+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry in a nutshell

ghostdragon

Apr 13, 2021
Hi from India, I got my ITA (pnp) on 12th May, called the list of panelist for Medical they told me that I'll be needing IME number for scheduling one. No more upfront medical will be done from 16th onwards in India. Can anyone tell me how and where do I get an IME number?

Gwaine

Feb 14, 2019
Hi,
I received a still want to travel email on 19 April and I missed it due to family emergency, Deadline to answer was 29th April, I answered them today.I am worried if my Application will be cancelled now? Anyone experienced similar thing..please let me know..

farshad171

Jan 5, 2016
Hi all,
I am confused why I can not enter the EE pool considering my criteria. Every time I apply to enter EE, I am told that I am not eligible. Here is my criteria:
  • never married, 36, male
  • PhD from Canadian university in Biology (aquatic ecology) graduated in March 2020.
  • PGWP valid until November 2022
  • Working full time since October 2020 in 2121 NOC (biologist) as primary occupation. I do not have a LIMA for this job offer but my job offer is permanent and in British Columbia.
  • IELTS General taken in April 2021: L: 8, S: 8, W: 7.5, R: 7.5
  • I had 3 part time paid jobs with Environment Canada during my PhD studies. Two of them have different NOC compared to my primary occupation, one has the same NOC to my primary occupation but all are NOC A. In total they count for around 350 hours from October 2017 to March 2020.
  • I have also 4 months full time work experience in the primary occupation (NOC 2121, A) in Iran from March 2014 to July 2014.
I am really confused why I can not enter the pool. I suspect that it is either due to the employment offer (i.e., No LIMA) or that the system does not count some of my work experiences. My understanding was that any paid work experience even in different jobs and even during full time study could count towards the 1 year experience needed for FSW. Am I missing something?
Thanks

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi all,
I am confused why I can not enter the EE pool considering my criteria. Every time I apply to enter EE, I am told that I am not eligible. Here is my criteria:
  • never married, 36, male
  • PhD from Canadian university in Biology (aquatic ecology) graduated in March 2020.
  • PGWP valid until November 2022
  • Working full time since October 2020 in 2121 NOC (biologist) as primary occupation. I do not have a LIMA for this job offer but my job offer is permanent and in British Columbia.
  • IELTS General taken in April 2021: L: 8, S: 8, W: 7.5, R: 7.5
  • I had 3 part time paid jobs with Environment Canada during my PhD studies. Two of them have different NOC compared to my primary occupation, one has the same NOC to my primary occupation but all are NOC A. In total they count for around 350 hours from October 2017 to March 2020.
  • I have also 4 months full time work experience in the primary occupation (NOC 2121, A) in Iran from March 2014 to July 2014.
I am really confused why I can not enter the pool. I suspect that it is either due to the employment offer (i.e., No LIMA) or that the system does not count some of my work experiences. My understanding was that any paid work experience even in different jobs and even during full time study could count towards the 1 year experience needed for FSW. Am I missing something?
Thanks
To be eligible for FSW, you need one year continuous (no breaks) skilled work in one NOC. Do you have this?

farshad171

Jan 5, 2016
To be eligible for FSW, you need one year continuous (no breaks) skilled work in one NOC. Do you have this?
No, my work experiences are not continuous. I thought when they say you can work in different jobs it means it does not need to be continuous. And for CEC that seems not to have the continuous job requirement, I can not count those part time paid jobs during my PhD.. Such a terrible program. Canadian immigration system is the perfect example of nonsense. Someone like me after over 6 years in Canada with a PhD, job and high IELTS score can not still enter in to the EE.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
No, my work experiences are not continuous. I thought when they say you can work in different jobs it means it does not need to be continuous. And for CEC that seems not to have the continuous job requirement, I can not count those part time paid jobs during my PhD.. Such a terrible program. Canadian immigration system is the perfect example of nonsense. Someone like me after over 6 years in Canada with a PhD, job and high IELTS score can not still enter in to the EE.
You are not eligible for FSW. To be eligible for CEC, you need one year Canadian experience following graduation not while you study. Whether it is good or bad depends on each person’s profile. No system can be perfect.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
For FSW the work experience must be continuous and in a single NOC.

For CEC the work experience does not have to be continuous however you cannot count work experience gained during your studies in Canada.

Ariklan

May 17, 2021
Hi guys,

Please I need clarification on a few things: The primary noc I used for my profile is based on where I work currently.

The issue is since April last year, I haven't been paid my full salary. So what I have been getting paid is basically for my internet fees, so roughly like 10% of the normal take home.

Question1: will this affect me when I want to submit my statement of account considering the fact that I have to show 6 months of my statement account?

Question 2: when submitting the statement of account, does the 6 months I need to show have to be based on the most recent inflow like inflows from Jan 2021 to June, can it be like inflow of Jan 2019 to June 2021 for example.

Ritasri

Sep 26, 2019
Hi... I dare to ask a question which may sound lame to many. When they say that for eg: 473 was the lowest CRS score for the last draw, does this mean that all applicants with score more than 473 at that point of time receives ITA?
Thanks

kumori

Star Member
May 13, 2021
Hi... I dare to ask a question which may sound lame to many. When they say that for eg: 473 was the lowest CRS score for the last draw, does this mean that all applicants with score more than 473 at that point of time receives ITA?
Thanks
Hi, to answer your question: No. if your score is exactly at cut-off score, it will depend on when you get in the pool.

For example, the latest draw information is:
CRS score of lowest-ranked candidate invited: 401
Tie-breaking rule: April 29, 2021 at 11:48:14 UTC

Means any 401 crs profile opened after 11:48:14 UTC won't get ITA. However, if your score if 402, then it won't be a matter of when you got in the pool at all.

Hope it helps.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi, is it allowed to sponsor my parents and sibling to come here in Canada if I am only under PR status? Thanks
You can sponsor your parents as a PR once you meet the income requirements after working in Canada for at least three years and if you are selected through the lottery. Only a limited number of applications are accepted each year. You can include siblings who are under 22 in the application to sponsor your parents. If your siblings are older, then not possible to sponsor them.

Reactions: Naturgrl