+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Entry with expired COPR

Msin2020

Sep 9, 2020
Hi all, checking in to see if anyone has any new updates? No updates from my end.
We were planning to relocate from USA in mid November. Raised 2 web forms in august and September. Only Received generic replies. We have decided to cancel our relocation plan for now.
Not sure if there is anything left to do other than waiting at this point.

ksk1947

Sep 21, 2020
United States
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Med's Done....
09-09-2019
Passport Req..
30-01-2020
VISA ISSUED...
11-02-2020
Hi all, checking in to see if anyone has any new updates? No updates from my end.
We were planning to relocate from USA in mid November. Raised 2 web forms in august and September. Only Received generic replies. We have decided to cancel our relocation plan for now.
Not sure if there is anything left to do other than waiting at this point.
Same here. Raised one in Sept and one more just over last weekend. With the 2nd one, I’ve attached Offer Letter (internal transfer) of my spouse, Bank statement (proof of funds) and a letter explaining all the details of our plan to move permanently. Just waiting to hear...
The uncertainty is a bit much. I am stuck in a horrible job and have been putting off changing jobs because our plan was to move to Canada soon and change once there. Now, I’m just waiting patiently by convincing myself that things could have been much worse.
Hope we all hear back soon!

Moni9987

Nov 12, 2020
Hi all, We are US resident, COPR expired in July, now waiting for Authorization letter, raised multiple webforms since August, have a pressing reason to move to Canada by the end of this year but no concrete response from IRCC so far. Any suggestions will be helpful!!

Jj_singh

Jul 19, 2019
Hi All .....any updates for people in US and waiting for authorization to travel to Canada after COPR expired.

ksk1947

Sep 21, 2020
United States
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Med's Done....
09-09-2019
Passport Req..
30-01-2020
VISA ISSUED...
11-02-2020
I got asked to do medicals again.
Hi @Itsmsk66
Congratulations! That’s good news. Do you mind sharing your timeline? Specifically expiry dates of COPR and medical results? Also, have you only raised Webforms so far?

Itsmsk66

Star Member
Dec 27, 2019
Copr expired June 20
Raised 3 web forms only
Asked to do medicals oct 10
Completed medicals yesterday.
Waiting for next steps.

Falcon19

May 22, 2019
Hi. My passport is set to expire in May 2021. I just did my re-meds 2 weeks back. I am confused if I should wait for the AL/COPR extension or renew my passport. If I renew it and intimate the new details to IRCC I am worried they will delay further. If dont what if they hold up my extention because I don't meet the 6 months validity criteria. Can someone please shed some light on this?

Msin2020

Sep 9, 2020
Hi. My passport is set to expire in May 2021. I just did my re-meds 2 weeks back. I am confused if I should wait for the AL/COPR extension or renew my passport. If I renew it and intimate the new details to IRCC I am worried they will delay further. If dont what if they hold up my extention because I don't meet the 6 months validity criteria. Can someone please shed some light on this?
Hi, I am not qualified in any way, shape or form to answer your question. So take my answer for what it’s worth.
I think IRCC might not be issuing many AL’s during the winter COVID spike in December and January. So If I were you, I would go ahead and renew my passport ASAP now.

ksk1947

Sep 21, 2020
United States
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Med's Done....
09-09-2019
Passport Req..
30-01-2020
VISA ISSUED...
11-02-2020
Hi There,
This was my experience for when I first applied for a Canadian PR. But, I think passport updates are fairly routine for IRCC and like others have mentioned, renewing with quick processing is relatively safe.

I received ITA one year before my passport was set to expire. I applied with the same and then renewed my passport in the meantime and received a new one just a week before receiving PPR six months later (I delayed applying for a new one due to a crippling distaste for paperwork and bad websites). I immediately updated IRCC about my new passport through webform and attached the scan as a document. They acknowledged. I only sent my new passport for the PR Visa to be stamped and received it back promptly without any issues.
(Depending on relevant visas, one may have to send old passport along too)

clark kent

Aug 27, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-07-2014
AOR Received.
04-09-2014
Med's Request
09-03-2015
Med's Done....
11-03-2015
Passport Req..
02-06-2015
LANDED..........
04-07-2015
Hi all, We are US resident, COPR expired in July, now waiting for Authorization letter, raised multiple webforms since August, have a pressing reason to move to Canada by the end of this year but no concrete response from IRCC so far. Any suggestions will be helpful!!
are you sure COPR has an expiry? Have you done your landing previously?