+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry in a nutshell

sreeraj115@gmail.com

Oct 11, 2015
rajkamalmohanram said:
1) Yes, you can, by all means, arrange for the funds before ITA.

2) A gift deed is an affidavit that is given by the person who gifted you the deed. It should mention that the money that has been given to you is an irrevocable gift and you are free to use it for any purpose.

3) "Borrow" or "Take a gift" ? ;) . If you are getting a gift from multiple people, then it is best to transfer all the funds into one account and then transfer that to your account. Multiple gift deeds would make your financial profile look weak. Transfer all the funds to one person (preferably parents) and then transfer that to your account and take a gift deed from your parents.
Yes Raj,

That's my plan. However, I cannot deposit Indian money in my NRE account. I will be using my other bank account (older than 5 years) available in the same branch for depositing the "borrowed" money. I suppose it wont be a problem if I submit POF by combining details from my both accounts. Is there any validity period for the POF issued by bank? Because, I wont be able to keep such a large sum of money untouched for a long period time. Of course I can produce the settlement amount at POE, if I succeed in getting a visa.

And thank you very much for being patient with my queries. :-[

Thanks,

Sreeraj

jj0502

Nov 4, 2015
rajkamalmohanram said:
In a provincial nomination application, please do NOT mention any relatives/friends living in a province other than the province you are applying to. You will have the extra burden of proving that you will not run away to the province where your friend/relative is residing.
but than it will be missrepresantation for nomination application m hiding something from them ??

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Misha30 said:
Hi there,
I am applying for Express entry with my boyfriend, he is the principal applicant. We don't live together at the moment but we did in the past, is that enough to prove our common law? Or do we have to live together at the time we apply?
What if we get married? Is it easier or do we still have to prove that we live together?
Thank you very much.
Check the below links out -

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?q=347&t=14
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?q=346&t=14

It just says you should have been in a relationship (that you can provide evidence for) for at least 12 consecutive months. This does not mention whether you must be currently "living together" or not {Though your relationship must be ongoing). You guys have a baby so that makes the case a little solid - IMO.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
jj0502 said:
but than it will be missrepresantation for nomination application m hiding something from them ??
You are not "obligated" to mention any relatives. You "can" mention them, if you want to - As per my understanding.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
sreeraj115@gmail.com said:
Yes Raj,

That's my plan. However, I cannot deposit Indian money in my NRE account. I will be using my other bank account (older than 5 years) available in the same branch for depositing the "borrowed" money. I suppose it wont be a problem if I submit POF by combining details from my both accounts. Is there any validity period for the POF issued by bank? Because, I wont be able to keep such a large sum of money untouched for a long period time. Of course I can produce the settlement amount at POE, if I succeed in getting a visa.

And thank you very much for being patient with my queries. :-[

Thanks,

Sreeraj
Yes, you can show the monies in multiple accounts (as long as the accounts are in your name OR it is a joint account with your spouse). I suggested against using multiple gift deeds and not against showing monies from different accounts.

While it is recommended that you do not touch the POF that is set aside for immigration purpose, you might face events that compels you to use those funds. If you use those funds, then you might want to replenish the account before submitting the application to CIC and/or before you land in Canada.

"Borrowing" isn't the correct term since you are ineligible to immigrate with borrowed funds. However, "gift" is acceptable in the eyes of CIC.

sreeraj115@gmail.com

Oct 11, 2015
rajkamalmohanram said:
Yes, you can show the monies in multiple accounts (as long as the accounts are in your name OR it is a joint account with your spouse). I suggested against using multiple gift deeds and not against showing monies from different accounts.

While it is recommended that you do not touch the POF that is set aside for immigration purpose, you might face events that compels you to use those funds. If you use those funds, then you might want to replenish the account before submitting the application to CIC and/or before you land in Canada.

"Borrowing" isn't the correct term since you are ineligible to immigrate with borrowed funds. However, "gift" is acceptable in the eyes of CIC.
I understand clearly Raj. Now I see why consultancies are charging huge amounts for doing "Just" the paper work. This is getting complicated every day. :'( Thanks for helping me out.

