+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry in a nutshell

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Aragorn165 said:
Hi,
If I have some work experience in the last five years that does not match the NOC code that I am applying with, that I am okay with not claiming, is it okay if I just remove those from my employment history?

Basically:

Worked three part time jobs over the last five years.

Job A which matches the NOC I am applying with
Job B which does not match my NOC
Job C which does not match my NOC

However, all three jobs were listed while making my EE profile. Now that I am uploading my documents post ITA, is it okay if I just remove Job B and C entirely? They are less than a year of part time employment that does not match my NOC each, and I am pretty sure I claim no experience for those, and get no CRS points for those.

Is removing those from my profile advisable and safe?
Yes, IMO if those two jobs do not reduce your points below the lowest cutoff of the draw you were selected in. Keep jobs B and C out of the work history section and retain them only in the personal history section.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
sreeraj115@gmail.com said:
Thank you Raj for sharing the information. There is one more thing I would like to ask about. Once I submit POF, for how long should I maintain the minimum balance in my bank accounts? Will they be monitoring the availability of settlement amount until the visa gets issued? I believe bank is not supposed to reveal my account information to any parties without my knowledge.

Sreeraj
It is advisable to keep the settlement funds intact. But if you must use those funds for some other purpose, then, at least make sure you have them when you land - POF might be checked at POE. It is unlikely for CIC to ask updated statements after you have submitted your e-APR but if they do, you might want to be prepared.

Nalanda

Star Member
Dec 16, 2015
Dear Rajkamalmohanram,

Thanks a lot for writing a wonderful note on the process. I really appreciate it.

I need some help, I am confused in deciding which option.

These are my details
1) I worked for Tata Consultancy Services for 3 years in India
2) I completed my masters degree in Canada
3) After my masters degree, I worked on a contract for 5 months (Mar-July 2015 - 802 hours). Now I am working on another job for more than 6 months (from Aug 2015 - 885 hours). Both the jobs come under the same NOC code. Now, I completed more than 1560 hours/week (1687 hours in 11months). I am short of 1 month for 1 year. To apply under CEC in EE.
4) CRS calculator gave me 390 something without 1 year experience and with one year experience it gave me 475.

I created a profile in Oct-2015, I got ineligible. I am afraid that if I create a profile now, if it says ineligible. Is it something bad or normal? The reason why I am asking is to have express entry profile ineligible for couple of times will affect my chances of ITA?

Do I need to wait for one more month to complete my 12 months and create a express entry profile or apply for PNP masters stream?
Which is best method and fast?

Cheers,
Ram

Rina9285

Star Member
Apr 10, 2013
Hello friends,

I have a quick question about Proof of funds.

I got money in form of gift from my sister-in-law in November 2015. I have a 'deed of gift' document from her. So with the 'deed of gift' document and 3 months of bank balance am I good to go for EE profile and application? Or I should wait for 6 months to get the average bank balance required by CIC?

Thank you in advance :)

joelmath

Dec 9, 2014
Rina9285 said:
Hello friends,

I have a quick question about Proof of funds.

I got money in form of gift from my sister-in-law in November 2015. I have a 'deed of gift' document from her. So with the 'deed of gift' document and 3 months of bank balance am I good to go for EE profile and application? Or I should wait for 6 months to get the average bank balance required by CIC?

Thank you in advance :)
You can create EE profile now. There is no need to wait as you have proof to show the source of funds that are in your account. If you maintain the funds for 6 months in account then there is no need to show source of funds, thus defeating the whole purpose of getting deed of gift.

JoacRy

Champion Member
Oct 23, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi all, just thought I would ask this question here in case no one responds to my other thread. I hope you can advise me on. I have 2 ECA reports:

1) Bachelors Degree (3 years or more)

2) Postgraduate Diploma (1 year)

In my Express Entry profile this is how I completed the qualifications:

Top section for both: '2 or more degrees...'

Bottom section for:

(1) Bachelors Degree for 3 or more Years

(2) 'Two or More Degrees...' - Is this the correct option for this or should I select 'One Year program at a University, College, Technical College or Other...'

Does it matter? I've tried and under both options I get 128 points.

By the way my Postgraduate Diploma is my Australian Chartered Accounting qualification.

Thank you all for your replies.

elchar

Star Member
Feb 3, 2015
Hello forumers, firstly I would like to thank mr Raj for such amazing thread.

I've been afraid to start my application because never felt sure enought if I have any chance of success. Now I'm willing to try but before to do so, i'm struggling to gather the required documents (according recommendations in this thread).

