+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry - e-APR Submitted in November 2016

A.Syed1

Apr 21, 2016
Ready to finlize is not synonymous to ready for visa email. My file was ready to finalize one month after eapr (feb 16 2017). I am stuck with many more Muslims (Pakistanis and middle easterns) in security screening. Most of Jan aors (my aor is jan 10) have their ppr. I, however, will be a fool to compare my timeline with them since majority of them dont have to undergo screening.
That's not necessarily true. I'm a PNP-Inland Nov applicant with Pakistani nationality and stuck in security screening since March, but I personally know of three or four of my friends who had the same situation (PNP-I, Pakistani, Nov applicant) who got their PPRs all the way back in May.

A.Syed1

Apr 21, 2016
Btw I got fed up of this situation and sent a compliant letter to Minister Ahmed Hussen through my local MP today. Let's see if he responds or any movement is made on my file. I have been stuck since last 8 months and before that I was stuck for 11 months for PNP.

shaheerjaved

Oct 25, 2016
That's not necessarily true. I'm a PNP-Inland Nov applicant with Pakistani nationality and stuck in security screening since March, but I personally know of three or four of my friends who had the same situation (PNP-I, Pakistani, Nov applicant) who got their PPRs all the way back in May.
in the same vein rafzy got his in 2 months! he is also a nov aor. I am talking about general trends and not about exceptions.

shaheerjaved

Oct 25, 2016
mps have got not much of a say when it comes down to screening. letter to minister might be of some help though.
Btw I got fed up of this situation and sent a compliant letter to Minister Ahmed Hussen through my local MP today. Let's see if he responds or any movement is made on my file. I have been stuck since last 8 months and before that I was stuck for 11 months for PNP.

hb_rashidy

Aug 25, 2015
Pakistan
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
28-11-2016
Nomination.....
31-8-2016
AOR Received.
28-11-2016
IELTS Request
Ielts L8, R7.5, W7, S7
File Transfer...
16/12/2016
Med's Done....
16-11-2016
I guess we are 7,8 ppl (from november) who r waiting for ppr the rest of us have gotten PPR

Zagros Ahmed

Star Member
Mar 7, 2016
Kurdistan
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Paris
AOR Received.
13-11-2016
So how many of us are left now??
Hello friend. I am still waiting as well. In a week's time, my application will reach the 8 month mark. It is extremely frustrating and very unfair when you see people who applied in April (with much fewer CRS points compared to us) have gotten their PPRs and yet our applications are closing in on a year and no one even bothers to give us an explanation.

The main problem is that when an application passes 6 months, there is no limit to how long it might take. For all we know, it could take another full year for it to be finalized. Hence, it is very difficult to make any plans when you are in this state of limbo.

InspiredC

Star Member
Mar 24, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Are all of us who's left in this thread undergoing security screening? Or are there some under normal security?

Zagros Ahmed

Star Member
Mar 7, 2016
Kurdistan
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Paris
AOR Received.
13-11-2016
Are all of us who's left in this thread undergoing security screening? Or are there some under normal security?
Can't talk for the others, but for me, according to my last GCMS (which I received about a month ago) everything had passed except for security.

A.Syed1

Apr 21, 2016
Can't talk for the others, but for me, according to my last GCMS (which I received about a month ago) everything had passed except for security.
Yeah same... for me everything has been passed since March but security is blank since then. It is so frustrating. Hopefully all of us hear something soon.

InspiredC

Star Member
Mar 24, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
We are in the same boat. Received my last GCMS notes on 26 May and shows all has passed but security is blank.

Have you tried phoning CIC since then for a new update or have you ordered new GCMS notes to track progress? Id your security showing "security screening' or just security?

InspiredC

Star Member
Mar 24, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yeah same... for me everything has been passed since March but security is blank since then. It is so frustrating. Hopefully all of us hear something soon.
I can second that, it is sooooo frustrating!! Same as you, everything shows passed but security is blank. How do we know if our security is normal security or security screening? Have you tried phoning CIC for a new update?

Zagros Ahmed

Star Member
Mar 7, 2016
Kurdistan
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Paris
AOR Received.
13-11-2016
We are in the same boat. Received my last GCMS notes on 26 May and shows all has passed but security is blank.

Have you tried phoning CIC since then for a new update or have you ordered new GCMS notes to track progress? Id your security showing "security screening' or just security?
I just checked my latest GCMS and on the page where it is written [s.15(1)] on the top-right corner, it says (security screening). I never thought much of it, but is (security screening) different from just (security)?

InspiredC

Star Member
Mar 24, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I just checked my latest GCMS and on the page where it is written [s.15(1)] on the top-right corner, it says (security screening). I never thought much of it, but is (security screening) different from just (security)?
As far as I know, security screening takes much longer than normal security. Everyone goes through security where all docs are verified and your name is checked on databases but with security screening, there is a much more in-depth process involving many agencies from around the world. I read on another thread that we can add a couple of months to our timeline if we are selected for security screening. When was your last GCMS notes released?

This is such a hard process, hope you get great news very soon!

Zagros Ahmed

Star Member
Mar 7, 2016
Kurdistan
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Paris
AOR Received.
13-11-2016
As far as I know, security screening takes much longer than normal security. Everyone goes through security where all docs are verified and your name is checked on databases but with security screening, there is a much more in-depth process involving many agencies from around the world. I read on another thread that we can add a couple of months to our timeline if we are selected for security screening. When was your last GCMS notes released?

This is such a hard process, hope you get great news very soon!
I'll be damned! I never knew such a difference exists between (security) and (security screening). Just now I started researching it and it seems like I am royally screwed.

So basically SS will add, at a minimum, 2 more additional months, and possibly more than a year until completion. Being from Iraq(i Kurdistan), I'm sure the process will be very slow, which means I'm in this for the long haul.

What is most irritating is that my AOR was 13 November, and I passed eligibility and had my application moved to Paris Visa Office by 29 November, then my application was there with ZERO movement or update until they started SS on 17 May (which is literally one day after I emailed them inquiring about why my application had not finalized even though 6 months had passed).

Why the bloody hell did no one touch my application in PVO for over five months?! This is truly unfair.