Jul 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Freedom2016 said:
I am not feeling bad about others having or getting their Ppr.

I can do what I please, if ranting makes me feel better I will rant it is a free world and a free country we intend to move to. No one's pain is fruitless in anyway. You do not know me and do not know what my present condition is.
It is ok to rant a bit.
Sometimes the delays are about some security checks or other checks (if they want to confirm your employment for example). Sometimes it is just because you have similar or same name as somebody else. Yes it is not your fault, but they need to make sure who is who.
And sometimes there are internal issues (like there was some kind of office strike for better salaries and then they do not move files, or if they get internal request to priorities certain type of applications then others have to wait).
All that is what we neither see nor can influence. Best advice is to check upon your notes, if you see your file is not moving, to see if ever there is something you could influence (for example forwarding additional documents and such).
good luck.

royce110

Nov 25, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Freedom2016 said:
I feel the agony with you.
I am frustrated everyday!
I am emotionally and mentally drained, thinking about the when!!

Hopefully our frustration will end soonest.
hb_rashidy said:
u r very right, its very easy to advise patience but its completely unfair when u r left behind.
i m in the same boat (pnp plus november aor). after 2 days it will be 4 months for me. my notes say that last time my app was checked on 16 December (transferred to local visa office same date) . and its been almost 3.5 months since nobody has checked my file at London visa office. At the same time london office is issuing Pprs to ppl with December, January AORs.
Every day from morning to evening, I see tens of people reporting Pprs on different forums - november, december- jan even feb aors.
my frustration and anxiety is at severe level. i stopped checking my profile for 10 days. checked it yesterday and it is same as it was 3.5 months before. no update.
Freedom2016 said:
Exactly! Very easy to preach patience but it is still very unfair! What happened to FIFO?
In the days of FSW via paper this was the way! Now it's like a lottery, at least it seems that way.
thestunner316 said:
guys relax... no need to vent anger and spread negativity... this isnt like OINP where you can kind of assume FCFS... every case application is different. every VO is different, security checks are different... so many factors... and its not like 6 months have passed,

relax, spend some time with your family, friends, loved ones.... i can assure you 1 year into moving full time to canada you will regret the days that you spent worrying instead of relaxing and spending quality time at home... :) cheers
Freedom2016 said:

I can do what I please, if ranting makes me feel better I will rant it is a free world and a free country we intend to move to. No one's pain is fruitless in anyway. You do not know me and do not know what my present condition is.
Guys,

Everyone has the right to vent their emotions, it is our very human nature. However let us not lose control of our feelings.

The wait is agonizing, to say the least.

We are not upset that others are receiving their PPRs. Everyone who has qualified, invested their money and time deserves to move for a better life.
The issue is when others after you have received PPR, it leads you wonder if there might be something in your application which might be causing delays or whether they might have misplaced some files(as we have seen before with some applicants).
The only temporary fix for this is to order GMCS notes - which I would be doing tomorrow, feel free to join me.

Some of us here who are waiting have some problem or the other in our present lives, hence the added pressure to immigrate.
We do not know what situation people are in, for some of us this is the only ray of hope in life after a tiresome 2 year wait.

Let us use this forum to stay in touch with each other and find comfort in each other as a group whilst we wait without any negativity.

For those who have already received PPR, request you to be empathetic towards those who are still waiting.

For those who are still waiting, please vent in a respectful manner and try to find solace in each other.

For those who have nothing beneficial to say, please do not say anything at all.

Peace.

royce110

Nov 25, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
vensak said:
It is ok to rant a bit.
Sometimes the delays are about some security checks or other checks (if they want to confirm your employment for example). Sometimes it is just because you have similar or same name as somebody else. Yes it is not your fault, but they need to make sure who is who.
And sometimes there are internal issues (like there was some kind of office strike for better salaries and then they do not move files, or if they get internal request to priorities certain type of applications then others have to wait).
All that is what we neither see nor can influence. Best advice is to check upon your notes, if you see your file is not moving, to see if ever there is something you could influence (for example forwarding additional documents and such).
good luck.
+1

cool2409

Star Member
Jul 13, 2016
Hi Guys,

The email I received has spelling mistake in my name. How do I inform them about name correction while submitting passport at VFS?

Freedom2016

Star Member
Dec 2, 2016
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
vensak said:
It is ok to rant a bit.
good luck.
Thank you
+1

Ajku

Feb 23, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
25-11-2016
Med's Done....
25-11-2016
It is really hard to wait. Even I crossed 4 months mark today since AOR and only medicals passed.
I left all hopes during OINP and got nomination without any add docs or any reminder mail. But this is really frustrating. I woke up everyday to check my mail and cic account. May God brings us goodluck soon.
This is really stressing because I waited for the right time and got eligible . my colleagues often say unpredictability is not good. enjoy your current job as you are well settled here!
This feeling is different. In a sort I am enjoying it and cursing it the same time! This is called life my dear friends, and as we all have fallen prey to this bittersweet waiting, lets give each other courage and wish for speedy ppr.

