual annual tuition.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
tengmanila said:
Thanks RAJ. This totally destroyed my assumption.

I thought, since I can't afford the Student Visa requirements (tuition+POF), I'll go for Provincial Nomination (even if its slower). If Pronvincial Nomination also required a POF, then it is only around 15k CAD cheaper, 15CAD being the usual annual tuition.
The tuition fee for Permanent Residents is way less when compared to the fee for foreign students.

Having said that, the POF requirement for a single applicant is 12164 CAD.

Link ---> http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/funds.asp

You need to show these funds for the PR application. If your scores are not sufficient enough (the scores haven't gone below 450; if you have 460+ - you might get an ITA very, very soon), then you might have to secure a PNP. It is the same amount of funds you show for both your PNP and your PR application (It is not 12164+12164 - just to clear it for you).

I would suggest you to consider continuing your higher studies after becoming a PR since that would save you a lot of tuition fee.

If you have any further questions, feel free to post them here!

Good luck and all the very best!

MeltingPot

Jan 27, 2016
Hi Raj, Stanlee,

Based on my understanding of the previous posts, a CRS score of 400 to 450 is not an assurance that you'll get an ITA. Is this assumption correct?

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
MeltingPot said:
Hi Raj, Stanlee,

Based on my understanding of the previous posts, a CRS score of 400 to 450 is not an assurance that you'll get an ITA. Is this assumption correct?
Considering the trend, yes you are correct, there is no guarantee that scores may come down, BUT who knows. If I had been waiting for an ITA at 451 (in October), I would have been still waiting, but I chose to go ahead with OINP. :)

tengmanila

Jan 30, 2016
rajkamalmohanram said:
The tuition fee for Permanent Residents is way less when compared to the fee for foreign students.

Having said that, the POF requirement for a single applicant is 12164 CAD.

Link ---> http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/funds.asp

You need to show these funds for the PR application. If your scores are not sufficient enough (the scores haven't gone below 450; if you have 460+ - you might get an ITA very, very soon), then you might have to secure a PNP. It is the same amount of funds you show for both your PNP and your PR application (It is not 12164+12164 - just to clear it for you).

I would suggest you to consider continuing your higher studies after becoming a PR since that would save you a lot of tuition fee.

If you have any further questions, feel free to post them here!

Good luck and all the very best!
Thank you. Your manner of explaining things are really effective.

I was aiming for direct PR via my CRS score, but I can only attain 441 so far (max IELTS), so I thought of going for Ontario Nomination. Unfortunately, my 5-year Engg degree was assessed by WES as a 3-year diploma, hence I don't qualify for Ontario Nomination (I am coordinating this issue with WES and CIC now). This is why I am considering going for the 'Student path'. I only want to stay in Ontario, btw.

Feel free to tell me what you think.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
tengmanila said:
Thank you. Your manner of explaining things are really effective.

I was aiming for direct PR via my CRS score, but I can only attain 441 so far (max IELTS), so I thought of going for Ontario Nomination. Unfortunately, my 5-year Engg degree was assessed by WES as a 3-year diploma, hence I don't qualify for Ontario Nomination (I am coordinating this issue with WES and CIC now). This is why I am considering going for the 'Student path'. I only want to stay in Ontario, btw.

Feel free to tell me what you think.
WES evaluations are sometimes really weird. Talk to them and sort this thing out. Meanwhile, check the equivalency tools on other ECA providers (link below).

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/assessment.asp

If you get your degree evaluated as at least a "Bachelors", you are eligible for OINP. Otherwise, from a PR application standpoint, you will have to try applying to some other province (Nova Scotia, Saskatchewan, PEI).

Check the below link ---> http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/express-entry-in-a-nutshell-t394158.0.html;msg4958217#msg4958217

sam1181

Star Member
Dec 12, 2015
Hi Raj,

I have a query regarding PCC.

- I am currently living in Singapore. My spouse went back to India in the month of Jan. we got ITA on 27th Jan.
To speed up the documentation, we decided to get PCC for India and Singapore done from Singapore for me and my spouse.
For that she came to Singapore. Now the queries are:

1. Her Singapore PCC has end date as 3rd Feb 2016 whereas she travelled back to India on 12th Feb 2016.
Will CIC raise any concern on the last day since she was in Singapore till 12th Feb.

2. Is there any concern CIC can raise on India PCC, as she again travelled back to India and which is her current residence?

