+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry in a nutshell

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Nalanda said:
Dear Rajkamalmohanram,

Thanks a lot for writing a wonderful note on the process. I really appreciate it.

I need some help, I am confused in deciding which option.

These are my details
1) I worked for Tata Consultancy Services for 3 years in India
2) I completed my masters degree in Canada
3) After my masters degree, I worked on a contract for 5 months (Mar-July 2015 - 802 hours). Now I am working on another job for more than 6 months (from Aug 2015 - 885 hours). Both the jobs come under the same NOC code. Now, I completed more than 1560 hours/week (1687 hours in 11months). I am short of 1 month for 1 year. To apply under CEC in EE.
4) CRS calculator gave me 390 something without 1 year experience and with one year experience it gave me 475.

I created a profile in Oct-2015, I got ineligible. I am afraid that if I create a profile now, if it says ineligible. Is it something bad or normal? The reason why I am asking is to have express entry profile ineligible for couple of times will affect my chances of ITA?

Do I need to wait for one more month to complete my 12 months and create a express entry profile or apply for PNP masters stream?
Which is best method and fast?

Cheers,
Ram
The thing is, you need to have 1560 hours in 12 months. Though the requirement of minimum experience need not be continuous for CEC applicants. So, you need at least 12 months.

When you are getting 475 CRS with one year experience, you should definitely consider waiting. Why go for PNP unnecessarily and add months to your processing time? Wait for a month and then create your profile.

You getting "profile ineligible" will in no way be a problem while creating an express entry profile in the future! :)

Good luck and all the very best!

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Rina9285 said:
Hello friends,

I have a quick question about Proof of funds.

I got money in form of gift from my sister-in-law in November 2015. I have a 'deed of gift' document from her. So with the 'deed of gift' document and 3 months of bank balance am I good to go for EE profile and application? Or I should wait for 6 months to get the average bank balance required by CIC?

Thank you in advance :)
I believe you can get started now!

Good luck!

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
canadayo said:
Thx Raj for your valuable reply. Just to re-confirm on the below question, I need to only create one Express Entry profile (mentioning my spouse details as well) and the one who has maximum points (based on age & IELTS score) will be pulled in for Lucky draw & if selected get invitation to file PR (ITA) ? Is my understanding correct here.

1. Can we create 2 separate Express Entry Profiles for Husband & wife with using each others info as spouse in their profile creation ?

Myself & Wife, both has valid IELTS Score & ECA done & planning to create Express entry profiles. Considering age difference, my wife has 20 points more than me. If we create two express entry profiles, will it be breaching any of the express entry profile criteria ?

You can have one profile. Also, the PA should be the one that gets the maximum CRS points.
Just to re-confirm on the below question, I need to only create one Express Entry profile (mentioning my spouse details as well) - This understanding is correct.

the one who has maximum points (based on age & IELTS score) will be pulled in for Lucky draw & if selected get invitation to file PR (ITA) ? - There are no "lucky draws" :p :p . There are draws. If your CRS >= the minimum cut off of that draw, you will get an ITA. If you have marked your spouse an an accompanying dependent, then this ITA is for both if you. You will apply together and if your application is successful, you will get PR together. Its not that they will pick one person from the application who has more CRS points and leave the other one out!

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
I have arranged to take the IELTS on May and asked for work letters and education letters to my employer and universities respectively. Also used the CIC tool to check if I reach the 67 minimum score to apply, but as far I'm not sure how many CRS points I could get.

1) Check eligibility under FSW --> http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/apply-factors.asp
2) Check EE eligibility ---> http://www.cic.gc.ca/ctc-vac/ee-start.asp

After step 2, if you are eligible, you will get a reference code. You will use that to create EE profile.

What would you recommend me guys, continue gathering the documentation to apply or should I first check into any tool to check how many likely points will I get with an expected/estimated IELTS score?

You can check how much CRS points you are getting here --> http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/crs-tool.asp . You should check how much CRS you will probably get (by keying in the IELTS scores of your expectation). Based on the CRS, you have might want to decide if you will get a direct ITA or if you will go for a PNP.
In other hands I used WES tool which says my education equivalency is a bachelor's degree and Master's degree.

Nice. More CRS points for Masters degree.
I
n addition, my common-in-law partner and I have a baby. Is her birth certificate proof enough to show cohabitation since the bills and bank account is under my partner's name? Finally have to clarify that even when the bank account belongs to my partner, we both fill it with money.

To prove a common law union, the most commonly presented evidences are joint bank account and joint lease agreements. It is better to have either/both of present as evidence. Also, joint account works well for showing POF.

Please note that you will need only your ECA report # and your IELTS TRF number to be able to create your EE profile. All the other documentation are a part of the post ITA application.

Feel free to post any other queries you might have!

Good luck and all the very best!

