+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Etobicoke Landing Experience March 2019

kartikayku

Star Member
Jul 26, 2017
Hi My appointment was at 10 am today. I went a bit early at 8 am around that time there were already 40 people for various other reasons. I as we had appointment its first come first serve for the day. My COPR was checked by the agent. I was asked to sign on both the COPRs and the agent also signed. Same questions which are on the COPR were asked. It was finished and I was informed that the PR card will be coming by post in 4 weeks time. I was handed over one of the signed copy of the COPR and asked me to go and take the new SIN number from the next room. I did that it just took few more minutes and it was done. Very smooth... Hope this helps you :) best wishes :) :)
How many photographs you took along?

Bend

Jun 25, 2013
Hi My appointment was at 10 am today. I went a bit early at 8 am around that time there were already 40 people for various other reasons. I as we had appointment its first come first serve for the day. My COPR was checked by the agent. I was asked to sign on both the COPRs and the agent also signed. Same questions which are on the COPR were asked. It was finished and I was informed that the PR card will be coming by post in 4 weeks time. I was handed over one of the signed copy of the COPR and asked me to go and take the new SIN number from the next room. I did that it just took few more minutes and it was done. Very smooth... Hope this helps you :) best wishes :) :)
Hey that is amazing, you must be so relieved! I am so glad to hear that it went well for you. Thank you for sharing your experience. I hope to hear back from them soon too.

Also, did they stamp the two copies of the COPR, or just signed them?

arthi saba

Star Member
Feb 28, 2018
Hello everyone,

I did my landing today at Etobicoke (5353 Dundas West). My appointment was at 2pm but I went in early around 1.20 and it was first come first serve. Took me around 15min of wait time and the signing process took about 10mins. I was asked for,
1. the letter of appointment
2. Passport
3. Was asked to provide 2 photographs but the officer only took one
4. Asked me to confirm the details on the COPR
5. Signed and done

PR card will be sent within a month.

Next door is Service Canada. Done with my new SIN. Took me about 25mins as there was quite a crowd.

Overall, the easiest experience.

NOPE NOPE NOPE
EDIT

PLEASE MAKE SURE THE OFFICER SUBMITS YOUR FILE AT COPR SIGNING COS THEY FORGET.

I was told at the Service Canada that my file was pending. Damnnn.. I went back thrice and got kicked out twice asking me to wait for 4 weeks to get the SIN. Thank God I met an Angel of an officer named ZULF ♥ I was helped aptly.

Last edited:
Reactions: ahanan

Jtoronn

Dec 6, 2019
Thank you for your info!

When did you email them to make an appointment? And got contact from them to confirm it?
Did you bring two photos that are same ones for COPR? Or got new photos?

Congrats!!!

Sunnyshine

Dec 26, 2019
Hi,
Is there any restriction on the document folders/bagpacks/mobiles that we carry to ircc office ?

ahanan

Star Member
Mar 6, 2015
Hey that is amazing, you must be so relieved! I am so glad to hear that it went well for you. Thank you for sharing your experience. I hope to hear back from them soon too.

Also, did they stamp the two copies of the COPR, or just signed them?
Hi yes relieved!... There is no stamping only the signatures by the applicant and the IRCC Agent... Best Wishes to you... Do share your experience too :)

Reactions: Bend

ahanan

Star Member
Mar 6, 2015
Thank you for your info!

When did you email them to make an appointment? And got contact from them to confirm it?
Did you bring two photos that are same ones for COPR? Or got new photos?

Congrats!!!
Hi Thanks :) I mailed them on 29th Nov and they as per their record they received it on 4th Dec and I got the appoint confirmation mail on 4th Jan 2020 for the appointment on 14th Jan... Yes as per their advice we have to take two new photos... but what ever is stuck on the COPR is what they retain unless you want to change it :)

ahanan

Star Member
Mar 6, 2015
Hi,
Is there any restriction on the document folders/bagpacks/mobiles that we carry to ircc office ?
Hi there is no restriction you can carry your backpack... carry a bottle of water and couple of biscuit packets in case the que is long :)

Bend

Jun 25, 2013
Hello everyone,

I did my landing today at Etobicoke (5353 Dundas West). My appointment was at 2pm but I went in early around 1.20 and it was first come first serve. Took me around 15min of wait time and the signing process took about 10mins. I was asked for,
1. the letter of appointment
2. Passport
3. Was asked to provide 2 photographs but the officer only took one
4. Asked me to confirm the details on the COPR
5. Signed and done

PR card will be sent within a month.

Next door is Service Canada. Done with my new SIN. Took me about 25mins as there was quite a crowd.

Overall, the easiest experience.

NOPE NOPE NOPE
EDIT

PLEASE MAKE SURE THE OFFICER SUBMITS YOUR FILE AT COPR SIGNING COS THEY FORGET.

I was told at the Service Canada that my file was pending. Damnnn.. I went back thrice and got kicked out twice asking me to wait for 4 weeks to get the SIN. Thank God I met an Angel of an officer named ZULF ♥ I was helped aptly.
Hi- thank you for sharing your experience. What do you mean by making sure the officer submits your file? Should we just ask them after signing the COPR and before leaving that its all done?

Bend

Jun 25, 2013
Hi yes relieved!... There is no stamping only the signatures by the applicant and the IRCC Agent... Best Wishes to you... Do share your experience too :)
Great, thank you. So I am guessing that Service Canada did not ask for any stamp, right? I hope the whole process goes well for me too.

Reactions: ahanan

HelloWorld1

Feb 8, 2016
I did my landing today at Rainbow bridge. Arrived at the bridge by 7 PM then came back to Canadian border by 7:10 PM. Received my papers and asked me to go the other building. Inside the building, they took my documents and asked me to sit in the waiting area. There were 5 persons waiting there but I didn't ask their business. I was removing my scarf and coat but then other officer called my name so I kept my coat on. The officer asked the same questions listed in the COPR and answered back. He asked me to put my initials on the 2 questions and signed at the bottom for the 2 COPR. He filled some fields and dates and signed both documents. Stamped my passport and returned back my documents. It took around 5-10 mins max and I am done. Done linking the PR Card application also in my MyCIC account so I can monitor the status. :)
Did you come back half way on Rainbow bridge or you went to US border and they denied your entry?