Express Entry - e-APR Submitted in November 2016

Ahmad Shqair

Star Member
Dec 11, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I'll be damned! I never knew such a difference exists between (security) and (security screening). Just now I started researching it and it seems like I am royally screwed.

So basically SS will add, at a minimum, 2 more additional months, and possibly more than a year until completion. Being from Iraq(i Kurdistan), I'm sure the process will be very slow, which means I'm in this for the long haul.

What is most irritating is that my AOR was 13 November, and I passed eligibility and had my application moved to Paris Visa Office by 29 November, then my application was there with ZERO movement or update until they started SS on 17 May (which is literally one day after I emailed them inquiring about why my application had not finalized even though 6 months had passed).

Why the bloody hell did no one touch my application in PVO for over five months?! This is truly unfair.
WOW.... lets just hope for the best

piyush_h

Star Member
Feb 25, 2017
Hi Guys,

Need your help, I have submitted all my documents on 5th July 2017 and received receipt of acknowledgment at the same time.
can someone please guide me with the next steps?
what are the next stages and how much time approximately it will take for the complete process?

Many thanks in advance!
Piyush

A.Syed1

Apr 21, 2016
I just checked my latest GCMS and on the page where it is written [s.15(1)] on the top-right corner, it says (security screening). I never thought much of it, but is (security screening) different from just (security)?
After reading your post I went and checked my GCMS notes and under Assessments [page with s. 15(1)] it just says "security" for me and not "security screening" yet I'm also stuck here. So I don't know what to make of that.

Edit: Sorry I was mistaken, it says security screening for me too under heading of "Admissibilities"

Last edited:

hb_rashidy

Aug 25, 2015
Pakistan
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
28-11-2016
Nomination.....
31-8-2016
AOR Received.
28-11-2016
IELTS Request
Ielts L8, R7.5, W7, S7
File Transfer...
16/12/2016
Med's Done....
16-11-2016
I'll be damned! I never knew such a difference exists between (security) and (security screening). Just now I started researching it and it seems like I am royally screwed.

So basically SS will add, at a minimum, 2 more additional months, and possibly more than a year until completion. Being from Iraq(i Kurdistan), I'm sure the process will be very slow, which means I'm in this for the long haul.

What is most irritating is that my AOR was 13 November, and I passed eligibility and had my application moved to Paris Visa Office by 29 November, then my application was there with ZERO movement or update until they started SS on 17 May (which is literally one day after I emailed them inquiring about why my application had not finalized even though 6 months had passed).

Why the bloody hell did no one touch my application in PVO for over five months?! This is truly unfair.

Totally unfair. BTW same happened with me. My File was transfered to London on 15 December. Not a single human being touched my file for 6.5 months until 28 June when my BG turned IP.

Zagros Ahmed

Star Member
Mar 7, 2016
Kurdistan
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Paris
AOR Received.
13-11-2016
After reading your post I went and checked my GCMS notes and under Assessments [page with s. 15(1)] it just says "security" for me and not "security screening" yet I'm also stuck here. So I don't know what to make of that.

Edit: Sorry I was mistaken, it says security screening for me too under heading of "Admissibilities"
I hope I'm wrong, but I think this means you are stuck with rest of us who are undergoing (security screening). Which means that you, too, are in this for the long haul.

Zagros Ahmed

Star Member
Mar 7, 2016
Kurdistan
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Paris
AOR Received.
13-11-2016
Totally unfair. BTW same happened with me. My File was transfered to London on 15 December. Not a single human being touched my file for 6.5 months until 28 June when my BG turned IP.
Unbelievable how some of these agents just slack off and have to be reminded of their work! How is your file coming along? Are you stuck with (security screening) as well or is it just "normal" security for you?

hb_rashidy

Aug 25, 2015
Pakistan
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
28-11-2016
Nomination.....
31-8-2016
AOR Received.
28-11-2016
IELTS Request
Ielts L8, R7.5, W7, S7
File Transfer...
16/12/2016
Med's Done....
16-11-2016
Unbelievable how some of these agents just slack off and have to be reminded of their work! How is your file coming along? Are you stuck with (security screening) as well or is it just "normal" security for you?
My GCMS notes were generated on 4 April. And Security was not started by that date.
Till 28 June my BG status was Not Applicable. On 28 June it turned IP.
So I have no clue that where am I stuck (either at security or at security screening)

A.Syed1

Apr 21, 2016
I hope I'm wrong, but I think this means you are stuck with rest of us who are undergoing (security screening). Which means that you, too, are in this for the long haul.
Zagros, I was doing some research on our situation and I found out that we can actually send a letter to CSIS (the agency conducting the security screening) and get an update on what stage our file is at. I'm thinking about drafting a letter and sending it in this upcoming weekend. It does say that they may take upto eight weeks to respond.

Check the link below, scroll to the bottom of the page:
https://www.csis-scrs.gc.ca/scrtscrnng/index-en.php

alexliu

Jul 20, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Sorry for the late reply, Raj, please update data.

Even though something went wrong and waste some time, I successfully landed today.
Thanks all your help, guys.
Wish all have a good future in Canada or wherever you will go~~

AmBiNa

Apr 26, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
Oct 13, 2016
AOR Received.
Nov 10, 2016
Med's Done....
Oct 24, 2016
Dear all,

I received my copr today
Thanks all for your help and wish you great luck ahead in your lives.
I am planning to land in Toronto by the end of July. And I couldn't find an airbnb to rent for several months. Could you please give me any usefull websites to find any kind of one bedroom places for reasonable prices in or around toronto.

Thanks a lot in advance and wish you best luck

AmBiNa

Apr 26, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
Oct 13, 2016
AOR Received.
Nov 10, 2016
Med's Done....
Oct 24, 2016
Sorry for the late reply, Raj, please update data.

Even though something went wrong and waste some time, I successfully landed today.
Thanks all your help, guys.
Wish all have a good future in Canada or wherever you will go~~
Great life ahead is waiting for you.

Where did you land and how did you manage for housing

sammoe

Star Member
May 20, 2016
Dear all,

I received my copr today
Thanks all for your help and wish you great luck ahead in your lives.
I am planning to land in Toronto by the end of July. And I couldn't find an airbnb to rent for several months. Could you please give me any usefull websites to find any kind of one bedroom places for reasonable prices in or around toronto.

Thanks a lot in advance and wish you best luck
Congrats!