+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry in a nutshell

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Hey there,
I have some problems with the translation of the apostille in my diploma.
I've already received my report from WES and now I should upload all documents via EE site.
My diploma was issued in 2 languages Russian and English but I have an apostille (The Hague Convention) in Russian there. As Canada is not a member of this convention, should I translate this apostille ?
Thank you :)
If ANY document that you are submitting is not in English or French, it needs to be translated, notarized and YOU MUST SUBMIT BOTH THE NOTARIZED TRANSLATION AND THE ORIGINAL VERSION OF THE DOCUMENT.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
HELP
Hello everyone
My application was cancelled since I uploaded the wrong police certificate !! what should I do now, I have the right document now
If your application was already refused, I'm sorry, there is nothing much you can do now. Wait for another ITA and submit a fresh application.

It is close to impossible to have IRCC re-open an application unless you can prove beyond a reasonable doubt that the application was closed / refused because of a mistake on IRCC's end.

Last edited:

AndyIndUAE

Apr 17, 2020
United Arab Emirates
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
Hi Everyone!

Hope all are safe and healthy!

I have received SINP nomination on 17 April. I've will accept it soon as I'm delaying the ITA given the COVID situation.

I have 2 questions for which I'm seeking expert advice. Although these queries may be repeat, but I'm posting as I didn't get a clear answer:

1. My EE profile is expiring on 28 June 2020. If i receive ITA before that date, will have to create new EE profile?

2. Do we need to get fresh letters as of current date for:
a. proof of funds from banks; and
b. from employers (including past employers)?

I have letters from banks and employers which I had submitted at the time of SINP application. I can get fresh letter from my current employer.

I believe many will be in similar situation where we are unable to travel or unable to get such letters due to lockdown / closure of offices / banks.

Appreciate your response in advance.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Hi Everyone!

Hope all are safe and healthy!

I have received SINP nomination on 17 April. I've will accept it soon as I'm delaying the ITA given the COVID situation.

I have 2 questions for which I'm seeking expert advice. Although these queries may be repeat, but I'm posting as I didn't get a clear answer:

1. My EE profile is expiring on 28 June 2020. If i receive ITA before that date, will have to create new EE profile?

As soon as you ACCEPT your ITA, the clock on your EE profile stops and it will no longer expire.

2. Do we need to get fresh letters as of current date for:
a. proof of funds from banks; and

Try to provide a bank letter / statements that are fresh.

b. from employers (including past employers)?

For your current job, it is strongly recommended that you provide a fresh letter. You do NOT have to provide fresh letters from past employers.

I have letters from banks and employers which I had submitted at the time of SINP application. I can get fresh letter from my current employer.

I believe many will be in similar situation where we are unable to travel or unable to get such letters due to lockdown / closure of offices / banks.

Appreciate your response in advance.

Reactions: AndyIndUAE

Nouhaben

Nov 15, 2019
Hi
Thank you for the clarity of this content.
I have a question about the bank account.
Should I submit money from now before getting my scores and ERC ready?

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Hi
Thank you for the clarity of this content.
I have a question about the bank account.
Should I submit money from now before getting my scores and ERC ready?
I don't think I know what ERC is (at least not in the context of Express Entry).

However, it is best if you have your proof of funds for sometime before the application (6 months would be best). Having large deposits very close to the e-APR submission dates might raise red flags.

You would only be submitting your documents when you are submitting your e-APR.

PropheC

May 11, 2020
I am completing one year experience in next month. But during this one year I went on 2 weeks vacation and after that i had to take off for 2 weeks because of Covid symptoms. So should I do 4 more weeks after one year to make up for the time I didn’t work?
though i had done enough number of hours.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
I am completing one year experience in next month. But during this one year I went on 2 weeks vacation and after that i had to take off for 2 weeks because of Covid symptoms. So should I do 4 more weeks after one year to make up for the time I didn’t work?
though i had done enough number of hours.
As long as you were technically employed with the employer (meaning your contract with your employer was still valid during these absences), you should be good IMO.

Fanta91

May 12, 2020
Hi Friends,

I am applying for express entry in June (My IELTS test got cancelled because of COVID19), but I am seeing in the latest draw 149 the tie breaking date was in 2019.

Even if i have enough points it seems like it will take some time until the tie breaking rule will arrive in June 2020, right?

Does that mean I might have to wait months before I'm within the "tie break date" and at that point the scores are probably back to higher score 475+ ?

I am anticipating a worst case scenario minimum score of 465 for my application which would be enough right now but possibly not in a few months, is there a system to the tiebreak date, does it jump a few months every draw or rather slowly ?

Thank you!

TinaaniT

May 4, 2020
Hi, guys
Hope you are all good during the COVID 19 period. I have 2 questions about EE profile.

1. I created my first EE profile before and it was expired. Then, I created a new EE profile. But there is a question "Have you applied to immigration, Refugees, and Citizenship Canada before?" Should I say yes or no?

2. In 2013, my father applied for the Quebec investor immigration program, and I was the dependant. He was the principal applicant. But he was refused due to the incomplete documents. He did not even get the interview and not to the Federal stage yet. The same question,
"Have you applied to immigration, Refugees, and Citizenship Canada before?" Should I say yes or no?

Your prompt response is really appreciated.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Hi, guys
Hope you are all good during the COVID 19 period. I have 2 questions about EE profile.

1. I created my first EE profile before and it was expired. Then, I created a new EE profile. But there is a question "Have you applied to immigration, Refugees, and Citizenship Canada before?" Should I say yes or no?

You should answer 'No'.

2. In 2013, my father applied for the Quebec investor immigration program, and I was the dependant. He was the principal applicant. But he was refused due to the incomplete documents. He did not even get the interview and not to the Federal stage yet. The same question,
"Have you applied to immigration, Refugees, and Citizenship Canada before?" Should I say yes or no?

Generally speaking, if the application was 'returned as incomplete' (and the applicant received no UCI and no processing fee was charged), you would answer 'No'. However, if they started processing the application (indicated by generating a UCI and accepting the processing fee) and then refused it, you would answer 'Yes'.

Your prompt response is really appreciated.