+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Etobicoke Landing Experience March 2019

Bend

Jun 25, 2013
Hey guys- I am waiting for my landing interview. Just wanted to check if we need to have the two copies of the COPR signed by both the immigration officer and the applicant with their stamp, or just the signatures will suffice. I have been reading about service canada asking for the stamp. Can someone please share their experience, thank you! I am inland applicant.

Also, what are the waiting times on average for Ottawa. I know this is the thread for Etobicoke, but the other one seems to be not active.

ahanan

Star Member
Mar 6, 2015
Hey guys- I am waiting for my landing interview. Just wanted to check if we need to have the two copies of the COPR signed by both the immigration officer and the applicant with their stamp, or just the signatures will suffice. I have been reading about service canada asking for the stamp. Can someone please share their experience, thank you! I am inland applicant.

Also, what are the waiting times on average for Ottawa. I know this is the thread for Etobicoke, but the other one seems to be not active.
Hi I got my COPR in hand on 29th Nov in Toronto. As suggested by the IRCC that the best option is to send a mail and book an appointment with ircc.pra-rvpr.ircc@cic.gc.ca did that on 1st Dec... Immediately got an automated reply of acknowledgement of receipt of the email. After that no response... Still waiting...
When did you get your COPR and when did you mail for an interview request... This would help me as well to assess the situation, Thanks :) :) :)
Also what I have come to know from my friends is both the copies of COPR to be signed and stamped

Reactions: Bend

ahanan

Star Member
Mar 6, 2015
I have applied for the landing interview to etiboke on 27th NOV but no response yet. Anyone got landing interview date ? I can not flagpoll so landing interview is my only option..any leads would be helpful ?
Hi I had applied for interview on 1st Dec apart from the acknowledgement of receipt of the mail... Have not heard anything... Have you got any intimation of date so far, thanks

Bend

Jun 25, 2013
Hi I got my COPR in hand on 29th Nov in Toronto. As suggested by the IRCC that the best option is to send a mail and book an appointment with ircc.pra-rvpr.ircc@cic.gc.ca did that on 1st Dec... Immediately got an automated reply of acknowledgement of receipt of the email. After that no response... Still waiting...
When did you get your COPR and when did you mail for an interview request... This would help me as well to assess the situation, Thanks :) :) :)
Also what I have come to know from my friends is both the copies of COPR to be signed and stamped
Thank you for your reply. I emailed them on December 24, 2019 (the same day I got it back) and still waiting. Are you based in Toronto or Ottawa? I am just wondering if the waiting times are any different for Ottawa. Thank you for confirming about the signature and stamp thing.

Reactions: ahanan

ahanan

Star Member
Mar 6, 2015
Thank you for your reply. I emailed them on December 24, 2019 (the same day I got it back) and still waiting. Are you based in Toronto or Ottawa? I am just wondering if the waiting times are any different for Ottawa. Thank you for confirming about the signature and stamp thing.
Yes I stay in Toronto... Will update you if I get any reply... The return mail says that they will revert in 1 month with dates... for me its more than a month now... Probably the holidays

DannyBoyKM

Nov 20, 2019
I just got a letter from Etobicoke IRCC confirming an appointment on 14th Jan, I had sent them an email on Dec 03. Hoping you guys get yours soon too :D

ahanan

Star Member
Mar 6, 2015
I just got a letter from Etobicoke IRCC confirming an appointment on 14th Jan, I had sent them an email on Dec 03. Hoping you guys get yours soon too :D
Same Here too... appointment on 14th at Etobicoke @ 10 am :) :) Whats your time ... surprised that the mail came on 4th Jan being a Saturday :)

ahanan

Star Member
Mar 6, 2015
Yes I stay in Toronto... Will update you if I get any reply... The return mail says that they will revert in 1 month with dates... for me its more than a month now... Probably the holidays[/QUOT
Got a mail on 4th Saturday... appointment on 14th Jan at Etobicoke @ 10 am :) :) Whats your time ... surprised that the mail came on a Saturday :)

Bend

Jun 25, 2013
Same Here too... appointment on 14th at Etobicoke @ 10 am :) :) Whats your time ... surprised that the mail came on 4th Jan being a Saturday :)
Wow congratulations!!! At what time did you hear from them? Do share your experience.

ankursc

Jan 19, 2019
My appointment is at 2pm on 14th Jan.

My COPR came with one photo attached and the other photo loosely kept in the passport.
The appointment letter says I need to bring two photos with one photo with signed and dated by the photo studio.

Two photographs for your permanent resident card
1. The photo attached to the COPR is blank photo (at the back) and one loose has photo studio name, date, etc. Hope this is fine and I do not need any other photos?

2. Ottawa office did not return second photo for my kid (only one is stuck to the COPR). So do I need to get a second photo for my kid and does it have to be same as the one on the COPR?

Reactions: DannyBoyKM

ahanan

Star Member
Mar 6, 2015
Wow congratulations!!! At what time did you hear from them? Do share your experience.
Hi My appointment was at 10 am today. I went a bit early at 8 am around that time there were already 40 people for various other reasons. I as we had appointment its first come first serve for the day. My COPR was checked by the agent. I was asked to sign on both the COPRs and the agent also signed. Same questions which are on the COPR were asked. It was finished and I was informed that the PR card will be coming by post in 4 weeks time. I was handed over one of the signed copy of the COPR and asked me to go and take the new SIN number from the next room. I did that it just took few more minutes and it was done. Very smooth... Hope this helps you :) best wishes :) :)