+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry - e-APR Submitted in November 2016

shaheerjaved

Oct 25, 2016
My GCMS notes were generated on 4 April. And Security was not started by that date.
Till 28 June my BG status was Not Applicable. On 28 June it turned IP.
So I have no clue that where am I stuck (either at security or at security screening)
u will know this in the notes that were/will be ordered after ip

Zagros Ahmed

Star Member
Mar 7, 2016
Kurdistan
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Paris
AOR Received.
13-11-2016
Dear all,

I received my copr today
Thanks all for your help and wish you great luck ahead in your lives.
I am planning to land in Toronto by the end of July. And I couldn't find an airbnb to rent for several months. Could you please give me any usefull websites to find any kind of one bedroom places for reasonable prices in or around toronto.

Thanks a lot in advance and wish you best luck
Congratulations friend. I wish you all the very best. I hear Airbnb and Kijiji are the best two options for short-term housing.

Reactions: AmBiNa

Zagros Ahmed

Star Member
Mar 7, 2016
Kurdistan
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Paris
AOR Received.
13-11-2016
Zagros, I was doing some research on our situation and I found out that we can actually send a letter to CSIS (the agency conducting the security screening) and get an update on what stage our file is at. I'm thinking about drafting a letter and sending it in this upcoming weekend. It does say that they may take upto eight weeks to respond.

Check the link below, scroll to the bottom of the page:
https://www.csis-scrs.gc.ca/scrtscrnng/index-en.php
Many thanks for the information. I didn't know it's possible to ask for a status update about SS, however, this seems to be possible only for those inland as a physical letter has to be sent (not email), though I do have a friend there who could do it in my stead (with a consent letter from me). So I'll probably attempt it soon. Hopefully it will give us some insight into whatever the hell is going on with our applications.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Sorry for the late reply, Raj, please update data.

Even though something went wrong and waste some time, I successfully landed today.
Thanks all your help, guys.
Wish all have a good future in Canada or wherever you will go~~
Congrats man! All the very best!

Hope all our peers from November get their PPRs at the earliest!

Good luck and all the very best!

rmddaharwal

May 12, 2016
Hi Guys,

I am a November Applicant PNP-I here ans still waiting for the PPR. However my case is little bit different and need some help.

So, I got my ITA in November. Since I was waiting for my PPR, I got married in April and sent an email to CIC about the Marital Status change and requested them to include my wife's file.

I got the list of the documents for my Spouse and submitted the same. In application, it seems like they have already received my Spouse's document as I can see her UCI number in my application.

Today, I got an message from CIC, that they are reviewing my wife's file and need her to take medical examination.

However, when I submitted her application, she took the medical exam that time and we also attached the Acknowledgement receipt to that application while submitting to CIC.

I am not sure why they are again again asking for the medical. When I checked the letter again that they sent requesting for my wife;s document, it mentioned that:
8. Medical certificate
Your spouse or CLP and their dependent children, whether or not they will be accompanying you to Canada, will have to undergo a medical examination by an authorized CIC panel physician. We will send you the appropriate forms upon receipt and review of the documents listed above.
If you have already completed the Immigration medical examination, please provide proof of completion.

So , I am wondering, She did not have to take the test that time and waited for the letter that I got today for medical exam.

let me know what should I do in this case. Should I take her for the medical exam or send an email to CIC that she has already take the medical test.
If so, where to email and who to call.

Thanks,
Rishi

Akki045

Star Member
Jun 12, 2017
Does the application goes to NA stage from IP1 for US residents? My application was in IP1 stage for three weeks and today it went to NA. Not sure whether it means something is wrong with the application that they stopped doing Background check. can anyone please let me know their thoughts on this?

thestunner316

Champion Member
Feb 6, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Guys,

I am a November Applicant PNP-I here ans still waiting for the PPR. However my case is little bit different and need some help.

So, I got my ITA in November. Since I was waiting for my PPR, I got married in April and sent an email to CIC about the Marital Status change and requested them to include my wife's file.

I got the list of the documents for my Spouse and submitted the same. In application, it seems like they have already received my Spouse's document as I can see her UCI number in my application.

Today, I got an message from CIC, that they are reviewing my wife's file and need her to take medical examination.

However, when I submitted her application, she took the medical exam that time and we also attached the Acknowledgement receipt to that application while submitting to CIC.

I am not sure why they are again again asking for the medical. When I checked the letter again that they sent requesting for my wife;s document, it mentioned that:
8. Medical certificate
Your spouse or CLP and their dependent children, whether or not they will be accompanying you to Canada, will have to undergo a medical examination by an authorized CIC panel physician. We will send you the appropriate forms upon receipt and review of the documents listed above.
If you have already completed the Immigration medical examination, please provide proof of completion.

So , I am wondering, She did not have to take the test that time and waited for the letter that I got today for medical exam.

let me know what should I do in this case. Should I take her for the medical exam or send an email to CIC that she has already take the medical test.
If so, where to email and who to call.

Thanks,
Rishi
raise a CSE and show the medical proof of exam. no need to take exam again.
CSE link is there in the AOR attachment you would have received when you paid the Immg fees.

GamerBird

Star Member
Jun 4, 2017
I just recvd 2nd set of GCMS notes and there is no update at all..

Security: Not Started.

The only change I can notice is the info about the calls I made to enquire about the status of my application.

I will complete 8 months tomorrow since aor..

This is so disappointing and frustrating..:(:(:(

Last edited:

Zagros Ahmed

Star Member
Mar 7, 2016
Kurdistan
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Paris
AOR Received.
13-11-2016
I just recvd 2nd set of GCMS notes and there is no update at all..

Security: Not Started.

The only change I can notice is the info about the calls I made to enquire about the status of my application.

I will complete 8 months tomorrow since aor..

This is so disappointing and frustrating..:(:(:(
I know this feeling man. My application is about to reach 9 months! Some people at IRCC and CSIS are really slacking off.

A.Syed1

Apr 21, 2016
I think we are stuck waiting IRCC officer to review our profile not in security phase ..
To confirm that you guys should write to CSIS and enquire about the status of your security screening. I have done so and patiently waiting for their reply. If it is true that our security has been completed months ago and we are just being delayed because of a lazy case officer then I'll very pissed. Our lives are in the balance.