+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry in a nutshell

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Tikhe0001 said:
Hi Raj,

I am in the process of getting reference letter from all my employers.

Can you please guide me abount the annual salary to be included i.e. whether it should be mentioned in gross or net. Secondly whether just the total amount shud be mentioned or it should be component wise i.e. Basic, DA , conveyance etc etc

thnks
Ask your employer to mention the "Cost To the Company" (CTC) there! Break up is not required!

Tikhe0001

Star Member
Sep 14, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rajkamalmohanram said:
Ask your employer to mention the "Cost To the Company" (CTC) there! Break up is not required!
THANKS Raj for your reply.

one more query regarding work experience letter.

CIC says letter should include - job status (if current job).

now what is this job status- employed or what ?? since it is for current job, it is in itself implicit. what to get on it from the HR.

thanks in advance

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Tikhe0001 said:
THANKS Raj for your reply.

one more query regarding work experience letter.

CIC says letter should include - job status (if current job).

now what is this job status- employed or what ?? since it is for current job, it is in itself implicit. what to get on it from the HR.

thanks in advance
IMO, you don't have to worry about it too much! As long as your letter contains your name, designation, date of joining, annual CTC, number of hours worked per week, full time/part time, roles and responsibilities along with the signature/stamp of the person signing the letter, you are good to go!

VII

Feb 19, 2016
rajkamalmohanram said:
IMO, you don't have to worry about it too much! As long as your letter contains your name, designation, date of joining, annual CTC, number of hours worked per week, full time/part time, roles and responsibilities along with the signature/stamp of the person signing the letter, you are good to go!
Hello there,

I am looking for some advise on how Canadian experience class hours of work are counted.

I worked on a skilled job from February 23 2015 until August 31 2015

then started working with a different company (skilled job again) from September 21 2015 which is my current job

my standard hours per work are 40 hours per week

According to 40 hours per week written on my employment letter I have already completed 1560 hours of skilled work.

But have I actually completed the one year skilled experience required for CEC ?

The reason why I am asking is because I am creating my express entry profile, since the month I started my skilled experience was Feb 2015, I am getting the points for one year skilled Canadian experience as its Feb 2016

but what about the gap of 20 days???? (Aug 31 2015 to sept 21 2015)

Does this 20 days of gap matter? even if my 1560 hours are already completed

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
VII said:
Hello there,

I am looking for some advise on how Canadian experience class hours of work are counted.

I worked on a skilled job from February 23 2015 until August 31 2015

then started working with a different company (skilled job again) from September 21 2015 which is my current job

my standard hours per work are 40 hours per week

According to 40 hours per week written on my employment letter I have already completed 1560 hours of skilled work.

But have I actually completed the one year skilled experience required for CEC ?

The reason why I am asking is because I am creating my express entry profile, since the month I started my skilled experience was Feb 2015, I am getting the points for one year skilled Canadian experience as its Feb 2016

but what about the gap of 20 days???? (Aug 31 2015 to sept 21 2015)

Does this 20 days of gap matter? even if my 1560 hours are already completed
If you have worked for at least 12 months in the past 3 years in NOC 0/A/B, you are good to go! You were prompted for the MM/YYYY and not DD/MM/YYYY, isn't it? I would suggest you to wait till you have "actually" completed 12 months to avoid any confusion later on!

Good luck!

VII

Feb 19, 2016
rajkamalmohanram said:
If you have worked for at least 12 months in the past 3 years in NOC 0/A/B, you are good to go! You were prompted for the MM/YYYY and not DD/MM/YYYY, isn't it? I would suggest you to wait till you have "actually" completed 12 months to avoid any confusion later on!

Good luck!
I am completing my 12 months after 4 days from now but there was a gap of 21 days in between so should I wait for 21 days more before submitting my docs?

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
VII said:
I am completing my 12 months after 4 days from now but there was a gap of 21 days in between so should I wait for 21 days more before submitting my docs?
No. The experience need not be continuous for CEC applicants! So, if you have 12 months exp, you are good to go! You can create your profile!

VII

Feb 19, 2016
rajkamalmohanram said:
No. The experience need not be continuous for CEC applicants! So, if you have 12 months exp, you are good to go! You can create your profile!
Thank you for the answer. Any predictions the next draw will be more than 473 points or lower?

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
VII said:
Thank you for the answer. Any predictions the next draw will be more than 473 points or lower?
Cannot predict anything with absolute certainty but with 473, you are likely to get an ITA in any draw :) . Good luck!

VII

Feb 19, 2016
rajkamalmohanram said:
Cannot predict anything with absolute certainty but with 473, you are likely to get an ITA in any draw :) . Good luck!
Thank you so much. I am middle of creating my profile, I have another doubt if you can pls clear it.

In last 2 years I have worked for 3 jobs in Canada.

1) One year (unskilled job)

2) 6 months (skilled)

3) 6 months (skilled)

So in the work history form, should I enter all the 3 jobs ? or only the last 2 ?

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
VII said:
Thank you so much. I am middle of creating my profile, I have another doubt if you can pls clear it.

In last 2 years I have worked for 3 jobs in Canada.

1) One year (unskilled job)

2) 6 months (skilled)

3) 6 months (skilled)

So in the work history form, should I enter all the 3 jobs ? or only the last 2 ?
Just enter the jobs you are claiming for - in your case- would be the last 2 jobs!

VII

Feb 19, 2016
rajkamalmohanram said:
Just enter the jobs you are claiming for - in your case- would be the last 2 jobs!
But my employment letter from the first company states that I have worked for full one year as unskilled job title and then I was promoted to a skilled job title, I have worked on a skilled job title for 6 months from this xyz date until this abc date.

The company is not ready to produce 2 separate employment letters as they promoted me after one year to a skilled title

is that ok to upload this employment letter on CIC website for one of my skilled experience jobs?

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
VII said:
But my employment letter from the first company states that I have worked for full one year as unskilled job title and then I was promoted to a skilled job title, I have worked on a skilled job title for 6 months from this xyz date until this abc date.

The company is not ready to produce 2 separate employment letters as they promoted me after one year to a skilled title

is that ok to upload this employment letter on CIC website for one of my skilled experience jobs?
Yes. It's okay. As long as the letters mention all the details of your skilled job, you can submit that. You are not claiming points for your unskilled job so I believe you are good to go.