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
SamSamo said:
Thanks for answers.
Other questions.
My current job is in NOC category A (2113), but I still don't have a full one year of employment (joined the company in June 2015). And the previous 4 years I worked in NOC the same NOC category B (2212) with 2 different companies (2 years in each).
My education (both BSc and MSc) is related to my current employment in NOC category A (2113). My question is: what is the best way to fill in work history section? Should I indicate my 4 years of employment in work history and my current employment in personal history?
You get maximum points for 3 years of work experience. You have 4. So, it is sufficient if you declare that. You can retain the details of your latest job in the personal history section alone and mention the other 2 jobs in the work history section. This way, you will get maximum CRS points and you will have to submit reference letters only for those 2 jobs.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Mohammed Imran Khan said:
Dear rajkamalmohanram

I left USA in 2004 and had got a PCC in 2008 from FBI, I have used the original PCC for some other purpose. Can I use the photocopy of the PCC or do I have to apply for a new one. Please advise.
Using the photocopy is not recommended. If you have a soft copy of the original, then you might be able to use it. I suggest you to apply for a fresh FBI PCC.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
sreeraj115@gmail.com said:
Hi Raj,

My CRS score is 441 and as you know, the lowest score to receive an ITA in the last pool draw was 453. Hence, I am expecting a chance within next three draws if they follow the same pattern. I am returning to India for 1 month vacation next week. I can arrange enough money and get POF from bank while I am in India. But it will be difficult after I return to Qatar. In that case, is it okay if I prepare POF before I receive an ITA? Also, please explain about "Deed of gift" mentioned in Joel's post. I was planning to use statements for my NRE account which I have been using to transfer my salary regularly for past 3 years. However, I might need to borrow some money from friends and relatives to meet the requirement. Will I have to produce proof for all those deposits?

Thanks,
Sreeraj
1) Yes, you can, by all means, arrange for the funds before ITA.

2) A gift deed is an affidavit that is given by the person who gifted you the deed. It should mention that the money that has been given to you is an irrevocable gift and you are free to use it for any purpose.

3) "Borrow" or "Take a gift" ? ;) . If you are getting a gift from multiple people, then it is best to transfer all the funds into one account and then transfer that to your account. Multiple gift deeds would make your financial profile look weak. Transfer all the funds to one person (preferably parents) and then transfer that to your account and take a gift deed from your parents.

SamSamo

Star Member
Dec 27, 2015
rajkamalmohanram said:
You get maximum points for 3 years of work experience. You have 4. So, it is sufficient if you declare that. You can retain the details of your latest job in the personal history section alone and mention the other 2 jobs in the work history section. This way, you will get maximum CRS points and you will have to submit reference letters only for those 2 jobs.
That's crystal clear.
Thank a lot.

ClaireAero

Nov 24, 2015
Hey with respect to the experience letter, they have added as below for hours.

'She was expected to work for 47.5 hours per week'

Will that suffice?? I am not happy with the words!

Thanks
Claire

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
ClaireAero said:
Hey with respect to the experience letter, they have added as below for hours.

'She was expected to work for 47.5 hours per week'

Will that suffice?? I am not happy with the words!

Thanks
Claire
I believe it is sufficient but if you have the opportunity to change it, change it to something like 47.5 hours (full-time) or something on those lines :) .

jj0502

Nov 4, 2015
rajkamalmohanram said:
I believe it is sufficient but if you have the opportunity to change it, change it to something like 47.5 hours (full-time) or something on those lines :) .
My sibling is in saskatoon and i got pt from ontario and m applying for oinp so my question is will it create any negative impact on my oinp application ?

Note: m not eligible for sinp for my noc code which is not in demand 1212

Misha30

Jan 15, 2016
Hi there,
I am applying for Express entry with my boyfriend, he is the principal applicant. We don't live together at the moment but we did in the past, is that enough to prove our common law? Or do we have to live together at the time we apply?
What if we get married? Is it easier or do we still have to prove that we live together?
Thank you very much.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
jj0502 said:
My sibling is in saskatoon and i got pt from ontario and m applying for oinp so my question is will it create any negative impact on my oinp application ?

Note: m not eligible for sinp for my noc code which is not in demand 1212
In a provincial nomination application, please do NOT mention any relatives/friends living in a province other than the province you are applying to. You will have the extra burden of proving that you will not run away to the province where your friend/relative is residing.

ClaireAero

Nov 24, 2015
rajkamalmohanram said:
Actually it is like this

'This is to certify that _________(Employee id------) was employed with our organisation from ___ to ___ on a full time basis and at the time of leaving she was designated as senior engineer, she was expected to work for 47.5 hours per week and her last drawn fixed gross salary was Rs---------/-

followed with my responsibilities'

So this should be fine right??
Thanks
Claire