+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry in a nutshell

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Federal skilled worker with no job letter. CRS points 400. What are the chances? Secondly, if i don't get the invitation in first draw. do i need to submit application again? or once it is in the pool it is eligible to be part of every draw?
Never seen draw that low, so almost zero chance. Profile is good for a year. Last draw was 491.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Federal skilled worker with no job letter. CRS points 400. What are the chances? Secondly, if i don't get the invitation in first draw. do i need to submit application again? or once it is in the pool it is eligible to be part of every draw?
Zero chance to be selected through FSW with 400 points. You'll need to either substantially increase your score or look into other programs (e.g. PNP). You submit your profile once and it is good for a full year across all the draws that happen that year.

ifras

Oct 22, 2015
AOR Received.
23 Feb 2022
Interview........
Passport Req..
08 Nov 2017
VISA ISSUED...
Zero chance to be selected through FSW with 400 points. You'll need to either substantially increase your score or look into other programs (e.g. PNP). You submit your profile once and it is good for a full year across all the draws that happen that year.
so with no canadian degree and work express, how can i enter canada ? which is best option. PNP, work permit ?

ifras

Oct 22, 2015
AOR Received.
23 Feb 2022
Interview........
Passport Req..
08 Nov 2017
VISA ISSUED...
Never seen draw that low, so almost zero chance. Profile is good for a year. Last draw was 491.
so with no canadian degree and work express, how can i enter canada ? which is best option. PNP, work permit ?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
PNP if you are eligible (NOC, CRS score, job offer, family in province). Work permit if you have a LMIA from a Canadian employer.

mahamfurqan

Dec 5, 2022
Hi all,
I am currently doing a PhD in the US, expected to graduate next year. Should I apply for FSW express entry now or wait to complete my degree to submit my profile? In other words, can I submit my profile with an ongoing degree? I checked WES's website for ECA and looks like they do evaluate in-progress degrees.
Appreciate your help.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi all,
I am currently doing a PhD in the US, expected to graduate next year. Should I apply for FSW express entry now or wait to complete my degree to submit my profile? In other words, can I submit my profile with an ongoing degree? I checked WES's website for ECA and looks like they do evaluate in-progress degrees.
Appreciate your help.
You need an ECA for the Phd. WES may assess it but IRCC will not accept an uncompleted degree.

Taran D

VIP Member
Oct 1, 2020
Hi all,
Appreciate your help.
Not sure where you have read about assessment of incomplete degree as the assessment requires the Uni to send your completion certificate amd transcript. Does your uni support myequals or some app like this? You can also share it once you are done, it will take much lesser time for evaluation.

undettered

Aug 24, 2022
Hi, my CRS score is 479 and I’m waiting for the draws to happen from last 4 weeks. And, I read somewhere that from January onwards, draws will be occupation specific. I’m worried about this, not sure whether this new rule will impact me negatively.

My job profile is - 8 years of experience in a US Medical billing outsourcing company in India. Superivising team members and my designation is Senior Team Lead.

Braykhna Khan

Star Member
Jun 18, 2019
Hi, my CRS score is 479 and I’m waiting for the draws to happen from last 4 weeks. And, I read somewhere that from January onwards, draws will be occupation specific. I’m worried about this, not sure whether this new rule will impact me negatively.

My job profile is - 8 years of experience in a US Medical billing outsourcing company in India. Superivising team members and my designation is Senior Team Lead.
Hey,

Did you get an invitation with your score? Please share.

brunogent

Aug 23, 2022
Hello.
I was selected with an ITA and i have a question for my proof of funds. I lended 15000€ to my sister 18 months ago and she refunded me 2 days ago.
is it ok in the proof of funds if I write a letter to explain this and I adda bank statement when i lended to my sister and another where she refunds me (same bank account and same name). Thanks for your help

Govardhan7

Star Member
Jan 8, 2020
Hello,
My wife and I have applied for express entry as a couple. Can I create another profile with me being the primary and my wife as dependent and keep both express entry profiles.?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello,
My wife and I have applied for express entry as a couple. Can I create another profile with me being the primary and my wife as dependent and keep both express entry profiles.?
As long as the first profile you created lists her as the primary, the yes.