+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Portfolio in Express Entry Application

greenboymx

Star Member
Feb 10, 2018
Hi,

I'm Mexican and I have 5 years of experience as an advertising copywriter. I've pretty much calculated my CSR and it's good enough to, at least, receive an ITA.

I'm about to finish my Express Entry Application form, but I'm noticing that there's no place in which I can put a link to my online portfolio (which is a website in which you show some of the best advertising campaigns in which you've worked). This is an issue because in the advertising industry seeing the work that you've done is usually more important than your Resume; I have also read that no Resume is needed, the job reference letters are supposed to be everything needed to back up your application.

Is there any place in which I can post a link to my portfolio once I've got the ITA? Or should I ask my employers to include it in the reference letters?

I would appreciate any guidance by anyone from any creative industry, who has gone through the EE process.

zohebshaikh

Aug 13, 2017
Category........
PNP
Hi,

I'm Mexican and I have 5 years of experience as an advertising copywriter. I've pretty much calculated my CSR and it's good enough to, at least, receive an ITA.

I'm about to finish my Express Entry Application form, but I'm noticing that there's no place in which I can put a link to my online portfolio (which is a website in which you show some of the best advertising campaigns in which you've worked). This is an issue because in the advertising industry seeing the work that you've done is usually more important than your Resume; I have also read that no Resume is needed, the job reference letters are supposed to be everything needed to back up your application.

Is there any place in which I can post a link to my portfolio once I've got the ITA? Or should I ask my employers to include it in the reference letters?

I would appreciate any guidance by anyone from any creative industry, who has gone through the EE process.
IRCC is not interested in the 'quality' of your work, but only in what your employer/s mentions (in the reference letter) you have done. So the portfolio is not required and you will not have any place to post any link later either.

Remember that the IRCC is only checking for immigration eligibility and not trying to give you a job. You can share your portfolio with any potential employer when you apply for a job on your own.

Reactions: greenboymx

greenboymx

Star Member
Feb 10, 2018
IRCC is not interested in the 'quality' of your work, but only in what your employer/s mentions (in the reference letter) you have done. So the portfolio is not required and you will not have any place to post any link later either.

Remember that the IRCC is only checking for immigration eligibility and not trying to give you a job. You can share your portfolio with any potential employer when you apply for a job on your own.
Yeah, I'm sure that the IRCC is not trying to give me a job, although I would have thought that they would want to ensure that I've got the tools to eventually land one, in order to determine if I'm a good candidate (and I would say that a good portfolio can be important in order to achieve that, in that specific industry). But well, I'm not a Visa officer and I didn't invent the rules anyway!

Thanks for replying! :)

zohebshaikh

Aug 13, 2017
Category........
PNP
Yeah, I'm sure that the IRCC is not trying to give me a job, although I would have thought that they would want to ensure that I've got the tools to eventually land one, in order to determine if I'm a good candidate (and I would say that a good portfolio can be important in order to achieve that, in that specific industry). But well, I'm not a Visa officer and I didn't invent the rules anyway!

Thanks for replying! :)
can you also imagine the skill sets each visa officer needs to have to evaluate if each applicant from each specific industry is a good candidate ? guess he could then quit his job as a visa officer and take up a more lucrative one as a recruiter ;)

Good Luck ! :)

Reactions: greenboymx