+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Etobicoke Landing Experience March 2019

Bend

Jun 25, 2013
They gave me an appointment directly without my request. It is a date three weeks later after approval.
That is great, congratulations! Was this from Ottawa?

Also, you mentioned that you did not send any request, so you got no PPR, just a direct landing interview letter?

lissylin

Star Member
May 2, 2018
That is great, congratulations! Was this from Ottawa?

Also, you mentioned that you did not send any request, so you got no PPR, just a direct landing interview letter?
yes. no PPR, a direct interview. From Ottawa Office. my application was approved by Niagara falls office.

Dec 5, 2018
I got my CoPR on Mid - December and I called IRCC to book my landing inteview in Etobicoke office. They told - its 4-6 weeks of waiting time. Still, I was OK with it, as my Expiry was on Mid Feb. I also sent email directly to Appointment team which i received the automated response.
Even after waiting 6 weeks - there wasn't any update. Finally after escalated by IRCC last week to Etobicoke team - they have booked the Interview and I got my date.
Sharing this experience, as many people may go through the same option. Its better to follow from your end + Help of IRCC team to follow-up with the date of appointment.

Bend

Jun 25, 2013
I got my CoPR on Mid - December and I called IRCC to book my landing inteview in Etobicoke office. They told - its 4-6 weeks of waiting time. Still, I was OK with it, as my Expiry was on Mid Feb. I also sent email directly to Appointment team which i received the automated response.
Even after waiting 6 weeks - there wasn't any update. Finally after escalated by IRCC last week to Etobicoke team - they have booked the Interview and I got my date.
Sharing this experience, as many people may go through the same option. Its better to follow from your end + Help of IRCC team to follow-up with the date of appointment.
How was it escalated? By calling their office or did you write to them again? Thank you for sharing your experience.

OldH1B

Star Member
Nov 20, 2017
Hi Guys,
I am an inland candidate, currently on WP.
I got my COPR and Passports (with single entry visa stamped) recently.
There is a letter which explains what are the next steps etc etc but it is in French. So couldn't understand it.

There is no letter or email so far which says I will have to request for my appointment at Etobicoke.
Does this mean I can do the flagpoling at the US border?

Q2.) Are there any specific days or times when flagpoling is done at the US/ CA border?
Q3.) Should I take a U turn after crossing US border and return to Canada for landing or can I enter USA ( I have tourist visa) spend some time and return to the border the same day/ next day?

Seeing the previous posts it appears Etobicoke gives appointments when your COPR nears expiry. Mine is around June. I would like to complete the PR landing soon so wish to go to Niagara and do it. Friends have done it at Kingston/ 1000 islands but I would still prefer Rainbow bridge.

Your comments would be helpful

igorbsmith

May 8, 2018
Hi Everyone,

Just want to share with you all my timeline:

1st email sent to book appointment: 12/11/2019
No answer back so far.

2nd email: 016/01/2020
No Answer back

I called and I talked to an immigration officer and I was told they are trying to find a spot to me.

If I dont get any response by Wednesday I'll cross the border. My only concern: Is that ok If I cross the border even after sending the email to book it?

John Flinch

Jan 21, 2019
Here;s my timeline

Email sent to book appointment 02/06/2020
Response email with landing interview date: 02/12/2020
Landing interview date: 02/19/2020

I was really worried after reading some of the comments in this thread but it seems like the Etobicoke office is getting faster now.
I was ready to do flagpoling if they didn't answer in 2 weeks but thankfully they responded in 6 days.

Reactions: OldH1B

OldH1B

Star Member
Nov 20, 2017
Here;s my timeline

Email sent to book appointment 02/06/2020
Response email with landing interview date: 02/12/2020
Landing interview date: 02/19/2020

I was really worried after reading some of the comments in this thread but it seems like the Etobicoke office is getting faster now.
I was ready to do flagpoling if they didn't answer in 2 weeks but thankfully they responded in 6 days.
Hi,
I just got off talking to CIC on the phone. They said they can request for an appointment on my behalf and I asked them to do it.
They also advised if I don't want to wait for too long, I can do the landing at any border as well.
They will send me some instrctions and timelines for the Niagara border by email shortly.

Just wanted to confirm with you - the email ID where you sent the request for appointment is
ircc.pra-rvpr.ircc@cic.gc.ca

Is this correct?
We send the email and just wait for their revert?

Thanks,

OldH1B

Star Member
Nov 20, 2017
Hi Everyone,

Just want to share with you all my timeline:

1st email sent to book appointment: 12/11/2019
No answer back so far.

2nd email: 016/01/2020
No Answer back

I called and I talked to an immigration officer and I was told they are trying to find a spot to me.

If I dont get any response by Wednesday I'll cross the border. My only concern: Is that ok If I cross the border even after sending the email to book it?
Yes - that is fine. The CIC agent I spoke to said, only make sure you cancel your request for appointment and inform Etobicoke office by phone or email that you have already compelted the landing process over at the border.

OldH1B

Star Member
Nov 20, 2017
Try your luck in flagpoling in Niagara. If lucky you can process your landing in 1 day.
I plan to do the same but I heard there are certain days and times and only during that, the Canada border allows you entry for flagpoling purposes. Are you aware of those dates and times?

John Flinch

Jan 21, 2019
Hi,
I just got off talking to CIC on the phone. They said they can request for an appointment on my behalf and I asked them to do it.
They also advised if I don't want to wait for too long, I can do the landing at any border as well.
They will send me some instrctions and timelines for the Niagara border by email shortly.

Just wanted to confirm with you - the email ID where you sent the request for appointment is
ircc.pra-rvpr.ircc@cic.gc.ca

Is this correct?
We send the email and just wait for their revert?

Thanks,
Yes that's the correct email.
Once you send the email, they will acknowledged that they got it with an automated reply, in that email they say that they will give you the appointment date within 30 days.