I have arranged to take the IELTS on May and asked for work letters and education letters to my employer and universities respectively. Also used the CIC tool to check if I reach the 67 minimum score to apply, but as far I'm not sure how many CRS points I could get. What would you recommend me guys, continue gathering the documentation to apply or should I first check into any tool to check how many likely points will I get with an expected/estimated IELTS score? In other hands I used WES tool which says my education equivalency is a bachelor's degree and Master's degree.

In addition, my common-in-law partner and I have a baby. Is her birth certificate proof enough to show cohabitation since the bills and bank account is under my partner's name? Finally have to clarify that even when the bank account belongs to my partner, we both fill it with money.

Thankso a lot for you kindly help.

SamSamo

Star Member
Dec 27, 2015
rajkamalmohanram said:
1) Dependant's work experience is considered only if it was gained in Canada. Keep her experience out of the work history section and retain it only in the personal history section.

2) I would suggest her to register with other job portals like indeed.ca, workopolis.ca, monster.CA because job Bank sends unrelated jobs. But if there is a provision for her to register for jobbank without using EE profile number, she can register - no issues.
Thanks for answers.
Other questions.
My current job is in NOC category A (2113), but I still don't have a full one year of employment (joined the company in June 2015). And the previous 4 years I worked in NOC the same NOC category B (2212) with 2 different companies (2 years in each).
My education (both BSc and MSc) is related to my current employment in NOC category A (2113). My question is: what is the best way to fill in work history section? Should I indicate my 4 years of employment in work history and my current employment in personal history?

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
JoacRy said:
Hi all, just thought I would ask this question here in case no one responds to my other thread. I hope you can advise me on. I have 2 ECA reports:

1) Bachelors Degree (3 years or more)

2) Postgraduate Diploma (1 year)

In my Express Entry profile this is how I completed the qualifications:

Top section for both: '2 or more degrees...'

Bottom section for:

(1) Bachelors Degree for 3 or more Years

(2) 'Two or More Degrees...' - Is this the correct option for this or should I select 'One Year program at a University, College, Technical College or Other...'

Does it matter? I've tried and under both options I get 128 points.

By the way my Postgraduate Diploma is my Australian Chartered Accounting qualification.

Thank you all for your replies.
I believe what you are doing is correct!

canadayo

Sep 7, 2015
Thx Raj for your valuable reply. Just to re-confirm on the below question, I need to only create one Express Entry profile (mentioning my spouse details as well) and the one who has maximum points (based on age & IELTS score) will be pulled in for Lucky draw & if selected get invitation to file PR (ITA) ? Is my understanding correct here.

1. Can we create 2 separate Express Entry Profiles for Husband & wife with using each others info as spouse in their profile creation ?

Myself & Wife, both has valid IELTS Score & ECA done & planning to create Express entry profiles. Considering age difference, my wife has 20 points more than me. If we create two express entry profiles, will it be breaching any of the express entry profile criteria ?

You can have one profile. Also, the PA should be the one that gets the maximum CRS points.

Jan 26, 2016
Dear rajkamalmohanram

I left USA in 2004 and had got a PCC in 2008 from FBI, I have used the original PCC for some other purpose. Can I use the photocopy of the PCC or do I have to apply for a new one. Please advise.

sreeraj115@gmail.com

Oct 11, 2015
rajkamalmohanram said:
It is advisable to keep the settlement funds intact. But if you must use those funds for some other purpose, then, at least make sure you have them when you land - POF might be checked at POE. It is unlikely for CIC to ask updated statements after you have submitted your e-APR but if they do, you might want to be prepared.
Hi Raj,

My CRS score is 441 and as you know, the lowest score to receive an ITA in the last pool draw was 453. Hence, I am expecting a chance within next three draws if they follow the same pattern. I am returning to India for 1 month vacation next week. I can arrange enough money and get POF from bank while I am in India. But it will be difficult after I return to Qatar. In that case, is it okay if I prepare POF before I receive an ITA? Also, please explain about "Deed of gift" mentioned in Joel's post. I was planning to use statements for my NRE account which I have been using to transfer my salary regularly for past 3 years. However, I might need to borrow some money from friends and relatives to meet the requirement. Will I have to produce proof for all those deposits?

Thanks,
Sreeraj

rajanvnv

Champion Member
Jun 19, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Mohammed Imran Khan said:
Dear rajkamalmohanram

I left USA in 2004 and had got a PCC in 2008 from FBI, I have used the original PCC for some other purpose. Can I use the photocopy of the PCC or do I have to apply for a new one. Please advise.
You cannot use the scans of PCC photocopy. Since for EE, you just need to upload softcopy, if you have the scans of the original PCC, then it would work.

adam2012

Jan 11, 2016
I HAVE QUESTION PLEASE HELP .. IF THE CUTOFF SCORE IS 400+ IT MEANS THAT THE 399- IS NOT QUALIFIED TO THE DRAW?