Gladossy

Nov 29, 2015
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
12**
App. Filed.......
10/01/2017
Doc's Request.
31 Jan - Schedule A
AOR Received.
10/01
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Passed: 29/01/1987
Passport Req..
25/05/2017
Freedom2016 said:
Thank you
+1
Hey Free,
I could tell from your recent messages on the forum that something was going on with you. Whatever it is, I hope you get your PPR soonest, so you can get some kind of relieve with your situation.

If you need someone to talk/rant to, you are free to pm me.

meteora

Aug 15, 2016
Hi All, i am little bit nervous as i got an email that i have a new message in the CIC account as i am expecting a PPR request but i cant see any application when i log on. i have raised a technical issue with CIC. i am wondering how long do we get to submit the passport to VFS ?

Gladossy

Nov 29, 2015
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
12**
App. Filed.......
10/01/2017
Doc's Request.
31 Jan - Schedule A
AOR Received.
10/01
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Passport Req..
25/05/2017
meteora said:
Hi All, i am little bit nervous as i got an email that i have a new message in the CIC account as i am expecting a PPR request but i cant see any application when i log on. i have raised a technical issue with CIC. i am wondering how long do we get to submit the passport to VFS ?
Your best bet will be to call cic and get to the bottom of the issue, instead of waiting for a reply from the tech crew.

Did the email read "you have a message" or "your account as been updated"?

shaheerjaved

Oct 25, 2016
Freedom2016 said:

Sorry if i have hurt you. I am unaware of your circumstances, but whatever it is, i really hope that you get out of it with a happy ending!

Cheers and good luck for a speedy PPR.

beogradjanin1

Apr 6, 2013
Ok, this might help to someone. First of all, stop reading this forum every day, this forum could make you feel worst. Thank god that this forum exists so we can help each other but if you read it every day it will make you more upset. Yes, the system is unfair, I am in the same situation like anyone else. I have been a student in Canada, then I got the job, work for one year and then applied under PNP. So yes I invested lots of time, money and energy. Well, let me tell you something they told me this when I applied, you can expect a final decision in 6 months. In a few days, it is going to be 5 months that I am waiting for. So in my mind, I have one more month and a few days to wait until the final decision. I don't care when John or Tim has got their PPRs and I just care about my timeline. So how am I doing that, simple, I put in my brain that I will get PPR in May and I am calm. So I am not reading this forum every day and that helps if I do, probably I would be mad the same way as you guys are. I am checking my email every day and mycic account but other than that I am doing my regular daily things like nothing is going on besides that. I got AOR on November 10th if I wait until May 11 and I do not get PPR then I will start calling them, writing emails, protesting, crying and all other things.

meteora

Aug 15, 2016
Gladossy said:
Your best bet will be to call cic and get to the bottom of the issue, instead of waiting for a reply from the tech crew.

Did the email read "you have a message" or "your account as been updated"?
Thanks for your reply Gladossy. The email explicitly says "you have a new message in your account for application XXX". whats the best way of reaching CIC outside of Canada?

s2l

Star Member
Sep 11, 2016
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-10-16
Nomination.....
07-10-16
AOR Received.
01-11-16
Passport Req..
04-04-17
VISA ISSUED...
06-04-17
LANDED..........
25-04-17
beogradjanin1 said:
Ok, this might help to someone. First of all, stop reading this forum every day, this forum could make you feel worst. Thank god that this forum exists so we can help each other but if you read it every day it will make you more upset. Yes, the system is unfair, I am in the same situation like anyone else. I have been a student in Canada, then I got the job, work for one year and then applied under PNP. So yes I invested lots of time, money and energy. Well, let me tell you something they told me this when I applied, you can expect a final decision in 6 months. In a few days, it is going to be 5 months that I am waiting for. So in my mind, I have one more month and a few days to wait until the final decision. I don't care when John or Tim has got their PPRs and I just care about my timeline. So how am I doing that, simple, I put in my brain that I will get PPR in May and I am calm. So I am not reading this forum every day and that helps if I do, probably I would be mad the same way as you guys are. I am checking my email every day and mycic account but other than that I am doing my regular daily things like nothing is going on besides that. I got AOR on November 10th if I wait until May 11 and I do not get PPR then I will start calling them, writing emails, protesting, crying and all other things.
You are so right. While the process may be unfair, we all must realize that this is something we cannot control and shouldn't be trying to control. We should all support each other while we wait. Tomorrow will be the start of another week and hopefully some of us will get the good news :) wish you all a pleasant week ahead!

Gladossy

Nov 29, 2015
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
12**
App. Filed.......
10/01/2017
Doc's Request.
31 Jan - Schedule A
AOR Received.
10/01
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Passport Req..
25/05/2017
meteora said:
Thanks for your reply Gladossy. The email explicitly says "you have a new message in your account for application XXX". whats the best way of reaching CIC outside of Canada?
If you are calling outside Canada +1613944400.

Make sure you have enough call credit, because you will be on hold for close to 30 mints if not more.