Regards,
Sreeraj

Aragorn165

Champion Member
Sep 18, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-03-2016
Nomination.....
03-11-2015
AOR Received.
04-03-2016
Passport Req..
02-09-2016
rajkamalmohanram,
Thanks for all the help that you give me and others on this board. I really appreciate how you go out of your way to help those in need- it is not something you need to do, and yet you do it. I appreciate it, and so does everyone else who has benefitted so much from all the assistance you have provided. I know I have asked you a lot of questions in this thread already- hopefully this will be one of my last ones.
My question here is regarding my proof of funds. I have secured the funds, I have them in my account, and I have the statement from the bank too, via my bank passbook. I also have a gift deed for my mother on a stamp paper to establish the source of these funds (as per your thread on this subject- again, thank you!), and to establish that these are liquid funds forever available to me, never to be returned, to be used as I see see fit.
So far, so good. There is just one issue: my bank account in question was only opened a month ago.
There is a reason for this- for the last five years, from August 2010 to July 2015, I had been studying abroad in the US. I had not had a bank account, even a joint bank account, in India during this period, as I had no need to, I had been a minor at the time. Once I reached the US, I opened a bank account, which I used to conduct all my transactions. The US bank account was used to apply to OINP and establish a proof of funds back when I was applying to OINP in July. I did not get around to opening an Indian bank account until earlier in January 16- simply because I did not need to.
Now, my question is, this is obviously going to look weird- the fact that the account I am using to demonstrate proof of funds was opened just a month before I apply has to be weird to anybody. My question was, what can I do about this? Would attaching a letter of explanation, explaining my situation and why I did not need an Indian account until just now, work? I could also attach my US bank statements that I used when applying to OINP, to prove that the funds have existed for a long time, that they have been at my disposal for a while now, and that I have a continuous financial history.
I know this is a bit tricky, but I would appreciate your advice. Thanks!

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Aragorn165 said:
rajkamalmohanram,
Thanks for all the help that you give me and others on this board. I really appreciate how you go out of your way to help those in need- it is not something you need to do, and yet you do it. I appreciate it, and so does everyone else who has benefitted so much from all the assistance you have provided. I know I have asked you a lot of questions in this thread already- hopefully this will be one of my last ones.
My question here is regarding my proof of funds. I have secured the funds, I have them in my account, and I have the statement from the bank too, via my bank passbook. I also have a gift deed for my mother on a stamp paper to establish the source of these funds (as per your thread on this subject- again, thank you!), and to establish that these are liquid funds forever available to me, never to be returned, to be used as I see see fit.
So far, so good. There is just one issue: my bank account in question was only opened a month ago.
There is a reason for this- for the last five years, from August 2010 to July 2015, I had been studying abroad in the US. I had not had a bank account, even a joint bank account, in India during this period, as I had no need to, I had been a minor at the time. Once I reached the US, I opened a bank account, which I used to conduct all my transactions. The US bank account was used to apply to OINP and establish a proof of funds back when I was applying to OINP in July. I did not get around to opening an Indian bank account until earlier in January 16- simply because I did not need to.
Now, my question is, this is obviously going to look weird- the fact that the account I am using to demonstrate proof of funds was opened just a month before I apply has to be weird to anybody. My question was, what can I do about this? Would attaching a letter of explanation, explaining my situation and why I did not need an Indian account until just now, work? I could also attach my US bank statements that I used when applying to OINP, to prove that the funds have existed for a long time, that they have been at my disposal for a while now, and that I have a continuous financial history.
I know this is a bit tricky, but I would appreciate your advice. Thanks!
Its not as weird as you think. This can be solved by attaching a Letter of Explanation that describes your situation (be very polite, as always :) ). Along with this, the statements of your new bank account, the statements of your previous bank account and the gift deed should solve this. As long as you can prove to CIC that this was a gift, you are good to go!

And as always, happy to help :) .

Good luck and all the very best!

Aragorn165

Champion Member
Sep 18, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-03-2016
Nomination.....
03-11-2015
AOR Received.
04-03-2016
Passport Req..
02-09-2016
rajkamalmohanram said:
Its not as weird as you think. This can be solved by attaching a Letter of Explanation that describes your situation (be very polite, as always :) ). Along with this, the statements of your new bank account, the statements of your previous bank account and the gift deed should solve this. As long as you can prove to CIC that this was a gift, you are good to go!

And as always, happy to help :) .

Thank you once again! I shall do just that, then :)

Nalanda

Star Member
Dec 16, 2015
Thanks Raj for your wonderful explanation.

I mentioned in my previous thread that I received ineligible after submitting EE profile. Recently I learnt that after submitting my EE profile, I need to create a job bank profile. But I didn't create the job bank profile at that time, I was not aware of it. Still my status shows as ineligible.

Below details for your reference:
Application/profile status - Profile Ineligible
Review of Minimum Entry Criteria - Not Met
Job Bank Registration - EMPTY

Express Entry Profile Details
Federal Skilled Worker Not Met
Provincial Nominee Program Not Met
Canadian Experience Class Not Met
Federal Skilled Trades Not Met

Express Entry Profile Effective Date - 16-October-2015
Express Entry Client Expiry Date - 16-October-2016

What does it mean expiry date as 16-October-2016?

Do I need to create a job bank profile now for the application submitted in Oct 2015? How do I link it with my EE profile id which I submitted in October 2015.
I didn't receive any score at that time.

Do I need to update my express entry profile created in October 2015 or create a new one now?

