+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

EVERYTHING ABOUT MORDEN 2016

rdmindia

Nov 24, 2016
Thanks for your wishes. I applied on 2 May and got response yesterday night. They told me to confirm Skype interview on 5th June. My NOC is 0911.
Wow big congratulations! Got a response as well yesterday however ours was unsuccessful. Would you mind sharing which noc did you applied for?

Best of luck with your upcoming skype interview!

Reactions: yogesh-india

rdmindia

Nov 24, 2016
Just now finished my interview with Immigration coordinator and she is very nice and always smiling to give positive confidence. Below are the questions,
1) self introduction
2) What do you do with your family means how to spend time with your family members
3) About my wife details and her lacel of English
4) How do your know Morden and If you want to select then can you come to Morden for exploratory visit
5) how you cope with rural areas means do you have any experience about rural areas living
6) Do you have your own home
7) If you do job as Manufacturing Manager or manufacturing engineer
8) if you visit here on exploratory visit the. What would be your first steps?
9) have you ever been to abroad
10) during your visit how you explore Morden ?
11) asking questions about my present company and previous company details and my role profile

She will tell me that Till the next Wednesday will inform about exploratory visit
12) any question you wanted to ask me.
My self:- I asked her to what is the sucess if I would be selected for EV and chances to get next process and she told me that out 9/10 has got PR.

Fingers crossed now. Pray for me to get EV.

msballes16

Jun 13, 2018
Saudi Arabia
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
24-01-2019
Nomination.....
08-11-2018
AOR Received.
24-01-2019
To everyone, I understand that Morden Initiative is for people who don't have any connections in Canada who can support them in any way. What if I have a friend in Morden, but I don't have any other connections outside Morden. In fact, my friend is the one who introduced the Morden idea to me. Will that disqualify me for the Morden Initiative? The reason that I thought about this is that my friend in Morden, which is in Manitoba still has the option to support me directly to MPNP, without the need of Morden support. Thank you for any answers!

permafrost_can

Nov 16, 2017
Category........
To everyone, I understand that Morden Initiative is for people who don't have any connections in Canada who can support them in any way. What if I have a friend in Morden, but I don't have any other connections outside Morden. In fact, my friend is the one who introduced the Morden idea to me. Will that disqualify me for the Morden Initiative? The reason that I thought about this is that my friend in Morden, which is in Manitoba still has the option to support me directly to MPNP, without the need of Morden support. Thank you for any answers!
I don't know if it will disqualify you - I would imagine not. They want people who will stay in Morden, so if you have a friend in Morden, it is even more likely that you will stay there as you have an extra link to their community. And you are correct, you could just do the MPNP program directly and have your friend support you.

permafrost_can

Nov 16, 2017
Category........
My husband is from near Morden and his family still lives out there. If anyone has any general questions about the town, or settling in the town, etc, feel free to send me a message.

I don't know the nomination process because I didn't come through that one (came through a federal program), so I can't answer questions about the Morden immigration program, but I will be glad to answer questions about the town, the region, and general settlement topics.

permafrost_can

Nov 16, 2017
Category........
Hello Friends, I got invitation letter from Morden for exploratory visit and planning to go there by End of July. Just wanted to know that, putting invitation letter and sponsor lettel will make st
I don't have an answer to your question but enjoy your exploratory visit! If you enjoy folk music or outdoor events, you will be there right when they have the Cripple Creek festival: https://www.facebook.com/CrippleCreekMusicFestivalMB/ .

Ms81

Jun 16, 2018
Hello Friends, I got invitation letter from Morden for exploratory visit and planning to go there by End of July. Just wanted to know that, putting invitation letter and sponsor lettel will make st
Congratulations , I am looking on this form from 2 years and due to some financial problem have not submitted my file. Now I will submit my file within 2 months.Please guide me my email id is jaswindermanu50@gmail.com. please contact me.

msballes16

Jun 13, 2018
Saudi Arabia
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
24-01-2019
Nomination.....
08-11-2018
AOR Received.
24-01-2019
Hi! Congratulations! Could you please give some details on your timeline?

rdmindia

Nov 24, 2016
Hi! Congratulations! Could you please give some details on your timeline?
I applied on 2 May
Got response about that we will respond you on 1 Jube
Got akypS interview confirmation on 1 June
Skype interview on 5 June
Invitation letter for Exploratory visit on 13 June

rdmindia

Nov 24, 2016
Anyone please share your experiencea about the Exploratory visit. I am about to planning to go there in End of July and nedd help in this.

Reactions: Ms81

angel_ca

Jan 12, 2018
Thank you .

Form whom you received the reply ? . What was the content in the reply ?

As soon I sent the email,I got an automated reply ..other than that no response so far
Hi Wilson,

Did you get any response from Morden? Please share your experience.

Thanks and regards.

permafrost_can

Nov 16, 2017
Category........
Anyone please share your experiencea about the Exploratory visit. I am about to planning to go there in End of July and nedd help in this.
I replied to you with this information on another thread, but I decided to share it on this thread too in case it is useful to anyone:

For starters, you should check out their business directory to see what kind of businesses they have, see if you can schedule a few interviews to learn about what they do and the (long-term) possibility of working with them. http://business.mordenchamber.com/list

Also, visit Regional Connections, http://regionalconnections.ca/about-us/our-staff/morden/ which is a not-for-profit settlement and newcomer-serving agency with an office in Morden and one in Winkler, so that you find out what kind of resources they have for you to be able to settle, including employment help. If you or your spouse need to improve your English, ask them about possible courses to take.

They have a few nice restaurants in Morden, I recommend Mr. Mike's, Boston Pizza (it's a chain but it's very Canadian), and for a casual breakfast or lunch, go to Human Bean. To check out the local folk, go to Rocks, it's not anything spectacular but everyone from the region eats there. My father-in-law recommends a steak house there, but I don't remember the name.
If you need to buy groceries, the local Red River Co-op is an option, Shoppers and PharmaSave are the local drugstores in case you need anything, and you can also find some groceries at Giant Tiger.

I strongly recommend renting a car, because it is impossible to get there from Winnipeg by transit. I think there is a bus but even to move around Morden, you will need a car. I suggest driving around outside of Morden so that you can see the farms, the fields of wheat, canola, flax, sunflowers and corn, and the cattle. Visit nearby Winkler for a more affordable grocery store (Real Canadian Superstore), most people in Morden drive there to buy groceries. Plus, on your way to Winkler you will see the hospital that serves both towns: Boundary Trails Health Centre. Also, in Winkler there is a schnitzel restaurant ran by a local Mennonite family, it is really, really good.

If you also want touristy ideas (museums, festivals, etc) send me a message!