+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry in a nutshell

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Do we need LMIA or valid job offer to be in the pool?
Also, for the question regarding the educational attainment, are we going to include the education back home (in my case, from the Philippines) or just the study here in Canada? Thank you.
Education depends on whether you need CRS points for your foreign education.

schizpup

May 10, 2021
Hello all! Need some help/advice with WES verification:

I did a 3-year programme under SQA HND (Scottish Qualification Authority Higher National Diploma) top-up program, first two years in China (awarded a Higher Educational Diploma from SQA) and the final year in the UK (awarded a degree of bachelor of arts with honours 120 credits).

What's the right way to have these two certificates evaluated by WES? I put China in "country of education" for the SQA HND diploma, and it gets messy as it requires chinese authorities to provide verifications and translations, since neither certificate was issued by chinese institutions nor were they issued in Chinese language.

Welp, thanks a lot)

YASASWI GOMES

Jun 14, 2018
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Vijayawada
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
15-09-2018
Doc's Request.
15-09-2018
Proof of funds is the same for every country? I don’t understand the logic behind no obligation to repay debt. Everyone has to repay the debt to their parents. Anyways it’s a general query as I have all sound proof of funds and no obligations.

Malibu25

Star Member
Apr 14, 2021
Hi everyone, asking for your help guys. We are not allowed to stay and work here in Canada if our work permit expires and just in the pool for PR (without ITA), if anyone here, please kindly send me a link which shows that we a person needed to go out of Canada if that person doesn’t have ITA yet, I have to prove it to my sponsor, because they believe that I can stay and work while I am in the pool. (I might get illegal if that happened). Thank you all.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi everyone, asking for your help guys. We are not allowed to stay and work here in Canada if our work permit expires and just in the pool for PR (without ITA), if anyone here, please kindly send me a link which shows that we a person needed to go out of Canada if that person doesn’t have ITA yet, I have to prove it to my sponsor, because they believe that I can stay and work while I am in the pool. (I might get illegal if that happened). Thank you all.
There is no link that says you need to leave Canada if you don't have ITA.

If you don't have ITA and want to remain in Canada and your work permit is expiring, then you can apply to change your status to visitor. This will let you stay in Canada but of course you'll have to stop working as soon as your work permit expires.

Malibu25

Star Member
Apr 14, 2021
There is no link that says you need to leave Canada if you don't have ITA.

If you don't have ITA and want to remain in Canada and your work permit is expiring, then you can apply to change your status to visitor. This will let you stay in Canada but of course you'll have to stop working as soon as your work permit expires.
Oh thank you, but is there any link in regard to I am not allowed to work without ITA? Kindly send it here please? I need to prove it to them. Thank you so much

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Oh thank you, but is there any link in regard to I am not allowed to work without ITA? Kindly send it here please? I need to prove it to them. Thank you so much
There's no link that I'm aware of that specifically says that.

ITA does not allow you to keep working. You need to apply for a BOWP after getting ITA and after submitting your full application in order to be able to work. That information is here.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/work-canada/extend-permit/bridging-open-work-permit.html

mikfgcu

May 9, 2021
I have 1 year of experience through an employment program. After it was over, my employer kept me on, but insted of paying me throughout a bank account, like for the first year, I was given cash in hand. My employer will write a letter stating thst I worked for 2 years. So is that letter enough? I have no proof of payment during the second year.

Reactions: olagok123