Aragorn165

Champion Member
Sep 18, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-03-2016
Nomination.....
03-11-2015
AOR Received.
04-03-2016
Passport Req..
02-09-2016
Okay, I know I wasn't supposed to ask more questions, but this is something that came up today that i hadn't given much thought to earlier...

So, this is to do with this question:

'Has applicant ever been refused a visa or permit, denied entry or ordered to leave Canada or any other country?'

In 2010, I left India to go study in the United States. My first interview for a student visa, however, I did not get the visa; I did not get a refusal letter. I went for the interview, and the interview officer told me that I was not getting a visa, because I was unable to demonstrate intent to emigrate, and she advised me to schedule a second appointment, which I did. In the second appointment, I was issued a visa without any further questions asked or documentation needed.
No letter of refusal was ever issued, however.

My question is, does this count as a refusal of visa? I never had any issues getting into the US, I just did not get my student visa issued during the first interview, but during the second one, I got it without any issues whatsoever. Should I just answer with 'No' in the application for this question?

xelatoille

Jan 27, 2016
Hi there,
Here are my questions, I hope someone can help me:
My brother applied for EE last April but got ITA under CEC 2 weeks ago.
He worked in Alberta for almost 2 years with PGWP, which expired last September.(he could not extend his permit without LMIA)
He got a visitor visa and came to NB where I live, to spend time with us for the Holidays and plans to go back to home country for a while before he can land since he cannot work in Canada at the moment. He would like to live and work here to be close to me, his brother in law and nephews, but it is difficult to get a job offer here in his field, especially in the next 60 days. His former employer in Alberta can provide an offer of employment on the same position he had prior to his permit expiring, so my question is, could he provide that offer of employment but still come to NB after to try to get a job here? Is he obligated to land or work for the employer who offered him a job in his application even if it's not through PNP?
Before he lived in Alberta he worked here in NB for a year, however not under his primary NOC. The company here loved him and they are happily giving him an offer of employment. Is it an issue if it's a job that is not his primary field or what his degree is for? I'm assuming it's a problem but wanted to make sure.

Thank you

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Nalanda said:

I mentioned in my previous thread that I received ineligible after submitting EE profile. Recently I learnt that after submitting my EE profile, I need to create a job bank profile. But I didn't create the job bank profile at that time, I was not aware of it. Still my status shows as ineligible.

Do I need to create a job bank profile now for the application submitted in Oct 2015? How do I link it with my EE profile id which I submitted in October 2015.

Do I need to update my express entry profile created in October 2015 or create a new one now?
1) EE profile is valid for 12 months. If you don't get an ITA within 12 months, your EE profile expires and you will have to create new profile.

2) Your profile is deemed eligible. You now have to create a new profile.

3) After you create your EE profile, you'll get a message in your myCIC account. Open the PDF in that message and you'll see your Express Entry profile number and your job seeker validation code.

Click on this link --->https://seeker.jobbank.gc.ca/seeker/ and then click "Register". Key in your EE profile number and the job seeker validation code. Your EE profile and your jobbank account would be linked.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Aragorn165 said:
Okay, I know I wasn't supposed to ask more questions, but this is something that came up today that i hadn't given much thought to earlier...

So, this is to do with this question:

'Has applicant ever been refused a visa or permit, denied entry or ordered to leave Canada or any other country?'

In 2010, I left India to go study in the United States. My first interview for a student visa, however, I did not get the visa; I did not get a refusal letter. I went for the interview, and the interview officer told me that I was not getting a visa, because I was unable to demonstrate intent to emigrate, and she advised me to schedule a second appointment, which I did. In the second appointment, I was issued a visa without any further questions asked or documentation needed.
No letter of refusal was ever issued, however.

My question is, does this count as a refusal of visa? I never had any issues getting into the US, I just did not get my student visa issued during the first interview, but during the second one, I got it without any issues whatsoever. Should I just answer with 'No' in the application for this question?
IMO, you can answer "No" to that question!

sreeraj115@gmail.com

Oct 11, 2015
Nalanda said:

Hi Nalanda,

I had faced the same issue when I created my profile in CIC for the first time. In order to create a job bank account, you have to be "Eligible" first for any of the immigration programs. You will receive a message from CIC to create job bank profile after they evaluate your submitted profile. Your CRS score will also be displayed in your EE profile if you meet the requirements. The job bank will automatically sync your EE profile details once you create the job bank account.

Make sure that you enter the information correctly while creating the EE profile. Sometimes it gets confusing and I succeeded in my third attempt. Once you create a profile, it will be valid for only 1 year. From the information provided by you, your profile expires on 16 October 2016. If it is ineligible, you have to start with a new application.

NB : I am telling this based on my experience. I am not sure if there is any other way. :)

Regards,
Sreeraj