+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

EVERYTHING ABOUT MORDEN 2016

rdmindia

Nov 24, 2016
I replied to you with this information on another thread, but I decided to share it on this thread too in case it is useful to anyone:

For starters, you should check out their business directory to see what kind of businesses they have, see if you can schedule a few interviews to learn about what they do and the (long-term) possibility of working with them. http://business.mordenchamber.com/list

Also, visit Regional Connections, http://regionalconnections.ca/about-us/our-staff/morden/ which is a not-for-profit settlement and newcomer-serving agency with an office in Morden and one in Winkler, so that you find out what kind of resources they have for you to be able to settle, including employment help. If you or your spouse need to improve your English, ask them about possible courses to take.

They have a few nice restaurants in Morden, I recommend Mr. Mike's, Boston Pizza (it's a chain but it's very Canadian), and for a casual breakfast or lunch, go to Human Bean. To check out the local folk, go to Rocks, it's not anything spectacular but everyone from the region eats there. My father-in-law recommends a steak house there, but I don't remember the name.
If you need to buy groceries, the local Red River Co-op is an option, Shoppers and PharmaSave are the local drugstores in case you need anything, and you can also find some groceries at Giant Tiger.

I strongly recommend renting a car, because it is impossible to get there from Winnipeg by transit. I think there is a bus but even to move around Morden, you will need a car. I suggest driving around outside of Morden so that you can see the farms, the fields of wheat, canola, flax, sunflowers and corn, and the cattle. Visit nearby Winkler for a more affordable grocery store (Real Canadian Superstore), most people in Morden drive there to buy groceries. Plus, on your way to Winkler you will see the hospital that serves both towns: Boundary Trails Health Centre. Also, in Winkler there is a schnitzel restaurant ran by a local Mennonite family, it is really, really good.

If you also want touristy ideas (museums, festivals, etc) send me a message!

Amazing.. It will help me a lot duringy Exploratory visit.I talked with another person who moved Morden throith this program in last year. He said that once you come here definitely you will get LOA but just prepare and give best answers to them about live in Morden

rdmindia

Nov 24, 2016
Hello Permafrost_can, Your post are very much useful for us in future as well. I just wanted to know that what are the chances of success of exploratory visit. Another things is that, once finished exploratory visit then what is the next stepse. Means once EV finished we will get nomination or ITA?

Thanks in advance.

permafrost_can

Nov 16, 2017
Category........
Amazing.. It will help me a lot duringy Exploratory visit.I talked with another person who moved Morden throith this program in last year. He said that once you come here definitely you will get LOA but just prepare and give best answers to them about live in Morden
May I give a bit of advice? Here where I work, we meet with people who come on exploratory visits to Winnipeg and usually they do very well in the interview if they say that they spoke to (1) potential employers and (2) newcomer or settlement service providers. If it works the same in Morden, then you will do well if you visit potential employers and also if you meet with the people at Regional Connections. Take their business cards so you can show the agent that you met with them and that they will help you get established and well settled in Morden if nominated.

Reactions: yogesh-india

permafrost_can

Nov 16, 2017
Category........
Hello Permafrost_can, Your post are very much useful for us in future as well. I just wanted to know that what are the chances of success of exploratory visit. Another things is that, once finished exploratory visit then what is the next stepse. Means once EV finished we will get nomination or ITA?

Thanks in advance.
I don't know your chances of success are, those depend on your specific case, and I'm not an agent so I don't know how they determine it internally.

I am not as familiar with the Morden program. In the MPNP, from what I observe usually they can see on the MPNP website that a decision has been made, then they email the applicant to let them know they have been nominated, and at least for them it is a few days or weeks after their exploratory visit. Then you accept the nomination, get ITA, and start your federal process. Please don't take this as official information, I didn't immigrate through MPNP but through a federal program, so I am not 100% certain about the MPNP or the strategic initiative portion of the application.

rdmindia

Nov 24, 2016
Thanks a lot permafrost_can..You are giving hreag information to me and all of us. As per your advice I will do the same to visit employers and regional service centers. last week 13 June I didn't apply in SINP EE because I already accepted EV so can I convey my words to them that i want to live in Morden that's why I didn't apply in another provience. It will also help to consider strong intension to them

Reactions: permafrost_can

Mosich

Dec 15, 2017
My husband is from near Morden and his family still lives out there. If anyone has any general questions about the town, or settling in the town, etc, feel free to send me a message.

I don't know the nomination process because I didn't come through that one (came through a federal program), so I can't answer questions about the Morden immigration program, but I will be glad to answer questions about the town, the region, and general settlement topics.
Thank you for sharing valuable information!!
If I will not give you and your family a hard time, i have got few questions about Morden. and this is my email: mosichmusse@gmail.com
Many thanks!!

permafrost_can

Nov 16, 2017
Category........
Thank you for sharing valuable information!!
If I will not give you and your family a hard time, i have got few questions about Morden. and this is my email: mosichmusse@gmail.com
Many thanks!!
Send me a private message with your questions :) I can answer about the town, but not about the immigration process because I'm not familiar with the Morden one.

Reactions: jules013

Mosich

Dec 15, 2017
Send me a private message with your questions :) I can answer about the town, but not about the immigration process because I'm not familiar with the Morden one.
I hv tried to send u a private message but i found out that i am not allowed to do so due to my low no. of posts. So can you send me a private message. Apology for my ignorance.

Nursextian

Jun 22, 2018
Hi. Im new here, what if skype is blocked in a conutry where an applicant is presently living like in middle east. Any alternatives? Thank you.

permafrost_can

Nov 16, 2017
Category........
I hv tried to send u a private message but i found out that i am not allowed to do so due to my low no. of posts. So can you send me a private message. Apology for my ignorance.
I must have done something wrong with my settings! Sorry about that. I will message you right away.

permafrost_can

Nov 16, 2017
Category........
Hi. Im new here, what if skype is blocked in a conutry where an applicant is presently living like in middle east. Any alternatives? Thank you.
Ask them if they can use another application like Telegram, Facetime, Facebook Messenger, Google Hangouts, etc.