+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry in a nutshell

sri_e

Star Member
Jan 23, 2021
Someone, please help,

I have AOR April 2021, My current status is Criminality passed,

I have applied through CEC, from Ontario Province.

I have an offer from Gatineau Quebec,

Can I accept the offer? They are expecting me back once things are normal, I can travel from Ottawa to Gatineau, but I am wondering if it's fine with my application under process.

Malibu25

Star Member
Apr 14, 2021
You can sponsor your parents as a PR once you meet the income requirements after working in Canada for at least three years and if you are selected through the lottery. Only a limited number of applications are accepted each year. You can include siblings who are under 22 in the application to sponsor your parents. If your siblings are older, then not possible to sponsor them.
How much should be my income for me to get my family here in Canada? Mother, Father and a 9 year old sibling. Thank you

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
How much should be my income for me to get my family here in Canada? Mother, Father and a 9 year old sibling. Thank you
Assuming you are single (no spouse, no kids), you will need to work in a job in Canada that pays you a salary of at least $65,000. You'll need to do this for three years in a row before you will qualify.

Nchaniam

May 24, 2021
Hi, I'm quite new here, I'm sorry if this has been asked... if my CRS doesn't meet this month's cut off, will I be in the pool for the next draw(s)? Thank you.

Malibu25

Star Member
Apr 14, 2021
Hi, can we re-apply for PR (to be in the pool) if we have withdrawn our first application? Or am I ban forever? Thanks

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
No, my work experiences are not continuous. I thought when they say you can work in different jobs it means it does not need to be continuous. And for CEC that seems not to have the continuous job requirement, I can not count those part time paid jobs during my PhD.. Such a terrible program. Canadian immigration system is the perfect example of nonsense. Someone like me after over 6 years in Canada with a PhD, job and high IELTS score can not still enter in to the EE.
You must have at least one year of continuous full-time work experience in a single and an eligible NOC (your primary NOC). Once you meet this requirement, you can add up all other work experiences even though they are not continuous (provided they are in an eligible NOC).

For instance :

You worked in Job A from 01-2013 to 11-2013 ~ 10 months experience
You worked in Job B from 01-2014 to 01-2015 ~ 12 months experience ===> You should set the NOC of this job as your primary NOC.
You worked in Job C from 02-2015 to 09-2015 ~ 7 months experience

Since you have met the minimum requirement because of Job B, you can then add up the experience gained in remaining jobs (12+10+7 = 29 months). In this case, you can claim points for 2 years of work experience.

You get maximum CRS points for 3 years of foreign work experience. Any work experience after that is superfluous for the purpose of your CRS score.

I think the mistake you are making when creating your EE profile is you are setting your primary NOC incorrectly. Like shown above, the primary NOC you choose MUST belong to a job that you've been in for at least 12 months continuously AND it should fall under NOC categories 0, A or B. I had a friend do the same mistake over and over again until I figured out what she was doing wrong.

As for your Canadian work experience, it should have been recent (within the past 3 years, I believe) and any work experience gained while you were a full-time student in Canada doesn't count.

The system isn't perfect but it isn't a "perfect example of nonsense" either. This is a points based system and there are flaws for sure. Several of my friends were not able to make the cut because of the (over) emphasis on language test bands. CLB-9 is near-native level fluency in English - I believe CLB-7 to 8 would be more than enough to live in this country, yet, the system is such that an applicant loses a LOT of points for being in one band below CLB-9. (To give you an idea, if you had a Master's degree with 3 years of foreign work experience and age < 30, you'll have ~ 470-480 points with CLB-9. With a CLB-8, your CRS will be around 440 - 445.) It is what it is, I guess.

Hopefully, you get to submit a successful profile and get your Canadian permanent residence.

Good luck!

Last edited:

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Hi, I'm quite new here, I'm sorry if this has been asked... if my CRS doesn't meet this month's cut off, will I be in the pool for the next draw(s)? Thank you.
You will remain in the pool for a period of 12 months from the date you created the EE profile OR until you get an ITA, whichever comes first.

Reactions: Jaycejay

Te Mischin

May 25, 2021
Hi guys!
I am new in here. Does anyone know about the Medical exam? I gave a medical exam in March 2021 for worker N now I am applying for PR as a common law pảrtner. Do I have to give another upfront Medical exam for PR or I can use the one which I had?
thank you so much!

ankitapoorv

May 25, 2021
Hello Mr. Raj,

Thanks for such a detailed post to help the people here. Since this is a dated post, I would like to know whether you have an updated post on this subject, based on the latest guidelines. Thanks in advance!

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Hello Mr. Raj,

Thanks for such a detailed post to help the people here. Since this is a dated post, I would like to know whether you have an updated post on this subject, based on the latest guidelines. Thanks in advance!
The process is pretty much the same. There are some small variations like the time-based ITAs when your CRS is exactly the cut-off score for the draw and the need for biometrics. The process is otherwise unchanged.

You might want to talk to someone who applied recently to understand if there are any other nuances that have changed.

Good luck!

Kikiqpalzm

May 20, 2021
Hi everyone,
I just got CEC invitation yesterday. I am applying for it but had a question regarding the residential address or address in general. I work from home due to COVID and my job is in Toronto Ontario. I did my taxes in Ontario and my permanent address is in Toronto. However I have been staying for some months now in alberta cause my boyfriend lives here due to COVID situation and working from home. This is a temporary address for me. So my question is what address should I put on the application? All my bank, work pay studs, taxes are in my address in Toronto. But when I get a bank statement mentioning my balance it will have alberta bank address cause I’ll get it from a bank here. What address do I put? Please help

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi everyone,
I just got CEC invitation yesterday. I am applying for it but had a question regarding the residential address or address in general. I work from home due to COVID and my job is in Toronto Ontario. I did my taxes in Ontario and my permanent address is in Toronto. However I have been staying for some months now in alberta cause my boyfriend lives here due to COVID situation and working from home. This is a temporary address for me. So my question is what address should I put on the application? All my bank, work pay studs, taxes are in my address in Toronto. But when I get a bank statement mentioning my balance it will have alberta bank address cause I’ll get it from a bank here. What address do I put? Please help
How long have you been in Alberta.