Thanks

techie007

Star Member
Sep 23, 2015
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
15-12-2017
Doc's Request.
21-12-2017
Nomination.....
29-12-2017
AOR Received.
22-02-2018
Med's Request
10-01-2018
Med's Done....
01-03-2018
Passport Req..
04-06-2018
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2018
Hello Raj,

Thank you for the useful post. I wanted to know if the experience letters from the previous employers are different from reference letters? Because the experience letters states what I was working as with the company, from and to dates which would be on a company letter head with authorized signatory. Also, one of my previous employer has shutdown the company :eek:. However, I do have the offer letter and the experience letter with me. So what do I do in this case? I hope the experience will be considered since it was almost for 2 years. :-X

Please assist.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
techie007 said:
Hello Raj,

Thank you for the useful post. I wanted to know if the experience letters from the previous employers are different from reference letters? Because the experience letters states what I was working as with the company, from and to dates which would be on a company letter head with authorized signatory. Also, one of my previous employer has shutdown the company :eek:. However, I do have the offer letter and the experience letter with me. So what do I do in this case? I hope the experience will be considered since it was almost for 2 years. :-X

Please assist.
You need to provide reference letters only for the jobs that you are claiming points for. You will mention only these jobs in the Work History section. All the other jobs (for which you are not claiming points for) can be retained in the personal history section alone. This way, you will be prompted to submit reference letters only for that jobs that you are claiming points for.

Having said that, if the business (the job for which you are claiming points for) is closed, you can contact your ex-colleagues and ask them to provide a letter. Get this letter notarized. Along with this letter, you can submit whatever documentation you can to prove that you were employed there but be aware that if you are claiming points for a job, you MUST provide a reference letter.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
sam1181 said:
Hi Raj,

I have a query regarding PCC.

- I am currently living in Singapore. My spouse went back to India in the month of Jan. we got ITA on 27th Jan.
To speed up the documentation, we decided to get PCC for India and Singapore done from Singapore for me and my spouse.
For that she came to Singapore. Now the queries are:

1. Her Singapore PCC has end date as 3rd Feb 2016 whereas she travelled back to India on 12th Feb 2016.
Will CIC raise any concern on the last day since she was in Singapore till 12th Feb.

2. Is there any concern CIC can raise on India PCC, as she again travelled back to India and which is her current residence?

Thanks
1) For the country of her current residence, she can submit a PCC that is not 6 months old. Its okay if there are international travels after getting the PCC.

2) For any other foreign country where she might have stayed for 6 or more months, as per the verbiage on the IRCC website, the PCC must have been issued after the last visit. So, there might be a problem here.

Check this ---> http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/intro.asp

In general, you and all the people in your family who are 18 or older need to get a police certificate. You must get one from each country or territory where you have lived for six or more months in a row since the age of 18. (For example, if you lived in a country for eight months but left on a two-week vacation, that counts as living there for eight months.)

For the country you currently live in, the police certificate must be issued no more than six months before you apply.

For countries where you have lived for six months or more, the police certificate must be issued after the last time you lived in that country.

If your certificate is in a language other than English or French, send it when you apply, along with the original copy of a translation done by a certified translator.

sam1181

Star Member
Dec 12, 2015
rajkamalmohanram said:
1) For the country of her current residence, she can submit a PCC that is not 6 months old. Its okay if there are international travels after getting the PCC.

2) For any other foreign country where she might have stayed for 6 or more months, as per the verbiage on the IRCC website, the PCC must have been issued after the last visit. So, there might be a problem here.

Check this ---> http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/intro.asp
In that case should I reapply for Singapore PCC for spouse? I am not sure whether they can re-issue it.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
sam1181 said:
In that case should I reapply for Singapore PCC for spouse? I am not sure whether they can re-issue it.
Please clear one thing for me. You said you live in Singapore. Does your wife also live with you and has now gone to India on a trip? Which country is she ordinarily a resident of?

sam1181

Star Member
Dec 12, 2015
rajkamalmohanram said:
Please clear one thing for me. You said you live in Singapore. Does your wife also live with you and has now gone to India on a trip? Which country is she ordinarily a resident of?
Correct. I live in Singapore. We both are resident of India. My wife got a job in India. So she moved to India. She will be staying there.

May be after a year or so she will come here or I will join her in India.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
sam1181 said:
Correct. I live in Singapore. We both are resident of India. My wife got a job in India. So she moved to India. She will be staying there.

May be after a year or so she will come here or I will join her in India.
Based on the information you have given me, I think your wife should have taken a Singaporean PCC AFTER she left Singapore. Her Indian PCC is still valid (since that is her current country of residence).

This is only my opinion.

@Asivad - Thoughts?